Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > COLOSSEUM > Arts & Entertainment

Notices

Arts & Entertainment Explore your creative side!

Old Aug 07, 2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Thorvald of Lym
A Little Sketchy

DYOS X Part II: Plans Within Plans

featuring CivGeneral, choxorn, e350tb, lord_joakim, mythmonster2, Perfection, Thorvald of Lym

Welcome to Part II of DYOS 10. This thread is dedicated to more complex plots and interactions. Note that anybody can contribute to this thread, however an understanding of the previous DYOS instalment is strongly recommended. The DYOS tradition continues fresh in DRAW Your Own Story XI: THE HAAAAX!

Rules of DYOS
Amended 17 July 2013

* Allow for at least one comic by a different poster between contributions when the thread is strongly active.
* No grievous harm or radical plot change involving another poster's character without said poster's consent.
* Limit main character roster to as small a group as feasible. Minor characters unlimited.
* No flaming, period. Report infractions to a moderator.
* Keep plot devices reasonable. Avoid 'wonder weapons' and fantastic twists if they serve no greater purpose.
* NO time travel, and NO parallel universes.
* NO POWERGAMING!
* Nothing forbidden by the CFC rules.
* Above all else: RESPECT THY FELLOW FORUMERS!

Anyone who so wishes may contribute to the story. All artistic styles are accepted.
Please put effort into your cartoon. Avoid cheaply-done Cut-and-Paste, if possible.
Above all else, have FUN!!

The DYOS Consul

DYOS is now run by a consul. Any forumer who posts a cartoon is automatically entered into the consulate, and can debate on issues relating to the story. To avoid cluttering this thread, discussions will occur in a separate thread devoted solely to the consul (link below). To pass a motion, a majority vote of 66% of the consulate is required. If, however, a week has passed and no further action has been taken regarding the motion, the vote will be tallied as it stands. Members are suspended from the consulate if they have not contributed to the story for a week (they are automatically reinstalled when they post a new cartoon). If you will be inactive for a prolonged period of time, please be courteous and notify the consul beforehand.

The consul oversees the following:
* Planning and organizing the story
* Placing posters on probation (see below)
* Expelling posters from the consulate (and thus, involvement in the story)
* Decisions regarding the future of the thread itself

If a poster has violated any of the rules, the consulate will vote to place the perpetrator on probation.
1st Probation: 2 days between comics
2nd Probation: 3 days between comics
3rd Probation: 5 days between comics
If the offender continues to break the rules, the consul may suspend the offender indefinitely.

Note that the intent of the consul is not to control the story's contributors, but to improve plot coherency, and hopefully the story overall. Whether or not you are a contributor or observer, please feel free to voice your recommendations. We're here as much for your enjoyment as our own!

Last edited by Thorvald of Lym; Jul 17, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
Thorvald of Lym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Thorvald of Lym
A Little Sketchy

The DYOS Consul

Link to the Consul

Members:
(Suspended names in brackets)
Angst; (Captain2); choxorn; CivCube; Triumvir CivGeneral; DaemonDD; e350tb; Gruekiller; JoanK; Kan' Sharuminar; kill fire; (MartinLuther); NinjaCow64; Perfection; SamSniped; Stylesjl; First Lady Stylesrj; Vice-Consul taillesskangaru; Consul Thorvald of Lym

11 votes needed for majority ruling

First Probation:
none

Second Probation:
none

Third Probation:
none

Expelled:
none

Last edited by Thorvald of Lym; Sep 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2009, 02:23 PM   #3
Thorvald of Lym
A Little Sketchy

Last edited by Thorvald of Lym; Feb 12, 2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2009, 02:53 PM   #4
choxorn
Advice Dog Zombie

Will there be a translation for the phone call?

Anyway, in the "Featuring", you forgot Kan, CivCube, tailless, Captain2, and, what the heck, Stylesrj.
My Stories: The terrain-unwise Romans (Won), The Conquests (In Progress, 6/9 Complete- 4 Wins, 2 Losses) SG History: Won: (My first SG)For newbies n's Religiously Wonderful SG Hawk01-5CC Regent Training Game Hawk02-Japan The 5 Sacred Cities Hawk03-5CC Persian Astronauts Lost: qoou's 3CC AW Monarch
"FONT SIZE MAKES THE ARGUMENT MORE CORRECT" -DNK, in size 5 font
"The buttocks of the Pharaoh were feared from Carthage to India!" - Traitorfish
choxorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2009, 06:09 PM   #5
Angst
Rambling and inconsistent

The car's on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel. And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides, and a dark wind blows. The government is corrupt, and we're on so many drugs with the radio on and the curtains drawn. We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death. The sun has fallen down, and the billboards are all leering, and the flags are all dead at the top of their poles. It went like this: The buildings tumbled in on themselves. Mothers clutching babies, picked through the rubble and pulled out their hair. The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards. Everything washed in a thin orange haze. I said; "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days." You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream or a fever. We woke up one morning and fell a little further down, for sure it's the valley of death. I open up my wallet and it's full of blood.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2009, 06:15 PM   #6
CivGeneral
Succubi General

