Eco damage

vyeh

Emperor
Eldramatico said:
Hi,

Is there any way to harvest more than 15/18 minerals in a base without having eco-damage, without having secret projects who reduce ecodamage and without tree farms? Is there a way to harvest the squares with supply crawlers to prevent eco-damage?

From the Datalinks:

There is a correction:

In steps 5 and 7, replace "16 plus # of previous damages" by "16 plus # of previous damages plus # of Tree Farms, Hybrid Forests, Centauri Preserves and Temples of Planet constructed by your faction since the first Fungal Bloom."

Notes

(1) Worked squares containing improvements count double unworked squares (including squares that are being crawled).

(2) A forest cancels out one unworked improvement.

(3) A fungal bloom increases the number of clean minerals for every base, i.e. ecological damage at one base permits every base to produce one more mineral without risk of ecological damage.

What does this mean?

Eco damage has two sources: improvements and mineral production.

(1) improvements:

(a) every improvement (except forests) causes ecodamage. Boreholes, condensors and echelon mirrors cost more.

(b) forests subtract ecodamage from improvements

(c) tree farms half ecodamage from improvements; hybrid forests eliminates the other half of ecodamage from improvements.

(2) mineral production

(a) mineral production above the "clean mineral" limit causes eco-damage.

(b) the "clean mineral" limit can increase. Every fungal pop and every tree farm, hybrid forests, centauri preserve and temple of planet built after the first fungal pop increases the clean mineral limit.

(c) Any of the above facilities built at any base increases the clean mineral limit at every base. If you scrap the facility, the clean mineral limit does not go down. In fact, if you rebuild the facility the clean mineral limit will increase.

To answer your question, the answer is yes.

Wait until you have a fungal pop. Then build and scrap centauri preserves. The clean mineral limit will rise.

Thanks for the answer

Something isn't clear for me, though I might know the answer, I just want to be sure:
Does every terraforming action counts for eco-damage (so any improvements built near the base would affect the eco-damage without beging harvested), or only the harvested square are implied in the calculation of the eco-damage? Thus building the minimum structures and the most forest near the base would help preventing eco-damage, even if they are not harvested?

-does a forest square mineral-harvested by a crawler counts as one less terraform structure, or forest square only reduce terraforming eco-damage if they are actually harvested at the same time directly?

(b) the "clean mineral" limit can increase. Every fungal pop and every tree farm, hybrid forests, centauri preserve and temple of planet built after the first fungal pop increases the clean mineral limit.

-that means that tree farms and centauri preserves doesn't improve the clean mineral limit(except for terraforming with the tree farm) if they are built before the first fungal bloom of the base?

"Wait until you have a fungal pop. Then build and scrap centauri preserves. The clean mineral limit will rise."

Does scrapping and recycling a tree farm improves as the centauri preserve the clean mineral limit?

Thanks

Thanks for the answer

Something isn't clear for me, though I might know the answer, I just want to be sure:
Does every terraforming action counts for eco-damage (so any improvements built near the base would affect the eco-damage without beging harvested), or only the harvested square are implied in the calculation of the eco-damage? Thus building the minimum structures and the most forest near the base would help preventing eco-damage, even if they are not harvested?

Worked improvements count double unworked improvements (which include improvements harvested by crawlers). The ecodamage caused by improvements is halved by tree farms and completely eliminated by tree farms and hybrid forests

-does a forest square mineral-harvested by a crawler counts as one less terraform structure, or forest square only reduce terraforming eco-damage if they are actually harvested at the same time directly?

Whether worked, crawled or unworked a forest square cancels out one unworked farm square.

-that means that tree farms and centauri preserves doesn't improve the clean mineral limit(except for terraforming with the tree farm) if they are built before the first fungal bloom of the base?

That is correct.

"Wait until you have a fungal pop. Then build and scrap centauri preserves. The clean mineral limit will rise."

Does scrapping and recycling a tree farm improves as the centauri preserve the clean mineral limit?

Yes. I didn't mention tree farms because you said you didn't want to use tree farms.

You're welcome.

Top Bottom