Victorian Gentleman (31/12/09)

Thanks for the comments, but Ozy, I've removed that link since the video was put up by what appears to be a vocal BNP supporter (as, indeed, most things involving the Union flag seem to be these days) and I'd rather not increase traffic to his page...

Love it! :goodjob:

Great Stuff My Good Sir. Into the Steampunk scenario this will jolly well go.

Excellent unit Plotinus :goodjob: BTW what props did you use as clothes for the paperdoll? That coat is really interesting...

EDIT: I think I've seen somewhere... is it the Surcoat by Utahjazz? I would never have thought of using it this way :eek: Cool... it gives me ideas...

I thought you might have a use for him. I wanted to start making good on my dim and distant promise to make some units for that scenario.

Excellent unit Plotinus :goodjob: BTW what props did you use as clothes for the paperdoll? That coat is really interesting...

EDIT: I think I've seen somewhere... is it the Surcoat by Utahjazz? I would never have thought of using it this way :eek: Cool... it gives me ideas...

No. In fact I used a complete, ready-clothed figure (Scrooge by PhilC) because I thought it would be easier to do the coat that way - I couldn't find one that would suit the Paperdoll and have the look I wanted. I replaced the figure's head and hands to make it look like the Paperdoll, and resized and reproportioned it, to ensure it would fit in with all the other units. (It still looks really tall but that is just an illusion caused by the hat.)

You ain't just whistling Rule Britannia! Thanks Plotinus! What a wonderful Christmas/New Year's gift! In fact, it's already the New Year across the pond, so Happy New Year!

Edit:

I thought you might have a use for him. I wanted to start making good on my dim and distant promise to make some units for that scenario.

Indeed; well then, while you've got this on your desktop, I could suggest some customizations to it that would help us fill some special units needs:

1. Sherlock Holmes - I could imagine an M-unit using Kinboat's Sherlock as Watson. Probably uses only ranged attack.
2. Jack the Ripper - a darker, slashing version of this guy.
3. The Invisible Man - this guy with bowler hat, "disappears" (turns to shadow) to fortify, attack - might fade in & out in fidget.
4. Dr. Caligari - late-century mesmerist, uses magical (hypnotic) attack

Yes, he gets taller during the Death. I spent most of a day trying to work out why, and designing alternative Death animations to get around the problem, but I couldn't work it out or find a way around it so eventually I left it as it was, on the grounds that it's not much of an elongation and it doesn't show much (it's the Death, after all). It's something to do with my reproportioning of the figure but I can't work out why it deforms in that animation and none of the others. It's just Poser being weird - I thought I had learned all the weirdness, but apparently not, or I've forgotten some since last time.

Balthasar - this would have been an Invisible Man if I'd been able to find a bowler hat prop. As it is, some of these are on the list. I hope to be able to do at least a couple of units for you while I have time on my hands at the moment.

Excellent unit as always ... and useful for some of my mods. :goodjob:

I really miss new units from Plotinus, but I`m happy with his help on animations. :p

I say, jolly good show, that man!

As a dyed in the wool steampunker, that just made my day!

Thank you for your answer. I'll look at PhilC's site and try to make something useful of his freestuff. Once again you did a great job even with the "elongating death" stuff.

Top Bottom