The Great War

nokmirt

Emperor
I wanted to start a thread to gather feedback about this mod. I will add screenshots later. This mod is based on a scenario created by Jon Shafer. I wanted to gather feedback from anyone playing this mod, so changes can be made to improve it. Anyone that would be interested in making this mod compatible for BTS, please let me know. The AI would just be much better among other things.

This is the Download link http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12498

Thank you and I will update this later and tell everyone more about this mod.

I am currently having a problem with creating trenches of some sort, I am looking for suggestions to solve this. Also, I have added alot of units to the Great War scenario map, so give your nations some money. I am playing as Russia, and right away my units were on strike, my ecomony is real bad, so I added then enough money so I could function for 104 turns, so two years of the war. In the meantime while I am fighting I am going to try to get some workers building around my cities. I also suggest building a navy and using merchant ships to do trade missions with friendly countries for extra cash. Remember to have an open borders agreement to do this. So the playtesting continues :confused: god knows what will happen yet.

I have this mod pretty well worked out all the events work. The Americans should declare war when they are supposed too, in 1917 not 1915. The problem is that the ai does not know, well I can't say, but its pretty stupid. But for what it is the mod looks pretty cool, use Chuggi's terrain graphics to make it look better. You can download those here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293656 this is my choice for graphics enhancement. This game is fun but I think it would be really good on BTS and the 3.19 patch, integrated with DCMRevolution. That would be World War One let me tell you. Enjoy

Soon, I am going to start a mod on BTS about the Spanish-American War, it will be for BTS 3.19 and I will use the DCMRevolution mod for making my map. I am starting school again soon so it will be a project when I can fit in the time. If anyone is interested in discussing the new mod or has any ideas, let me know. I have civ 3 and a similiar mod was pretty popular for that game. On Bts 3.19 it should be quite a game. I would like some ideas for a tech tree, maybe we could make this like an Age of Imperialism for BTS. Right now my imagination is running wild, but like I said anyone interested let me know.

Well im just wondering instead of forts being built my workers change it into trenches? xd. lol if this idea is stupid just forgive me xd cuz i aint much of a modder.

Well im just wondering instead of forts being built my workers change it into trenches? xd. lol if this idea is stupid just forgive me xd cuz i aint much of a modder.

I guess trenches cannot be built, though snafusmith in his Blood&Iron mod is supposed to have working trenches. Something to do with the graphics layers not able to go into the ground. I was going to make infantry be able to build forts, but I have put this whole idea on hold for a bit, until snafu gets his intial playable mod out, and I can talk to him more about this then.

hi

Why Italy join the Allies at Nov 1914?
The Unique Units are in red color not shown?
Cant see the Unique Units

How does Unique Units and Units are place in the folder?

hi

Why Italy join the Allies at Nov 1914?
The Unique Units are in red color not shown?
Cant see the Unique Units

How does Unique Units and Units are place in the folder?

I will get back to you. I have done alot of work on it since last time I posted this mod.
I am going to send you a link when its completed, but give me a few days. Alot has been fixed, and more units have been added. When you download it this time everything will work, because I am going to have the whole thing in one download. I broke it up in pieces because civfanatics allows you only 10 MB of storage. I have not had time to playtest it, if you want to help, I sure would be grateful. Let me know.

I have it downloaded at Atomic Gamer follow my download link at the top of this thread. Let me know what you think, it seems the Germans don't upgrade their planes, but Austria does. Maybe they do later on, also in the one game I was playing the Central powers were getting stomped. I balanced the game so it should be hopefully better. Even still it is mor interesting than the original. Civ 4 Vanilla is weird it's hard to get the ai to do things right. Try it and let me know.

hi nokmirt :wave:

The units are like in the WW1
Good Scenario

It is better than the original because of graphics
Addition of Rail Road Gun Zeppelin etc
I feel like in the 1914

What does it turns color black after playing 2 hrs? and when I loaded after returning to windows it runs normal again

Can you do it also in Napoleon Scenarios with events?

hi nokmirt :wave:

The units are like in the WW1
Good Scenario

It is better than the original because of graphics
Addition of Rail Road Gun Zeppelin etc
I feel like in the 1914

What does it turns color black after playing 2 hrs? and when I loaded after returning to windows it runs normal again

Can you do it also in Napoleon Scenarios with events?

