Replacement(s) needed for 16-civ Rocky Pangea pitboss

Munro

Deity
Hi folks,

We're looking for one (or possibly two) replacements in the 'Team Cavaleiros' team pitboss game. This is a 16-player game with a 48 hour turn timer which is still in the relatively early stages (1240BC) and has an all-star cast of human players from (mostly) the Cavaleiros MTDG team. :)

Anyone interested in taking over one of the vacant spots?

More details below. PM me or post here if interested.

Cheers,
Munro

Civstats: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=1209

Map settings

• Lakes
  • Huge
  • Rocky
  • High sea level
  • Ancient era
  • Normal speed
  • Cylindrical world wrap
  • Standard Resources
  • 16 players
  • Deity difficulty

MP Options
  • Simultaneous turns
  • Take over AI
  • 48h turn timer

Game options
  • Permanent Alliances allowed
  • No Random Events
  • All others set to defaults (including huts on, barbs on, vassal states on, tech trading on)
Leaders
  • Munro - Sitting Bull
  • Sarge - Justinian
  • Morgan - Kublai Khan
  • Rusten - Peter
  • Elkad - Cyrus
  • UnconqueredSun - Zara Yaqob
  • Geronimo - Boudica
  • slaze - Pericles
  • Phillip - de Gaulle
  • Exploit - Lincoln
  • whiplash- Asoka
  • Donovan Zoi - Julius Caesar
  • classical_hero - Gilgamesh

Eliminated:
  • Empiremaker - Isabella
  • Niklas - Hatsheput
  • Ricardo - Memhed

I think I can manage another pitboss if it's a 48hr timer :)

I'll take de Gaulle

de Gaulle has just gone I'm afraid, but Gilgamesh is still available if that's ok instead? (Edit: or Asoka may be shortly about to become available if you have a strong preference for that instead)?

I've sent you a PM with the connection details.

Welcome! :goodjob:

Gilgamesh. Meh

would prefer Asoka, but why is Earthling quitting?

Gilgamesh. Meh

would prefer Asoka, but why is Earthling quitting?

I'm not sure. He didn't give any reason - just stopped logging in. I guess he just lost interest. He hasn't replied to my PM either so I"ve kicked him to AI now. So if you'd still prefer Asoka, go for it!

What does a 48 hr timer mean?

It means a new turn begins every 48 hours. I.e. each turn, you have 2 days to log in and take your turn.

oh dang, I logged in as Sumeria by mistake :( didn't see India on the list and forgot about Asoka

I haven't changed anything in Sumeria. Some absolute madness in both civs!

Great. I've sent you the connection details via PM.

The Sumerians missed a few turns before being kicked to AI so you will be at a bit of a disadvantage, but tech trading is on, and the map is not too crowded, so hopefully it is not too hopeless. :crazyeye:

Good luck (if you decide to accept the challenge) and welcome! :)

3.17 still, hopefully we'll upgrade to 3.19 soon...

Actually, I'd prefer to leave it on V3.17 if possible. The gameplay tweaks in V3.19 are fine, but I didn't spot anything significant enough to convince me it's worth the disruption and hassle of upgrading the pitboss server unless I really have to.

Obviously this may require some people to maintain a dual install, but that would also be true if we upgrade, since some people will still want access to V3.17 (for other pitboss games, GOTM etc).

Will it create a problem for anyone if we stick with V3.17?

I don't care either way.

all my other games are still on 3.17, so I'd prefer that.

If for some reason we do patch, I am dual-installed, so I can manage.

Now that hof mod is out for 3.19 i no longer have any other reasons than this game to stay in 3.17. I would prefer we patch about the same time as the mtdg... Munro voiced the idea of staying in 3.17 for the entire game but i don't think that is a viable alternative...

I'm also dual installed

Munro voiced the idea of staying in 3.17 for the entire game but i don't think that is a viable alternative...

Hmm. You might be right about that.

I'll look into this then. I'll see if I can get a patched 3.19 version of the pitboss server up and running in parallel (without disturbing the existing game) and we can use that to test it out and make sure the V3.17 will load ok and that everyone can connect to the new version.

Then once we're sure that there are no remaining technical issues to sort out, we can switch (or not) at our leisure...

I'll keep everyone posted via this thread.

Top Bottom