Celtic Fury

Sparthage

Fighting Tyranny
Welcome to Celtic Fury. If you want to go directly to a certain chapter follow the Table of Contents...
Spoiler :

About last Christmas I began playing games with 31 civilizations. Before this I played huge maps on Monarch, but after one 31 civ game on Monarch I figured that it was too challenging for my amateur level of play. So, you can expect this game to be a challenge for me personally. Anyways, to the game!

Map: A 100 x 100 map of the Earth.
Civilization: Celts
Difficulty: Regent (Maximum Aggression :mwaha:)
Victory Conditions: Conquest, Domination (99% for both)*, Cultural (City=50,000; Civilization 500,000)*, Space Race
Settings: Accelerated Production, Scientific Leaders ON

*- The reason for Domination and Cultural are that I always want this information but I almost never play for domination or culture.

Chapter I: The Beginning​

4000 BC- I receive a West African starting position. It looks promising in terms of terrain and thus Entremont is built. A problem that I may encounter later on is the Sahara to the north and probable enemies to the north and south. My scientists need direction and I begin Bronze Working, which will be followed by Iron Working for those useful Gallic Swordsmen :mischief:.

3500 BC- Entremont completes its barracks and begins producing my first settler.

3450 BC- My sages complete their discovery of Bronze Working and begin unraveling the secrets of Iron.

3100 BC- Alesia is built just south of the Sahara Desert.

3000 BC- Lord McCauley completes a history of the world for science. I’m not on the list :( but I don’t especially care only a few turns into the game.

2800 BC- I meet Gandhi, he’s already annoyed with me, and rudely calls my people backwards [ @#!*% ] even though he’s ahead of us by only three technologies.

2710 BC- My prophets discover Iron Working and begin looking into Masonry. I then press enter and check if I have any iron… and I do, right next to Entremont. I also switch Entremont from a spearman to a Gallic Swordsman.

2590 BC- Lugdunum is built on the shores of Lake Chad. With that expansion I also meet the Egyptians. As with the Indians, I am “backward”. However, Cleopatra doesn’t have Iron Working. Will I trade it to them? No, of course not, why would I do THAT. My spearmen that met the rude Gandhi, also meets some Japanese. They too are ahead of me in the technology tree, but they DO have Iron Working :(.

IBT- The Aztecs begin working on the pyramids, this is the first wonder pop-up I’ve received and I’m starting too be nervous about my technological advances.

2470 BC- Entremont completes my first Gallic Swordsman. I immediately send him north to scare some nosy Egyptian warriors who are nearing one of my cities.

IBT- The Egyptian warrior band flees for their lives at the sight of crazed Celts with big swords :lol:. In other words, the warrior leaves my territory.

2390 BC- My mystics discover how to build walls. I tell them they need to learn their ABC’s (Admittedly, I wouldn’t actually tell them that, because the ABC’s haven’t been invented yet). Fortunately, I’m able to take advantage of the discovery of walls because the Japanese don’t know how to build them. I gladly teach them but they have to give my scientists something too. My scientists learn that it’s possible to kill people, not just animals, with an arrow. Meanwhile, the people of Entremont stop building a granary and begin on the Pyramids. (One thing I’ve always wondered: How does a pyramid help with food storage? :confused:)

2310 BC- While peacefully strolling through Japan, my spearman spots something in the distance…an iron mine! It’s unconnected, but probably not for long. It seems as though I may have to worry about Samurai later on in the game.

2110 BC- Camulundum settled near an Egyptian warrior-settler pair. It’s right on the Nile River and will be a perfect staging point for an invasion.

2070 BC- My scientists return after a 320 year absence and begin singing about the ABC’s. After beheading the leader of the singers I tell them that they need to catch up to the cavemen and make a wheel.

1990 BC- Toynbee reports that he has written a history of the world in regards to power. We are puny. I think that’s a good thing seeing as we only have: 3 Gallic Swordsmen, 2 Spearmen, and a warrior. Only 2010 :D years into the game and I already have a first, I’m proud to be puny :lol:. (Also, Carthage is the most powerful. Way to go second half of my name!)

1950 BC- My sages return to tell me they’ve matched the Neanderthals and “discovered” the wheel. I respond by telling them that they’re ready for big boy problems and can research their I, II, III’s. (The reason that I didn’t say 1, 2, 3’s was because the 1, 2, 3’s were invented by the Indians, who are still annoyed with me.)

