Victorian Gentleman (31/12/09)

I had suspected it was a problem with the original model. I agree that it will be minimally noticable since the death appears so briefly.

On the gripping hand, I realize that I missed congratulating you on the excellent attack animations.

Looks excellent as always, Plotinus. Very well animated!:goodjob::)

Very cool, very Sherlock Holmes!

Very good to hear you`re back to Unit creation. That you are able to make costumized animations is a guarantee for superb units with brand new anims. I like all of your work. Top stuff !

I realised that the problem was that Poser doesn't rotate scaling when the object is rotated. In this case, I had made the figure shorter on the Y axis and longer on the Z axis. So when he is standing up he is shorter from head to toe (the Y axis) and fatter from stomach to back (the Z axis). But when he falls over, the scaling doesn't rotate back with him, which means that he is now longer from head to toe (the Z axis) and thinner from stomach to back (the Y axis). I solved it by simply animating the scaling as he falls, so that by the time he's fallen over the Y axis is scaled the way that the Z axis was, and vice versa. Not ideal, but in an animation like that perfectly acceptable, I think.

It actually took longer to type that than it did to implement this solution after it had occurred to me what the problem must be.

Top Bottom