6 Corporations [Modular] 2.7

vincentz

Programmer

I did a quick conversion of my 6 new corporations for 2.63 and made them modular in the process. I stalled the updating coz I thought it would be very complicated, but everything went surprisingly easy (thanks to the WoC standard I think). I havent changed anything from the 2.63 version, so there is no extra corporation building (to tell you the truth I'm not really fond of those in the first place. They unbalance things further IMO). Might do them later though, to make the corps look more RoM style.

The corporations are as follows :
Spoiler :

***Emperors Clothing***
"But he has no clothes on! cried a young child.... "
(The Emperor's New Clothes by H.C.Andersen)

Replaceable parts / Artist (Empoiro Armani logo)
Cotton, Dye, Fur, Sheep, Silk
Produce : Trade (+0.5/R) Culture (+2/R)

***MoonBean Coffeeshop***
Did anyone say Amsterdam???

Mass Transit / Merchant (Starbucks logo)
Coffee, Hit Singles, Sugar, Tobacco
Produce : Hemp, Culture (+0.25/R) and Money (+0.5/R)

***Big McDowells***
If you want your population to not only expand in numbers but size as well.
Super size me!

Logistics / Merchant (McDonalds logo)
Cow, Pig, Potatoes, Wheat, salt
Produce : Food (+1/R)

***Mall Wart***
Always fresh groceries for a cheap price. The wart is free.

Civil Engineering / Engineer (Wall Mart logo)
Apple, Banana, Lemon, Olives, Potatoes
Produce : Food (+0.25/R) and Money (+0.25/R)

***Adventure Tours***
Ever dreamt of going scubadiving, elephant trekking, horseback riding,
whale watching or maybe even explore ancient temple grounds.
Now your dreams can come true!!!

Tourism / Scientist (Palmtree logo)
Ancient Temple, Ivory*, Whale*, Horse, Clam
Produce : Science (+0.5/R), Trade (+1/R) and Culture (+2/R)

* Elephants and Whales are not obsolete anymore due to high demand for
elephant riding and whale watching

***East Western Trade Company***
"One flew east, one flew west...."

Corporation / Merchant (East indies trade company logo (pirates of carribean))
Silk, Spices, Cotton, Sugar, Coffee
Produce : Trade (+1/R)

Download moved to Vincentz Mods

ToDoList :
Make better gamefont logos
Make unique corp buildings (as RoM corps)
Update resources (Tea f.ex.)

Thank you! I'll give 'em a whirl.

One bit of "Suggestion/Feedback"

I saw a corporation in another mod that I really liked the idea of and it got me thinking.

It was a computer-age corporation that consumed Hit Singles, Hit Movies and Hit Shows and produced espionage. I think it was modelled on Napster/The Pirate Bay, I think it was even called Mapster.

It got me thinking - it was new in two ways - it used resources that otherwise play very little role in the game, and it also produced Espionage, something the other corps don't do.

While I like the idea of new corporations, and they're certainly just as themed as the Firaxis ones, I'm most happy when I see Corporations offer new different choices, or use resources that the Firaxis ones currently do *not* use.

The different choice element is particularly hammered home when the corporation competes with an existing one. So you're forced to either "Put the Culture Corp here because it's a border", or "Put the Science corp here" but not both :D

So (from your lot) I particularly love:

- Adventure Tours - using an "obsolete" resource in endgame. Top idea.
- E/W Trade company - producing TRADE as a result hasn't been done before.
- Starbucks - producing a resource is a great idea. Particularly if it's a rare one.

I thought I'd chime that in, since you're thinking about making more or changes. Hopefully it's of some value.

Cheers,

Sarkyn

Actually - perhaps we can think of unique ideas for the ROM Corp buildings, that both aren't unbalancing and do something that's a unique choice. Buildings with quirky positive effects but also negative effects, possiblement?

Ideas are goooood ;), keep 'em coming.

Thought about the Mapster idea as well, thou as a legal one (Sony or somethin like that).
I'll definately going to develop this one (though not as fast as my previous mods, as I start working (if you can call scubadiving for work) again tomorrow)

Vincentz will you use my Soren Clockworkes corporation idea?

Soren clockworks: consumes gold, silver, lead and copper
gives 5% production boneses and 5% from trade routes. Competes with civilized jewelers. Founded by engineer. Needs replaceable parts.