1650 BC- My mathematicians discover mathematics, as well as how to throw big rocks at people. It tell them that they need to learn to write things down, that way it won’t take them several hundred years to figure things out. They tell me they can’t write, so I tell them to teach themselves.

1600 BC- After the construction of Verulamium I meet the Iroquois (the second most powerful civ 350 years ago). They too follow the age old tradition of calling me backwards :rolleyes:.

1550 BC- I get a gut feeling that something bad is going to happen soon, and so I change Entremont from the Pyramids to the Statue of Zeus.

IBT- The Aztecs complete the Pyramids.

1450 BC- First, my scientists returned saying, “We have learned to write, now let’s go write letters to other civilizations.” I tell them to write books (literature), not letters (embassies). Then, a military officer came up to the palace riding in a wagon that was being drawn behind a strange beast. I ask him what it is. “It’s a horse,” he says, “we can ride in chariots drawn behind them.”
I asked him, “What’s a chariot?”
It’s the wagon thing,” he replied.
“Okay, but they look worthless,” I said.

1425 BC- The Statue of Zeus is completed in Entrremont. I will be renaming the Ancient Cavalry to Gallic Heavy Cavalry.

1350 BC- For 100 years the people of Entremont had been going to the Statue of Zeus to worship. But some local nobles believed that Zeus should be worshipped in other civilizations too. They, being a militaristic society, believed that the only way to do this was through force. After the regular training of the Gallic Swordsmen, the nobles would go down to the city barracks and teach them how to fight from a horse. For years they did this until one day they discovered a very talented group and requested that they be transferred to a separate division. Their request was granted and, after another year of training, were blessed by the High Priest and sent out to teach their enemies of Zeus :hammer:.

1200 BC- Again, my scientists entered my throne room. This time they said they had written books. I however thought that they needed maps in them to explain things better. They replied, “How can we do that?” I told them to figure it out themselves and once again, confused scientists left the palace.

1050 BC- Cleopatra strolled into my palace once again to gloat about how she thought we were “backwards.” But this time she came in new clothes. They were very different and elaborate. I asked her what they were and she simply replied, “They’re the height of fashion.” :rolleyes: After gloating about what technology I didn’t have, she left. As soon as she was gone, I checked on the other leaders. Only Tokugawa did not have these new clothes. I then traded for his scientists’ information on maps and mysticism. My scientists were extremely disappointed that they didn’t “discover” mapmaking, which they had been working on for 50 years. I told them to begin compiling the world’s knowledge into a single Great Library. The task of building this library fell to the people of Entremont, whose ancestors had worked on the Pyramids and the Statue of Zeus.

IBT- Cleopatra fortifies a warrior next to Richborough. This seems like war bait to me, and I won’t take it, YET :mwaha:.

I have a decent sized stack of troops near the Nile river border and a smaller stack in Richborough. In a few turns I will be capable of launching a multi-front war against the Egyptians. Also, I see no iron or swordsmen in Egypt, so I am assuming that they don’t have it. Advice regarding the game or my storytelling would be appreciated. :thanx: Also, a world map has been attached...

-Sparthage

Attachments

• First Contact India.JPG
    First Contact India.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 961
  • 1st Gallic Swordsman.JPG
    1st Gallic Swordsman.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,753
  • Ancient Power.JPG
    Ancient Power.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 3,652
  • SoZ Completed.JPG
    SoZ Completed.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 3,750
  • 1st Ancient Cav.JPG
    1st Ancient Cav.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 3,645
  • My aggravators 1.JPG
    My aggravators 1.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 3,639
  • World Map.JPG
    World Map.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 3,763
Good story so far...

First of all, You can embed the images by using [ IMG]Image URL Here[ /IMG] and just copy and pasting your IMAGE URL from your attachments, like this:

Also, being #5 out of 31 in power isn't that bad... especially since you have the unfair advantage of actually having a brain. (Trust me, once you know a few tricks, you can run circles around the Artificial Stupidity...)

Finally, your best bet for posting images would be to set up a Photobucket account, since a long story can easily eat up your Attachment space....