I am not sure but if you save it and start again it goes away. I never could figure it out. I was meaning to ask Jon Shafer about it. When I first saw it I did not know what to think. Anyway sometimes it does not occur, it's really strange. I am glad you like the scenario, and as far as the Napoleon scenario, I would have to learn how to mod Python better. Have fun. I have a new mod for Giant Earth map called 1860 AD that I am working on. The beginning of it is almost complete. That is for BTS 3.19 RevolutionsDCM. I tried not to add so many things, just enough. But it follows a true to life tech tree. Let me know if you would like to playtest it.

hi nokmirt

What is 1860 all about? does it have events?
Your Napoleonic Europe can you make events like Great War?

Sorry to say, but I don't know how to mod in Python well enough. In the Great War, I followed what was there and just added to it. That Napoleonic Europe does get intense though, the ai builds massive armies.

The 1860 mod is on a Giant Earth Map and I have added several techs to have it progress true to life. I have cannon going on to rifled cannon. Ironclads on to paddlewheelers to the first ocean going ironclads like the HMS warrior built in 1860. The mod is a world map, and has I think 36 or 38 civs. I plan on adding to it step by step through world war one technology. I will have the first part in the downloads section soon.

First I have to add some riflemen units. They have the redcoat replace rifleman for Britain, and it looks too revolutionary war period, or outdated, so I will give them the Colonial Rifleman instead. Like what the British soldier looked like in the Zulu wars. I have several other rifleman units I want to add.

I have added alot of Sioux Indian units so they look like Indians instead of some generic medieval army. China, Mongols, Japan, and Korea have flavor units as well. It gives the gam diversity, makes it look more real. It's cool and it should be fun.

No pictures? Oh well, I'll risk it. :lol:

Yeah, give it a try its something to mess around with until Blood and Iron mod comes out. I have been waiting for an eternity for that it seems.

I tried downloading this, and when I extracte from the RAR file to the mod folder, the entire thing had an unspecified path folder. So I extracted to the desktop, and copied it to the mod folder. It failed to load, and by the looks of it, the XML error comning up was for each and every peice of the mod. It was an aggravating moment. This is a BTS mod, right?

I tried downloading this, and when I extracte from the RAR file to the mod folder, the entire thing had an unspecified path folder. So I extracted to the desktop, and copied it to the mod folder. It failed to load, and by the looks of it, the XML error comning up was for each and every peice of the mod. It was an aggravating moment. This is a BTS mod, right?

frpm the download page :

This is a work in progress, and it is playable on civ 4 v1.74. I currently am playing it on civ 4 complete.

so its clearly not for BtS ...

cheers

HahnHolio

frpm the download page :

This is a work in progress, and it is playable on civ 4 v1.74. I currently am playing it on civ 4 complete.

so its clearly not for BtS ...

cheers

HahnHolio

/Facepalm

Well, I learned my lesson on reading. Time to start up normal Civ 4...

Edit: Predictably, Civ 4 normal won't work. Says I need to run it as an administrator, even though I am. Guess I won't get to play this after all.

Hello, I downloaded it and will try it but I was wondering if i need to download more than the_great_war.zip because the units graphic seem wierd...surrounded by purple bubbles !!!

Is there The Great War.zip and the_great_war.zip to be downloaded ?

Disregard the previous post, I solved the graphic issue. I instaled the file at Atomic Gamer first then patched it with the one at Civ fanatic and all work fine. Will now start to play and keep you updated.

I was a fan of the great war on civ 3, I am sure I will enjoy this one.

Top Bottom