New Unit : Japanese Typ 90 Tank

Boulboulgadol

Gadol as my tanks barrels
Here it is !

This is a BASIC version. I have to add the Fortify/Fidget anims, and some sounds that really fit the animations.
Check this thread or the Units Uptades Announcements thread for updates.

I made basic animations. Original ones are wayyy too long to do. Making units takes so much time, I have to save some somewhere. I prefer now to make several simple (but very playable :)) units than just 1 or 2 complicated (like the Leclerc).

I tryed to make realistic anims in game. When you move them on civ3, the unit scrolling plays its share of the global render, so I tooke this under consideration. That means the run anim doesn't look good on the preview but is ok on the game.

DOWNLOAD

Here is the preview :

Looks very very good i will add it to my mod, are you making a tank to every civ? Becorse you are the best tank animater here in civfanatics.:goodjob: :goodjob:

A tank for every civ?

I don't think that's what he's doing,... but if so, feel free to
run with smoking-mirror's marvelous idea in making a what-if
Aztec tank. Cos, you got maaaaad skills man :D

I love the attack flc, where it rolls back - tres cool :goodjob:

Thanks you all for your comments !

Well, I didn't know about the "what if" thing, but why not !

Till today, I only make real tanks, and there's some more to make in that way with existing civs (China, India etc...)

But a what if tank could be fun !

Woooweeee, Boulboulgadol you have made my day. I have always wanted a modern tank for the Japanese. I think thats just abour everyone in my game with their own tanks now. Thank you very very much.
:goodjob:

Great unit again.
Before "what if" will you make T-72?
After all 50 000 produced!!!

your tank is excellent as always, I especially liked your kha-go tank, I'm using it as an early mech infantry. If your going to make a tank for every civ I wonder what the Iroqious will get? :crazyeye:

Boulboulgadol,

Let me add my two cents by saying this is another EXCELLENT unit.:goodjob:

Historicaly... designs were made from 1976 in Japan (with German assistance- as one can clearly see: looks like the Leo2's big bro)...

... it was accepted for service in 1990. The Type 90, equipped with 120mm gun, is a first-class tank that is equal to any tank made by leading nations of the world. The tank is equipped with a the same Rheinmetall 120-mm tank gun as the the German Leopard.

The Type 90 tank carries a smoothbore barrel rather than a rifled barrel, and ammunition includes armor-piercing projectiles, antitank howitzer shells, and adhesive [high explosive plastic (HEP)] howitzer shells.

The Type 90 weighs 50 gross tons, is powered by a 1,500-horsepower engine, and has a 30-horsepower-per-ton power-to-weight ratio. With the exception of the turretless Swedish Stridsvagn (S-type) tank and various Russian models, the Type 90 tank is the first tank to achieve manpower savings by reducing the crew to three through the development of an ammunition autoloader.

Innovative technology includes a laser and thermal-guided gun and turret controls. The automatic target tracking system using a thermal image display is controlled through a tank commander's targeting periscope attached to the top of the turret in an independently rotatable mode. Night-vision range finders are integrated into fire control systems (FCS) and night vision thermal imaging systems of a passive type use the infrared rays emitted from the opposing target to provide a substantial improvement in visible range. These features enable the tank to achieve high-precision, mobile firing, and enhanced the tanks capabilities to respond rapidly to multiple targets. Proprietary technology was used on the composite armor, including steel and ceramics with superior projectile-resistant qualities.

Tis sweet comrade, sweet indeed. I like the attack clip, nice how it goes back a lil. And also the death animation's good, the lil hop tis interesting and I like. The model itself looks pretty nice, clean yet detailed.

TANK ASSESSMENT SURVEY !!!

Contains interesting information on the World's leading MBTs in use/development, featuring the Leopard 2A6, M1A2 Abrams, Leclerc, Challenger 2, Type 90 (Jap.), Type 80/90 (PRC/RNK), T-80UM, T-90, T-72 and Merkava III (sorry, no IV)

Follow me !!! (to this Acrobat File)

That Tank Assessment Survey is no good.
Their text about the Merkava III was very sloppy.
There is an article in Armor Magazine explaining why.
Look for something called "Merkava Mk. 3 Defies it's Critics".

Originally posted by IceBlaZe
That Tank Assessment Survey is no good.
Their text about the Merkava III was very sloppy.
There is an article in Armor Magazine explaining why.
Look for something called "Merkava Mk. 3 Defies it's Critics".

Uhm, I thought I would get some critique here (I just posted it because it gave a gross overview to most modern MBTs- it is not actually very detailed or up to date (1999 anyways)) I know the Merkava is an excellent tank :)

And the MK IV is way better than the III !
I knew the Leopard 2 and the Typ90 are a bit similar, but I figured it would still be nice to see the differences between them, and made by two different people.
I love the Kinboat's Leopard 2 and I permamently included it in my games, but they are not made from same mussel (french expression) at all.

Yup, they merely share similar origins, from a time at which the US, and both Germany and Japan were looking for a new concept in defense/offense tank warfare. Actually the first designs and conceptualisation of M1 and the Leo 2 share more technological similarities that there are between Type 90 and Leo 2....

Hey Boulboulgadol,

great unit and great idea for a tank for every civ! I have some cool pictures of Indian Tanks, if you ever need them, gimme a shout :)

I cant for you to do that one :D .... me is a big Indian civ enthusiast you know :)

Top Bottom