Just a quick note - I plan to follow your story...after you learn to make paragraph breaks. Solid blocks of text are just too difficult for me to even attempt to read.:twitch:

Thanks for the advice you two. I've added the pictures to the story (I thought that the external links pictures were for non-CFC sources), and the paragraph breaks have been made. Also, in response to your statement about #5 in power. Normally I play games with 12-16 civs, in that I wouldn't be very happy by my being in the top half. But on a map with 31 civs, I AM happy. That's why it's unusual for me.

Thank you and I am looking forward to your story.

It's going well so far

Excellent start. I agree that even making it onto the top 10 list so early in a game with 30 opponents is pretty tough to do.

One thing I’ve always wondered: How does a pyramid help with food storage?

That's a stretch, to be sure. But you main remember from the story of Joseph and his coat of many colors from Sunday School that Egypt was always a grain making powerhouse, with a particular focus on the storage of grains. Until the Black Death plague of the 1300s (which hit Egypt harder than any other country in the world) Egypt always had the most people in and still managed to be a net exporter for whatever empire had most recently conquered it, Greek, Roman, or Muslim.

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/josentrance.jpg

Grain storage bins were built along with the pyramids and were necessarily so because of the immense quantity of manpower needed to finish the project. This allowed the pharaohs to pull much of the empire's workforce away from their farms right after a strong harvest and keep them fed and working for a few years. This is what they look like up close...

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/joseph-bin2.jpg

Don't take that Bible passage too literally, however. They weren't putting an actual cob of corn in the Pharaoh's head!

Since they didn't have elevators, they had to dig an even deeper pit to make a space

where you could get the grain out.

According to Genisis 41, they built basement/silos like this in every city of Egypt.

"Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, and take up the fifth part of the land of Egypt in the seven plenteous years. 35 And let them gather all the food of those good years that come, and lay up corn under the hand of Pharaoh, and let them keep food in the cities."

So the abilities of the wonder is in part a literary allusion. Kind of like how a big ivory statue of Zeus somehow magically spits out huge Clydesdale-mounted cavalry. Shouldn't it give you elephant cavalry instead?

I know the story of Joseph quite well and it's the only possible explanation that I could think of for the mega granaries. Also, I'd LOVE elephant cavalry, but that's not the game.

But that aside, I've played the second part of the game. Here's a clue about what happened:
Spoiler :
We're at war with Egypt. :egypt: vs. :viking:

Try to figure out which of these are true:

A) We were overrun by Egyptian Medieval Infantry
B) We wiped the Egyptians off the face of the Earth in 3 turns
C) We took over the Egyptian homeland but they might have a settler on a boat.
D) The Iroquois interfered and we were destroyed
E) We saw some serious :spear: and lost our entire military
F) Cleopatra made an expensive :commerce: :science: peace deal after nearly being destroyed.

You can expect the next update in a couple of days (it took me two days to write and post the last one).

Also, I'd LOVE elephant cavalry, but that's not the game.

But it can be, if you go into the customization screen first and change what unit the Statue produces. For that matter, you could mod the Great Library to autogenerate stealth bombers.

I do have one mod I keep in my files for rainy days. It's called TurboPersians.biq and it's just a regular game, except the immortals have a three movement with blitz abilities, hit at 6 and defend at 4, and only cost I think ~20 shields. There are days I don't want to earn my victories; I just want to kill. :king:

I'd be a liar if I said I didn't have a game like that. Playing as Sparthage (A renamed Carthage) I play against a Sid-level AI. The difference is that the AI starts on a tiny continent and I start on my own continent, fully colonized, in the modern age with a already decent sized military. It's way too easy, I just bomb their cities into oblivion :mwaha:.

looks good :goodjob:

(subscribes [kinda late]) :lol:

You're always welcome Gamezrule.

I'm almost finished with the next story segment, it should be out tonight or early tomorrow.

i am going to guess:

F) Cleopatra made an expensive peace deal after nearly being destroyed. :D

Signing in. Your game looks interesting.

I've always been a fan of making my neighbors believe in Zeus. Good job on the Pyramid Pre-build. I usually try to do that.

The pyramid wasn't actually supposed to be a prebuild, but it worked out fine for me.

Also, I'm sorry about this but the update might have to be pushed back another day or so because of my sister's birthday tomorrow.

The pyramid wasn't actually supposed to be a prebuild, but it worked out fine for me.

