PH18: We Hates You'se

pholkhero

Deviant Mind
Okay, so here's another game from in my little black book.

I thought we should play a team-type game.

Aggressive AI, Raging Barbs and 4 teams of 3 civs: Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa (sorry Ozzies ~ get it? ;) ) and each team would have their own continent, all accessible to each other.

We would play as America (b/c we all the whole world just LOVES pretending to be America :mischief: ).

Also, each team would be worldbuilder'ed to HATE all the others so that we're not locked into war, but the war should be the order of the day.

need a little input on difficulty (emperor?) and some civs.

right now, here's my list:
Americas: FDR (Ind/Org), Monty (Agg/Spi), and Pacal (exp/fin)
Europe: Liz (Fin/Phi), Biz Mar Kee (Ind/Exp), Alex (Agg/Phi)
Asia: QSH (Ind/Pro), Gandhi (Spi/Phi), WK (Pro/Fin)
Africa: Hatty (Spi/Ind), MM (fin/spi), Shaka (Agg/Exp)

all is open to updates for balancing (and of course, we can play any team)

oh, and I guess i need some other people too ~ Rex and anyone from NL01 who wants to come over will get preference, but come one, come all! :lol:

Roster
pholkhero
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN
(OPEN)

I'd love to join if you'll have me. I consider myself a Prince level player who has been learning tonnes from reading through SG's in the last few weeks.

Perhaps giving me max 10 turns at a time so that I don't mess thing up too badly ;)

We would play as America (b/c we all the whole world just LOVES pretending to be America :mischief: ).
all is open to updates for balancing (and of course, we can play any team)
Huh? It is so Pholky to be self-contradicting. :rolleyes:

I would join only if (1) we resign from NL01, and (2) you agree I start my turns after PH16 is over. I don't have the bandwidth I used to have nowadays to play in a lot of SG.

and may be a (3) if Rex joins ... but we all know that is not going to happen. He probably forgot how to play Civ, and I bet he doesn't even have BtS.

If you can take another SG with my crappy play, I like the team aspect.
:yup:

I'd love to join if you'll have me. I consider myself a Prince level player who has been learning tonnes from reading through SG's in the last few weeks.

Perhaps giving me max 10 turns at a time so that I don't mess thing up too badly ;)
of course....and don't worry about the turn lengths...i'll stick you before GreyFox ~ that'll whip you into shape :mischief:

Huh? It is so Pholky to be self-contradicting. :rolleyes:

I would join only if (1) we resign from NL01, and (2) you agree I start my turns after PH16 is over. I don't have the bandwidth I used to have nowadays to play in a lot of SG.

and may be a (3) if Rex joins ... but we all know that is not going to happen. He probably forgot how to play Civ, and I bet he doesn't even have BtS.
done and done. like i said, i'll finish NL01, and you can go at the end of the roster.

so we got
pholkhero
dragon
turd...er, fergie might be better
OPEN
OPEN
fox

and I think if rex plays at all, he may take a "guest" spot in the roster. but i am curious as to what the 3rd condition is now.

Mememememe too, if you'll have me! I'm a Monarch/Emperor player, played lots of the Noble's Club/Monarch Student/Immortal U games over on the Strategy forum, but no SG games before.

Not a signup....

Wasn't the quarrelplegic midgicant game played as Sitting Bull, so Rex must have BtS. Not that this means he'll play of course.

And shouldn't this be called We All Hates You's'all
quarrelplegic midgicants ~ now THAT was an SG idea :lol:

"You'se" is a very philly expression (also somewhat new york). that "we all" and "ya'll" kinda thing is very much from the south. to my ear, "we hates you'se" is much nicer. it was first called Royal Rumble, but i like this better :D

Mememememe too, if you'll have me! I'm a Monarch/Emperor player, played lots of the Noble's Club/Monarch Student/Immortal U games over on the Strategy forum, but no SG games before.
sure, welcome aboard...

we'll take one more, but i was wondering what the players so far thought about:

difficulty? I'm leaning towards emperor.
team balance? i tried to make them all viable

and re: team choice ~ of course i was being self-contradictory ~ that's how i'm able to keep my options open!

also, a thought occurs to me: should we play it as a hot-seat game so we can control our other two civs??

Yes, I own BtS. However, I'm unreliable. Fox would blow a(nother) gasket every time I was six days late posting. Sheesh :rolleyes:

And shouldn't this be called We All Hates You's'all

Isn't this a bit like me telling you how to write colloquially Australian because I watched Steve Irwin a few times?

Crikee!

Oh, and I think I could play so long as (1) Fox enumerates every last option we have throughout the game's entirety.

As if if I promise to be extra-patient and you would play :rolleyes: ... and anyone would blow if a report is 6 days late, even if the report is from Nantucket.

I would actually prefer to play as European.

As to hot-seat and difficulty ... let me clarify what that entails first. Would that mean that each Civ in our team would be treated as a human player (i.e. at Noble level)? Then the difficulty cannot be too high. Since for example, if we play emperor, it will be a team of 3 human (noble) Civ versus teams of 3 emperor players.

hot-seat would be too much i think. i tried it for about 15 turns and even in the opening game its tedious and cumbersome. i think we let them play as AIs.

i'm fine with europe as well. as i said, i tried to make them all balanced and playable.

finally, as fox usually DOES enumerate every last option (both before AND after someone's play ;) ), i guess you're in. cripes ~ you been on the boards all morning all ready, haven't you??

edit: this also means i'll roll up a start later so everyone else should chime in. I'm still leaning towards emperor since it won't be hotseat.

Lurk mode on again. My OLD PC can't handle all the extra units from aggresive AI in the late game.

So if we don't go down the hotseat route, then we play as just one of the teams, and tell the others in our team what to research and where to attack? Do we have any other form of control over the AIs on our team?

map is large, and other than research and cities to attack, that's it

BTW, is now a good time to mention that I haven't played Civ in over 2 years and that I might have trouble on tutorial difficulty?

Just imagining all the screw-ups Fox will get to rant about...

Top Bottom