PBEM Password Repository Needed

ruff_hi

Live 4ever! Or die trying
I think that we need a repository for PBEM passwords. The ideal solution for this is someone not involved in games that can record admin (minimum) and player (nice to have) passwords.

There is lots of situations where a player drops out of a game and if we don't have the admin password, the game dies. Currently Dazz_G is missing and multiple games are stalled. Dazz_G is the admin for some of these games which probably means that the games will die. If we had a repository, then the players in the games could petition the repository and get the game restarted.

My thinking re a password repository ... one of our fearless admins (Padma, ainwood, Turner, Chieftess or ori).

This would be a good idea. I'd hate to put in hundreds of turns into a game that died simply due to a player disappearing. Given the timescale over which most pbem games are played, I think this would be a very important backup.

I totally agree. The way I see it working is that the pbem game admin pm's the admin password to the admin depository at the start of the game. If the game dies, then the other players write a 'pretty please' pm to the depository and ask for the admin password to either be released, or a selected player to be converted to an AI.

I've pm'd some admins to see if they would be willing to help.

whoo hoo! ainwood said that they would provide this service!

pm from ainwood said:
If you want to create a thread in the PBEM forum, I am happy for people to PM me passwords, and I'll log them in the admin forum (that way, its only TF, Padma & myself who have access, if some of the staff want to participate in PBEMs).

BTW - I have offered a Civ3 password recovery service previously. Civ3 passwords are easier to retrieve than Civ4 ones....

I've pm'd my admin (and player) passwords to ainwood. I guess you should include the game name, the thread and associated players in your pm.

Top Bottom