Also, I'm sorry about this but the update might have to be pushed back another day or so because of my sister's birthday tomorrow.

Tell her i said :bday:

:goodjob:

When we last left the glorious Celtic people they were being threatened by technological decay. But there is hope. The powerful Celt armies were preparing for war with the advanced, but weak, Egyptians.

Chapter II: The First Celtic-Egyptian War
1025 BC- Remember that warrior by Richborough? Well, I demanded to Cleopatra that they leave my territory or declare war. Unfortunately, she doesn’t declare so I guess that I’ll have to go to war the old fashioned way. On a positive not, this delay will allow for more of my troops to get within striking range of the border.

950 BC- Map making is discovered, mysticism is next. I weigh the pros and cons of building a navy at this time. The pros include: a defense against possible Egyptian counterstrikes one the war begins, meeting new civilizations, and boldly going where no Celt has gone before. But the cons are much stronger: I’m already in treasury support for my military; combat is too random for “combat” galleys, and to reach the new civilizations I would annoy most of the civilizations I’d meet. So, no navy for me yet.

900 BC- The Iroquois finish the Great Library; I was very close to a free technology spree. The shields from the project are wasted on a harbor, my first.

825 BC- All of my forces are in place, so I decide that it’s time for war with Egypt. To declare war I move to the peace renegotiation screen. Unsurprisingly Cleo refuses to give me several ancient age technologies. My military advisor asks for a declaration of war, I comply gladly. The First Celtic-Egyptian War is on.

Immediately two separate Celtic Armies storm the Egyptian borders, the 1st Celtic Army (2 Heavy Cavalry divisions and 6 Gallic Swordsmen divisions) crosses the Nile River to the gates of Memphis, and the 2nd Celtic Army (2 Heavy Cavalry divisions, 1 Chariot division, and 3 Gallic Swordsmen divisions) to the gates of Heliopolis. Combat ensues first around the city of Heliopolis when an Egyptian warrior band scatters before a force of Gallic Heavy Cavalry, and then escalates as Gallic Swordsmen slaughter a division of spearmen defending Heliopolis. This victory causes morale to shoot through the skies back in the Celtic homeland, and a so-called Golden Age begins.

Further combat takes place in Memphis when the garrison at Memphis is butchered on the blades of Gallic Heavy Cavalrymen.

Back in Heliopolis the situation was dire for the Egyptians, a group of young workers had been captured some miles from the city and only one spearman division remained to defend the city from the barbaric Celts. A group of Gallic Swordsmen charged into the battle, determined to take the city. The spearmen fought bravely but were ultimately defeated. With the city under the control of the Celts, to prevent further deaths the governor surrendered, Heliopolis was Celtic.

When Gandhi heard about the war between the war between the Celts and Egyptians, he was shocked. “Why would they be fighting?” he wondered. But then he heard from his servant that there was a party of Celts at his palace door. “Let them come in.” he said.

The Celts entered the room and, surprisingly, Brennus was among them.

“I have come to renegotiate peace with you,” Brennus said, “as long as you are willing to give me: Mysticism, Horseback Riding, Currency, and twenty-three gold.”

Gandhi hastily agreed, and the Celts left. “That was too close.” Gandhi thought, as he sat down for his next meeting.

IBT- Surprisingly, I receive no attacks from the Egyptians. They must not have any archers, warriors, swordsmen, medieval infantry, or war chariots. Clearly, the Egyptians were not ready for any war at all. This can be used to my advantage.

800 BC- With Memphis under its control the 1st Army marched on Thebes arriving just outside the city and set up the lines.

775 BC- For fifty years the Celts and Egyptians had bloodied the sands of North Africa, but now the battle was on the fertile land surrounding Thebes.

All was quiet in Thebes. When from the Celtic camp, there came the noise of a thousand horsemen. A group of 600 spearmen rushed out of the city’s training ground for the plains and awaited their enemy there.

The first that the Egyptian spearmen saw of the Celts was a large dust cloud rising from the desert. As it moved nearer and nearer they could make out fast-moving glints of iron weapons. The fact that they were moving fast meant nothing to them as it was rumored that the Gallic Swordsmen could run as fast as a horse. But then the Celtic forces left the veil of the dust cloud lifted and the banner of the 3rd Gallic Heavy Cavalry became visible.

