Fantasy Unit Conversions from Kohan II

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
If you want to learn how these conversions are done, I have created a tutorial thread.

Previously I converted these Scorpions from Kohan II. There are many other units in the game, and since there is always an appetite for fantasy units I thought I'd convert another one.

So here is Abaddon, the big bad boss of Kohan II. He's basically some kind of shadow demon with four tentacles on his back that thrash around the whole time.

A few points:
1. The pack includes a melee attack effect and a death effect (the glowing light thing) plus a few sound effects. I've also included a couple of other effects NIFs that I'm not using (AbaddonDevastateEffect.nif and AbaddonBirthEffect.nif) in case people want to use them for spells.
2. The long list of texture files is mostly used by the effects, the model itself only uses a couple of them.
3. If someone wants to reskin this unit then you'll probably want to adjust the material colours using NifSkope - it is set to very dark to create the shadow feel. In fact, you may want to tweak them even if you want to use the existing texture.

Let me know if anyone has any issues.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> DOWNLOAD ABADDON HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<

------------------------------

Update 13th February 2010

The Maar Nasai unit has now been converted:

1. I have included a green skin as well as the original blue one.
2. Suggested XML settings are included.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> DOWNLOAD MAAR NASAI HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<

------------------------------

Update 27th February 2010

Drakes Pack now uploaded, featuring Storm Drake, Fire Drake, Black Drake and White Drake.

1. Each Drake has its own breath effect, Storm Drake:Lightning Breath, Fire Drake:Fire Breath, Black Drake:Acid/Poison Breath, White Drake:Frost Breath.
2. Sound effects are included.

Suggested XML settings are included.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> DOWNLOAD DRAKES PACK HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<

--------------------

Update 15th March 2010

Golshan unit now uploaded to the database. I think she has ported over pretty nicely. The unit has an attachable magic fire effect on both hands - I was going to switch this on and off when she attacked but I decided it looked good playing all the time.

Suggested XML settings included.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> DOWNLOAD GOLSHAN HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<

--------------------------

Without promising anything in terms of timeframes, I would like to convert some more Kohan II units. Here are a few that caught my eye:

There is a longer list of available units here.

The complete set of original unconverted Kohan II units can be downloaded here. You can use NifSkope to view them.

If people are interested I can write a tutorial describing the process of the conversion, and perhaps we can get more units converted quicker.

Attachments

• abaddon.jpg
    abaddon.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 6,715
  • kohan_ii_units_1.jpg
    kohan_ii_units_1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 5,670
  • black_and_white_drakes.jpg
    black_and_white_drakes.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 3,965
  • fire_drake_texture.jpg
    fire_drake_texture.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 3,920
  • golshan2.jpg
    golshan2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 4,355
Hip hip hurray! Hip hip hurray!

I think Abaddon is great for Meshabber of Dis. Or at least, in my personal modmod, he will be the Meshabber of Dis.

Thank you, thank you. More please :D

These look pretty cool. If it isn't so rude, may I request maybe that you put up some more, er, "human-like" units in the future? :D

@The Capo: The terrain is the standard Fall from Heaven II terrain. I you want to use it just download the mod.

Question for you... Do you convert animations from Kohan as well, or just models? Because the Maar Nasai looks like it would have an animation that we could use for a certain Kuriotate Arcane unit..... :lol:

Edit: As I forgot to say it: Very nice! Will likely be using the unit, and any others you convert. :goodjob:

Question for you... Do you convert animations from Kohan as well, or just models? Because the Maar Nasai looks like it would have an animation that we could use for a certain Kuriotate Arcane unit..... :lol:

:eek: You are right, Valk! The Maar Nasai could solve our Lamian Problem nicely!

So, please convert the Maar Nasai next? :worship:

Both the models and animations are ported - so the potential is definitely there to rig other units to these skeletons/animations.

If I focus on just the meshes and animations without worrying about sound and effects then I can convert a unit relatively quickly. I can then release a sound and effects version later.

I'll do Maar Nasai next. Obviously, it has archery animations but there may be some melee ones too...

Great :)
Awesome :)

I second the Maar Nasai request. But if you feel like doing another unit, May I ask you to do Juggernaut? I need such art for a long time... I guess Valkrionn knows why ;)

My personal preferences are:
1. Juggernaut
2. Juggernaut
3. Maar nasai
4. Storm drake
5 Golshan
6. Jotun & ifrit - good for ice & fire elementals for FfH, but not vital
7. Gauri leader - no idea how to use it for now.

But that are just my preferences, do as you wish, I will use anything... :)

Speaking of which...
There is a certain unit in Dawn of War I would love to have converted to Civ IV engine.
I do not know who converted Bloodletter to serve as Hyborem in FfH but that is certainly doable - unfortunatelly, I do not know how to do it, as there are some units I could use.
I own a copy of the game so can provide the files if you decide to do it one day...

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks and that it is great but ended making requests... sorry, it is simply great you decided to convert these :)

Oh, hello :evil:

So, any ETA for Maar Nasai? :hopeful:

Opening post now updated with the Maar Nasai unit. :D

Spoiler :

I'll try PM-ing Kael to see if he has the Lamia files, unless anyone else has them...

I think I'll do the Storm Drake next, then Golshan.

Edit: I can at some stage make an archer version of the Maar Nasai since it also has bow and arrow ranged animations.

Top Bottom