how to stop commando gunship?

Tecibbar

unliving
gunship upgrade from calvary can get commando. They can pillage border land, kill any worker attemping to work, and return to safety. There seem to be no stop to that.

Of course, AI will never have commando. I am just imaging a MP game.

SAM Infantry or Mobile SAMs.

And abuse the hell out of simultaneous turns + rails :lol:.

If going non-simultaneous, try cutting HIS lines with air power, nuke him, or just invade him. Command doesn't do much on defense.

Also, try not to allow situations like this if possible. This is a very, very late game situation.

destory roads near border.
GA culture bomb to force them back/fort or border millitary city to protect your own mounted unit

In my imaginary nightmare. Enemy base is on a forest hill fort right next to my border with 3 workers ready to build railroad, and of course stationed with a ton of defenders. Enemy gunships pillage my land and return to base, my sams can never reach them. My invading force lost all siege from flanking damage, and suffers from collatory damage. Nukes are banned. How could I wake up from that nightmare?

In my imaginary nightmare. Enemy base is on a forest hill fort right next to my border with 3 workers ready to build railroad, and of course stationed with a ton of defenders. Enemy gunships pillage my land and return to base, my sams can never reach them. My invading force lost all siege from flanking damage, and suffers from collatory damage. Nukes are banned. How could I wake up from that nightmare?

Wall up yourself, concede your couple border tiles, and then go raze all his coastal cities.

Or if it's really bothering you that much, do it back.

Exactly copying the enemy will at least bring mutual assured destruction in any game assuming comparable resources :3

To counter pillaging gunships just drop some SAMs on all important resources, guard your workers and attack their base. If you want something really strange you could pillage your own roads to limit their range. Good mindgames can also pretty much own any strategy game with a human opponent.

Destroy fort with fighters/bombers. Or spies (can't recall if spies can wreck forts :confused: )

Guard key improvements with SAM units. Or if the gunships are coming from a specific point, make a cordon of SAM units in a 2 tile radius around it.

If you've lost all your siege units and have no nukes and no level 6 units of your own to counter with, I'd say you need to reload your multiplayer game and make some different decisions 100 turns ago :mischief:

Thank your enemy for parking many expensive units in an exposed position and destroy them with collateral damage. Against commano gunships you should be able to get easy CRIII arty (built in your high xp unit pump cities) and tanks which nerf the fortress and the defenders. If you have workable air power, this is also an option.

Other goodies include breaking your own rail network, bribing another civ to join the fray (or just gift you some siege/air) or abusing the UN to end the war.

Really, losing all your siege to flanking, and particularly if you can't rebuild it is pretty much a recipe for losing the game, if the enemy hasn't sacrificed something (tech, land, etc.) for this advantage that you can exploit you will ultimately be screwed by an equal player.

Thank your enemy for parking many expensive units in an exposed position and destroy them with collateral damage. Against commano gunships you should be able to get easy CRIII arty (built in your high xp unit pump cities) and tanks which nerf the fortress and the defenders. If you have workable air power, this is also an option.

Other goodies include breaking your own rail network, bribing another civ to join the fray (or just gift you some siege/air) or abusing the UN to end the war.

125%(25hill, 50forest, 25fort, 25fortify) defense bonus + Drill IV requires at least 4 times as many attacker. I dont think you could pillage your own railroad.

Really, losing all your siege to flanking
That's happens a lot in mutiplayer. Especially since flanking2 gunship have 55%+ chance of doing flanking damage.

I would also suggest that you deprive your opponent of his Oil resource - no matter what it takes to do so. No oil = no gunships (And a couple of other annoying units as well).
He could just rebuild the well in the same turn.

Guard key improvements with SAM units. Or if the gunships are coming from a specific point, make a cordon of SAM units in a 2 tile radius around it.
He has some commando tank/infantry too.

Why is it that Gunships can USE roads? They're helicopters!

Need to refill gas in highway gas station ;)

Top Bottom