When the Celts were 100 meters from their lines, the Egyptians locked their shields and lowered their spears. The initial contact between the Celts and Egyptians caused heavy losses to the horsemen, who were tossed from their horses as pears impacted their fronts. However the Egyptian line was broken and two-thirds of them were killed. The Egyptians then regrouped into a 200-person phalanx and began raining spears and javelins on the Gallic Heavy Cavalrymen. Eventually, all of the Celts were dead and the spearmen withdrew to Thebes.

Only a couple of hours after the defeat of the 3rd Heavy Cavalry Division, Celtic forces were, again, attacking Thebes. Another division of 600 spearmen left Thebes and again set up on the plains outside of the city. Once again a cloud of dust was seen as the Celts approached the lines of the Egyptian spearmen. Soon the Celts were in view, this time instead of Heavy Cavalry, there were Gallic Swordsmen. The swordsmen’s war cries unsettled the Egyptians and when the two lines collided two-hundred of the spearmen were quickly butchered. However, the spearmen were able to regroup, and within the hour eight-hundred Celts lay dead.

Over the next week 5,000 Gallic Swordsmen charged against Thebes, which was defended by 2,200 spearmen. The Celts suffered extremely heavy losses while only 1,000 spearmen were killed. Their forces exhausted, the Celts sent for reinforcements but they wouldn’t arrive in time to attack that season.

Eventually the Celtic reinforcements, 1,000 Heavy Cavalry and 4,000 Gallic Swordsmen, arrived. They set up camp to the south and southwest of the city and awaited Egyptian attacks. When none came, they were surprised. Because of the lack of arrows the Celts knew that the Egyptians had no archers, but the rumors of war chariots were false. The wonder of why the Egyptians would not use such a unique unit swept through the ranks.

750 BC- After twenty-five years of terrorizing the Egyptians so that none were near their camps the Celts finally attacked Thebes again. Eight-hundred Egyptian spearmen were sent to defend against the similar number of Gallic Swordsmen who were attacking. The battle was a slaughter; the Celts could not penetrate the Egyptian lines. They fought bravely, but eventually they were all killed on the spears of the Egyptians. The Celtic commanders were enraged. Before the Egyptians could withdraw, the 4th Heavy Cavalry division and its 1,000 soldiers swept down among the Egyptians spearmen and quickly killed 400 of the veterans. The Egyptians reformed into a phalanx and were able to kill 800 of the Heavy Cavalry before they too were crushed by the horsemen.

The Egyptians sent six-hundred spearmen to reinforce their veterans and defeat the remaining Heavy Cavalry, but they were met by the 2nd Heavy Cavalry that was operating at 80% strength. They clashed in a storm of iron and bronze. Half of the horsemen were knocked off their horses and killed, but 400 spearmen were gutted by the Celts’ iron swords. As the remaining couple hundred spearmen fled, they were cut to pieces by the Heavy Cavalrymen.

Another division of Egyptian spearmen marched out of Thebes. Only ten minutes after leaving the city they were ambushed by a group of Gallic Swordsmen who were later identified as the 9th Gallic Swordsmen division. The spearmen, after losing about 200 men, were able to defend against the 800 enemy swordsmen. After the fight, the 400 remaining spearmen marched back to the city.

A couple of days later the Egyptian commanders, determined to win a decisive battle, sent a force of 600 spearmen to lure the Celts into a trap. But before they could reach their destination they were attacked by 800 Gallic Swordsmen. The battle was pitched but eventually the Egyptians were defeated, the Celts, having lost only 400 men, marched back to camp.

The number of forces that the Celtic commanders could use was running low. Only two divisions remained to attack, the 1st and 7th Gallic Swordsmen divisions. The order was given for the 1st Gallic Swordsmen to march on Thebes. In Thebes the situation was dire, a unit of spearmen that had been in combat only a few days before was ordered to the front line. The 1st Gallic Swordsmen swept down upon the Egyptians like a wave of locusts, the Egyptians were slaughtered. In the battle the Celts only lost a handful of men, showing to the Egyptians that the Celts are far superior to their foes.

