New Unit : Merkava 4 tank of Israel

Boulboulgadol

Gadol as my tanks barrels
This is the FINAL VERSION of the Merkava 4, last born of the israeli class tank.
As a matter of fact, it is their new main battle tank. It is one of the most powerfull in the world.
It has been built in order to give the maximum chances for the crew to survive. For example, the engine is
in the front, to take the first shock of a direct shot.

This is my first unit, so be clement with me.
I made it while learning how to do it. I had to learn 3D modeling (with Rinoceros. Very good !), and the animation proceedings. Wasn't easy but here it is !

You can download it HERE.

And here is the preview of the FINAL VERSION:
Aimation sequence : Default-->Fidget-->Default-->Run-->AttackA-->AttackB-->Victory-->AttackA-->Death

You can compare it with the OLD BETA version :

Related threads :

* First unit request from IceBlaze
* Merkava 4 unit preview from Me ! :D
* Who wants to make pedia entry ??? from Nahuixtelotzin

A big thank you to Smoking Mirror, Neomega and Kinboat ! They helped me a lot with 3D modeling and animations ! They made me want to make new units after this one !

That's the sandy-brown color of the real tank.

Attachments

• merkava-4.jpg
    merkava-4.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4,380
well i like it Boulboulgadol! :goodjob: I've needed this unit for a long time!

Thanks for the excellent new unit Boulaboula (sorry if I spelt it wrong). I really needed it for Israel. Gonna give a test just now.

Hey I'm wondering, any chance on a second version with an immobile default? The rock and roll effect is a bit excessive from what I can see in the image you posted (that merk is really busy in that picture ain't it?).

Love the unit. Good job! :D

Unscratchedhands (spelling problems too ! :D) :

If you talk about the preview in the previous thraed, I fixed this.
If you talk about the preview up here, well... I will fixe it more !

Great! The last UU I needed for my mod.

I'll put this in the library once it's complete. Looks great at the moment, though. :goodjob:

Great unit Boulboulgadol :goodjob:

Oh joy, i've been looking forward to this unit. Thank you veeeeery much :goodjob:

Thank you everyone. I'm very happy you appreciate my work.

About the final version: It will be there within 2-3 weeks. But I just need to do something else now, and go for a new unit, why not ?
Then, I will have my Merkava passion back and strong again to remake all the animations. You, know, when you work on the same thing for 3 weeks, you just have to see some new ! Otherwise, you lose a bit of motivation.

So don't worry. I will make it !

Voila !

:D You can go on posting compliments, now ! :D

Great job Boulboulgadol, glad you finished it! Looks quite good! The desert colors look good too, not what people are used to I think, but it suits this unit!

Top Bottom