Just out of curiosity, what City did you landed in? Since Right now I am making planet fall along with Thorvald to meet up with a survivor of the attack. I was thinking eather Washington D.C. or Philadelphia.
"Night was created for adults. You should go home kid!" - Morrigan Aensland | "Ultimately, I really make these comics to please myself. The rest of you are just along for the ride. If you try to please other people, then you'll never be happy with what you've done." - David Morgan Mar
CivGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2009, 06:40 PM   #7
Angst

ALL CITIES.

Philadelphia is cool.
The car's on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel. And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides, and a dark wind blows. The government is corrupt, and we're on so many drugs with the radio on and the curtains drawn. We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death. The sun has fallen down, and the billboards are all leering, and the flags are all dead at the top of their poles. It went like this: The buildings tumbled in on themselves. Mothers clutching babies, picked through the rubble and pulled out their hair. The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards. Everything washed in a thin orange haze. I said; "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days." You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream or a fever. We woke up one morning and fell a little further down, for sure it's the valley of death. I open up my wallet and it's full of blood.
Old Aug 07, 2009, 07:03 PM   #8
taillesskangaru
A bit scathed, a bit lost

I will be reentering the fray shortly.

[/subscribe]

[ Tumblr - IALS - DRAW Your Own Story - C3C Earth Map - Age of the Mongols - Cure Cancer - DeviantART - Bronies Australia ]
taillesskangaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2009, 07:40 PM   #9
Stylesrj
X-COM Rosalina

Stylesrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2009, 07:50 PM   #10
Angst

Good comic Stylesrj, but you should have cut a bit on the edges of the thumbleweed. It looks much better when it's a thumbleweed, not a square.
Old Aug 07, 2009, 07:58 PM   #11
Stylesrj
X-COM Rosalina

Thanks... I'll try to use the lasso tool more then.
Stylesrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2009, 09:32 PM   #12
CivGeneral
Succubi General

"Night was created for adults. You should go home kid!" - Morrigan Aensland | "Ultimately, I really make these comics to please myself. The rest of you are just along for the ride. If you try to please other people, then you'll never be happy with what you've done." - David Morgan Mar

Last edited by CivGeneral; Jun 24, 2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2009, 10:10 PM   #13
e350tb
Brit Patriot

I have a comic ready. It'll be up tonight or tommorrow.

AAR's watched:
The Sound of Drums HOII AAR: Medal of Dedication, “‘Postponed-due-to-leaves-in-the-air’ Battle of Britain” Award
e350tb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2009, 11:59 PM   #14
e350tb
Brit Patriot

Oh buggrit, beaten to it.

OK, this takes place before CivGeneral's comic. Any objections welcome.

AAR's watched:
The Sound of Drums HOII AAR: Medal of Dedication, “‘Postponed-due-to-leaves-in-the-air’ Battle of Britain” Award
e350tb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2009, 02:01 AM   #15
Thorvald of Lym
A Little Sketchy

The fight for Internet freedom has begun! DRAW Your Own Story: At Plot's End ...Or perhaps you would prefer the annotated version?
Double A: with his dying breath, the last of Tyo's fire wizards cursed [SonicTH's] games to be doomed to failure
The most important thread you will ever read on CFC.

Last edited by Thorvald of Lym; Feb 12, 2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old Aug 08, 2009, 02:03 AM   #16
Angst

edit: wrong thread

Last edited by Angst; Aug 08, 2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:03 PM   #17
Angst

Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:22 PM   #18
mythmonster2
BEC NOIR! RUN!

Small thing, we can sorta see through the guy in the last panel, but great comic, as always! Love how he's stuffing his bleeding hand into his back pocket in the last panel. I'll get around to making a comic of my own sometime, perhaps when the plot has a suitable time for me to drop in and join the guys.
Confederacy of American States in SKNES III. Harashabul Dwarves in LENES
mythmonster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:25 PM   #19
Angst

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
Small thing, we can sorta see through the guy in the last panel,
Intended Same goes for the first frame you see the girl. But thanks for noticing

Quote:
but great comic, as always! Love how he's stuffing his bleeding hand into his back pocket in the last panel. I'll get around to making a comic of my own sometime, perhaps when the plot has a suitable time for me to drop in and join the guys.
Thank you very much I like appreciation. And I can't wait to see your comic!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:29 PM   #20
CivGeneral
Succubi General

I sense a new character in Lord Joakim's hand (not in a litteral sense, but in a card game kind of way). I'm still working on my comic ATM. Now I have to figure out which model to use for your, normal self, within Garry's Mod .