In both camps something that had not been wanted for either side was about to take place. The Egyptians best division remaining was a group of 600 warriors with stone axes while the Celts could only send in their 7th Gallic Swordsmen division. The 400 members of the 7th charged towards the city with blood-lust. As they neared several warriors fled at the sight of the crazed Celts. Iron swords sliced through the Egyptian axes that were very poorly made and the Egyptians retreated into the city. They were pursued by the 200 remaining Gallic Swordsmen who then proceeded to butcher the remaining warrior divisions. Thebes and the Mausoleum of Maussalus was the Celts’, and as the Celtic armies marched in they saluted the 7th Gallic Swordsmen division.

After capturing Thebes there was no “Sir, we have destroyed the fledgling Egyptians”. Yes, they have a settler on a boat. It must have been launched prior to the war because I captured both of their coastal cities in the first turn of war.

670 BC- After 155 years of war, the Egyptians and Celts finally agreed to meet each other for peace talks. It was decided to hold these talks in Delhi since the Celtic diplomats could not find the Egyptians’ city. After discussing many options it was agreed that the Celts would no longer make war upon the Egyptians, while the Egyptians were forced to give to Brennus and the Celts: Knowledge of Philosophy, Construction, Polytheism, and the basics of a Code of Laws. The Egyptians also were to give 210 gold to the Celts and 5 more per every few years.

The Celtic people were so impressed by these new technologies that they decided to enter a time that is known as the Medieval Ages. Brennus was immediately given new clothes and his musicians that followed him everywhere learned to play new instruments very quickly.

650 BC- As a band of Heavy Cavalry explored the Arabian Peninsula it was discovered that another civilization was nearby. The Celts eagerly made contact with these people and it became known that they called themselves Carthaginians. When Brennus met with their leader, Hannibal, he was told by his military advisor, Armenius, that the Carthaginians were superior militarily to the Celts. This disturbed Brennus in addition to the fact that they were also superior in technology to them.

590 BC- The ship called the CDS Alesia (G-02) was sunken in sight of foreign borders but failed to make first contact. Meanwhile the ship CDS Entremont (G-01) neared the northernmost border of the Celtic Empire.

World Map (590 BC)-

Attachments

• Golden Age Start.JPG
    Golden Age Start.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 3,492
  • War with Egypt.JPG
    War with Egypt.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 3,514
  • Demands Answered.JPG
    Demands Answered.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 3,523
  • Memphis Falls.JPG
    Memphis Falls.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 3,487
  • Heliopolis Falls.JPG
    Heliopolis Falls.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 3,509
  • I move against Thebes.JPG
    I move against Thebes.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 3,404
  • Warrior defends Thebes.JPG
    Warrior defends Thebes.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 3,492
  • Thebes captured.JPG
    Thebes captured.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 3,572
  • Egypt Peace 1.JPG
    Egypt Peace 1.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 3,531
  • World Map 2.JPG
    World Map 2.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 3,428
And now to address the spoiler...

A) We were overrun by Egyptian Medieval Infantry- Heck no, the Egyptians didn't even have iron, the nearest source is near Salamanca.
B) We wiped the Egyptians off the face of the Earth in 3 turns- Well, they weren't wiped out, but it only took four turns to take Thebes.
C) We took over the Egyptian homeland but they might have a settler on a boat- Yeah, the homeland is ours, but they must have a city or a setter on boat somewhere.
D) The Iroquois interfered and we were destroyed- The Iroquois didn't bother with war. But it appears from my diplomacy screen with the Aztecs that he may have been at war with them.
E) We saw some serious :spear: and lost our entire military- We lost a lot of troops to spearmen, but remember that they were defending a city (defense= 3(2 Reg+50%= 3)).
F) Cleopatra made an expensive peace deal after nearly being destroyed- Did she ever: 4 techs, 210 gold, and 5 gpt.

F) Cleopatra made an expensive peace deal after nearly being destroyed- Did she ever: 4 techs, 210 gold, and 5 gpt.

YAYYY, I got it right!!!!!!!! :cool: :lol: :cool:

My guess is that you'll be facing a country named "Egypstralia" or "Egyonesia" in the future. That's usually where your boating Diaspora settlers end up.

Impressive job there, playing catch up on world technologies, both diplomatically and by brute force. Is Thebes going to be the site of your Forbidden City palace? If this was a bigger map, I'd say that it's the best choice possible. On a map this small you might decide to hold off building the second palace until you've conquered all the way to Salamanca, Iran or Carthaginian India

Top Bottom