HUI Series

Which Leader should i play for the first HUI game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shafi

King
Ok, here's the deal guys, since joining the forum i have quickly gone from Warlord to Monarch, now at Monarch, i am finding the going quite a bit tougher, i have won game and have another lined up for a win, but a whole heap of abandoned starts as well.

So i want to start playing a series of games that will help me improve and move on from Monarch. I will probably playing shorter turn sets than maybe the ALC's for example as i would want more advice, specially in the early game.

Writing up the updates and posting the pictures etc might also make it a bit more interesting to keep playing the game.

So hopefully this will help both me and others who just read the game threads or who play shadow games improve hence i will be calling it the "Help Us Improve" (HUI) series.

For my first game i would like to play one of the following leaders,

1) Alexander
2) Pacal
3) Gandhi

So i'm gonna include a poll here where you guys will be able to vote on which leader i should play.

Thanks
Shafi

EDIT - Heres a list of the completed games updated as i go along,

HUI Game # 1 - Pacal II - Monarch Difficulty - 1911 AD Space Win
HUI Game # 2 - Boudica - Monarch Difficulty - Game in Progress
HUI Game # 3 - Suleiman - Emperor Difficulty - 1806 AD Diplomation Win
HUI Game # 4 - Justinian - Emperor Difficulty - Game in Progress

I've been wanting to play Alexander myself on Monarch and have been looking for a game to shadow so there goes my vote.

Voted Pacal, It will be powerfull game, Universal interesting leader, which is good at everything, both rushing and teching, some soccer as well :D
Also dont like Alexander, and dont like Ghandi.

i cant make up my mind between Alex & Pacal, cant actually remember which one i voted for :D.

By the way anyone else who just moved to Monarch interested i can let you play game # 2, for the HUI series, as i dont know how long it will take for me to get through the entire list of leaders.

These are the list of leaders i am willing to give up at the moment(these are leaders i have won with since i started playing)

1) Bismarck
2) Elizabeth
3) Fredrick
4) Hatsheput
5) Huayna capac
6)Julius Ceasar
7) Kublai Khan
8) Mansa Musa
9) Montezuma
10) Pericles
11) Peter
12) Qin
13) Suryavarman
14) Victoria
15) Willem

Let me know.

Cheers
Shafi

But gandhi is also good. monarch+ needs the "worker economy" especially if you don't want to abuse slavery (I just can't take it). Fast workers are nice. Gandhi is philo and he starts with mining (lovely for Axe rush, if you don't have bronze, this may become pointless though).

As for between Alex and Pacal, I'd vote for Pacal.

I'd play Ghandi.

By the way, I think you'll find that playing in this format will improve your game VERY quickly, but you need to actually play your off line games with the level of detail you're going to put into this one. Good Luck! I'll be following along.

Gandhi is actually pretty good on paper at least in my opinion - Phi / Spi is a nice combo, also fast workers are great i think, maybe the UB is not that great, anyways i some how have always found him to be a bit of a bogey when i have played him in the past.

So anyways, i definitely would'nt mind playing him first up, let's see what the consesus is.

Ok, so i cant wait to get started, even though the poll is open till the 10th, i will be firing up the first game in about an hours time. Right now it looks like it might be Pacal by a whisker.

So whilst we progress along with game 1 of the HUI series, i would like to start deciding on the next leader we play, The choices are,

1) Boudica
2) Joao II
3) Gandhi

3 very strong leaders in my opinion, i am not a big fan of Boudica's UU + UB but i think the traits have good synergies with a heavy war mongering game. Joao II is probably the best Rexer in the game and a very useful UU + UB for a water based map, we could play him on a normal map and Rex heavily or play a more water based map and go after the GLH + Colosuss route. Gandhi, well i put him in there to balance things, i know he is considered a strong leader, but to be quite honest i am hopping you pick one of the other two. Having said that Phi is a great trait and Spi is ok but i wont be chasing any religions. The fast worker is very useful but the UB sucks in my opinion.

So people let me know what you think, the current game might take a few more weeks to end, so in the meantime lets figure out who we will play next.

Spi is better than OK. I vote for Gandhi. Since you're planning on playing shorter turn sets, you'll get the opportunity to swap civics more often due to being more careful with the micro.

I would like to see Joao II in action. Even though I love to put the hammer down on them AI:s i say enough of the war mongering and the cultural wins with Gandhi, lets see some rexing.

Joao II is my vote.

I like Brennus far better than Boudica :)
Joao would be fun.

Boudica -

Since the first leader in the series was FIN, it would be interesting to see a game with a leader who has neither economy traits nor a commerce enhancing UB.

I think Gandhi is better left until you are playing this series at Emperor+. The AI tech pace at monarch limits the value of bulbing / trading techs in a SE.

Hey Everyone, HUI game # 1 just completed, i'm planning on Starting game # 2 tomorrow, just wanted to remind you guys that the leader choices are,

1) Gandhi - 3 votes
2) Joao - 3 votes
3) Boudica - 1 vote

let me know who you think i should play for game # 2, this will be on Monarch as well.

Cheers
Shafi

Top Bottom