Civ IV Complete Problem (maybe)

LinkEdward

Chieftain
I just bought the Civ IV: Complete Edition on steam. I downloaded it, but it came in 4 seperate files, Civilization IV, Civilization: Beyond The Sword, Civilization: Warlords, and Civilization: Colonization. They all play just fine, but the problem is, I cant add the added content from the expansions on to the regular Civ IV. I have to open up an entierley (sorry if i spelled that wrong) new program to get the content from BTS or warlords. Its kind of annoying. Oh and I'm running Windows Vista Buisiness if that helps... Thanks!

Welcome to CFC :band:

this works as designed:
Civ4 is the core game - you need to play it to play the scenarios it ships with as well as the tutorial (and if you want to play with just the core stuff)
Warlords adds some things, changes others - you need to play it to play the scenarios it ships with (and if you want to play with just the Warlords stuff added)
BtS adds some more things to the core game, changes others and includes all the Warlords stuff (some changed)...

Colonization is a completely different game on the same game engine.

I am having an opposite problem. It only lets me play civilization colonization. Whenever I open up the game it just automatically goes to colonization and i juts want to play the normal game. help?

don't use the autoplay feature - use the shortcuts that were created for each of the four games - if this is vista you might need to go to the install directory and run the games from there (or create your own shortcuts). If you need more help, post :)

This is exactly the problem I'm having. I do have Vista and the install did not create any shortcuts. Please help me out with finding the install directory. I'm trying everything I can think of, but I don't even see the other game/versions on the disk!

welcome to cfc :band:

double click on my computer
double click on your hard drive
double click on program files
double click on 2kgames
double click on Civilization 4 Complete
the .exe in that folder is for civ4
the .exe in the Warlords folder is for Warlords
the .exe in the Beyond the Sword folder is for BtS

I'm having the same problem... none of the other folders are on my computer though. Just the Colonization shortcut, no other files for the other expansions or the regular Civilization. This seems to be a common problem that i have read about in other posts, but no one has stated an answer that has worked for me yet. The are no files in the start<games folder, nor any in the 2k games folder other than Colonization.... GRRR!

I totally figured out how to fix this problem!!!
Ok... here it goes...

When you go to install the new disc, the default file path it goes to is different than the original CD... Therefore when it tells you that you are unistalling the old one... you really arent.
You need to go into the control panel and delete it off of the programs listing.
Then...you need to go to program files in the C drive.
There are two folders with the game in it.
One is called 2K games and the other one is called firaxis. THIS IS THE PROBLEM!
You need to COMPLETELY rid your computer of the ENTIRE game, in EVERY folder.
So... after you have uninstalled in the control panel...look for these folders and delete the ENTIRE folder.
After you have done that, go to the search box on the start menu and type in civilization and see if anything else is left on your computer (there was one file left on mine when I did this.)
After you have COMPLETELY REMOVED every part of this game from the computer...
RESTART.... REINSTALL.
:crazyeye: Does that make sense? hahaha. I did this and it worked on my computer. Let me know if you have any questions.

WHOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! :king:

PS... After you are done reinstalling... it will STILL not give you desktop icons... you will have to go into the games window of your computer and physically put one there yourself... also... my computer automatically opened up colonization again... I just exited that game and clicked on the other one. :)

Top Bottom