You can change the name, I don't mind.:) Maybe make it need Miniaturisation? Just say it was my idea.;)

I just liked the Soren name because of the clock on the mordern era splash screen.

Marnz did some corporation mods eons ago...some automobile companies, some fashion company, etc...would you mind researching those too?

If you keep adding Corporations, it might be advisable to put each one in it's own folder in /Modules.

That way, we can pick 3-4 of them to use each game, and not necessarily have corporation-spam quite as much :)

Marnz did some corporation mods eons ago...some automobile companies, some fashion company, etc...would you mind researching those too?

Sure. I actually thought about adding a luxury car manufacturer. Something like Farorcheghini.

If you keep adding Corporations, it might be advisable to put each one in it's own folder in /Modules. That way, we can pick 3-4 of them to use each game, and not necessarily have corporation-spam quite as much :)

I'll make 10 corps all together. (The last 4 are : Uciversal Studios, Orange Clockworks, Luxury cars (Need another name) and Arms Industry Manufacturers (AIM)). The idea was that there would be a wider selection instead of the 3 vanillas that I always picked. (Sushi/Creative Con/Jewelry).
Hopefully this means that the AI will get some corporations too. It'll be a huge project to separate them, so its either with or without. But they'll be separate from the Guilds I'm making.

That was an easter egg. Soren Johnson was the lead programmer for the game. ;)
I didnt know that ;)

I really like your added corporations. (RoM had too few, especially considering how many resources it added.) I have a few suggestions, I don't feel that enough corporations exist for the late-late game. I would imagine some advanced corporations selling genetically modified food, along with oribital corporations that could mine asteroids for other resources. (Asteroid mining co. could mine titanium, or some other rare resource.)

Oh, and one other thing, Will you eventually add the civilopedia text for your modmods? It bugs me a little, even though the changes are purely aesthetic.

I really like your added corporations. (RoM had too few, especially considering how many resources it added.) I have a few suggestions, I don't feel that enough corporations exist for the late-late game. I would imagine some advanced corporations selling genetically modified food, along with oribital corporations that could mine asteroids for other resources. (Asteroid mining co. could mine titanium, or some other rare resource.)
I like the idea. But to be honest, I have yet to progress into transhuman era myself. I think at that point people are more interested in building starships, mechs, nanite clouds etc than actually spreading corporations.
With that said, I think I might push some of the corps a little. They just seem unfit at the early stages I put them (Like MacD f.ex)

Oh, and one other thing, Will you eventually add the civilopedia text for your modmods? It bugs me a little, even though the changes are purely aesthetic.

It bugs me alot to be honest. I never actually looked at the game_text files, but one quiet evening (which may be hard to find as I bought a bar and is going to move into it on the 1st) I'll sit down and re-wiki the hole lot. I already did wikis/research on practically every aspect I added, I just wasnt smart enough to save it to textfiles when I had it on the screen :wallbash:. Especially the Guilds are going to take quite awhile. My priority so far was to make it work, and secondary balance it. Now its time to refine it. ;)

I like the idea. But to be honest, I have yet to progress into transhuman era myself. I think at that point people are more interested in building starships, mechs, nanite clouds etc than actually spreading corporations.

That's kinda my point. I would like players still to have to micromanage, even in the late part of the game. I would make them myself, but I don't have photoshop or any decent image editing software, nor the capability to use it. (And the Headquarters and the Corporation "missionaries" [I forget their official name...] have to be edited. And I would just mangle it. (Just look at how bad my Weather Forecasting promotion artwork is to see... [and it took me an hour just to do that...:()

Oh, If you care, I just wrote the modiki page on Corporations, could you look it over and tell me if I put any misinfo in and fix it if you see it? That would be nice.

I'd like to see each guild/corporation produce a manufactured good/service that is otherwise not available, then have a few guilds/corporations that require these goods, with creative benefit options as Sarkyn suggested (unlocking unique promotions, enhancing diplomacy rating, increasing flip percentage chance) - there's a lot of design space here.

For instance, instead of consuming raw materials, Mall Wart would require manufactured goods from Emperor's Clothing, Sid's Sushi, Orange Clockworks, et. al...

Where can i ind the GamefontsRAR mentioned in the first post

Top Bottom