3. Wheel

AMAZON
1. Mapmaker's Choice
2. Snaky Continents
3. Global Highlands

Sirius
- Standard or larger map, sea level adjusted accordingly for six teams
- Contact between all teams should be possible via land or coast, but NOT ocean
- Our preference is in the direction of a continents/islands setup rather than pangaea
- We think it would be a good idea to have at least some initially uninhabited islands (something the last map lacked)
- Overall though we vote for the mapmaker's choice as to the layout

CDZ
1. Donut
2. Wheel
3. Mapmaker's Choice

Merlot
1. All civs will have land contact with each other.
2. All civs will have roughly equal land quality
3. All civs will have roughly equal land quantity
4. All civs will have roughly equal distance from each other
5. All civs will have either coastal or non coastal starts (all or none)

Quatronia
1. Mapmaker's choice
2. Archipelago/Snaky Continents
3. Donut

Based on these results, I will be designing a custom mystery map for the Demogame. :) I already have several ideas about what to do, thanks to great suggestions from several of the teams.

Now, for the Game Settings:

Huts: Off
Mavericks: Off
AMAZON: Off
Sirius: On
CDZ: Off
Merlot: Off
Quatronia: On

Events: Off
Sirius: Off
Quatronia: Off

Vassal States: Off
Sirius: Off

Barbarians: Normal
Mavericks: Normal
AMAZON: Normal
Sirius: Normal
CDZ: Normal
Quatronia: Normal

Tech Trading: Normal
Merlot: Normal

Difficulty Level: Monarch
Mavericks: Monarch
AMAZON: Emperor
Sirius: Emperor
CDZ: Monarch
Merlot: Noble
Quatronia: Monarch

Game Speed: Normal
AMAZON: Normal
CDZ: Normal
Merlot: Normal
Quatronia: Normal

Turns: Simultaneous
Mavericks: Simultaneous
AMAZON:
Sirius: Simultaneous
CDZ: Simultaneous
Merlot: Simultaneous
Quatronia: Simultaneous

Duplicate Leaders: Yes
Mavericks: No
AMAZON:
Sirius: Yes
CDZ: Yes
Merlot: Yes
Quatronia: No

Restricted Leaders: Yes
Mavericks: Yes
AMAZON: Yes
Sirius:
CDZ: Yes
Merlot: Yes
Quatronia: Yes

Map Size: Standard

For completeness sake please clarify what will happen if two or more teams have the same first pick and provide a list of alternates. Assumption: 1st pick goes to team without alternate list, if all have alternate lists then random choice of 1st pick -- correct?

I think there should be only one pick, in order to preserve the element of surprise, and to avoid last minute horsetrading on choosing a civ that fits the other civs.

However, a civ is free to state to choose the 2nd civ as their civ, in case someone picks the same as them, but that should be stated explicitly in the internal forums. Should both teams have the same policy, then neither civ should get their first priority, but their second one.

For completeness sake please clarify what will happen if two or more teams have the same first pick and provide a list of alternates. Assumption: 1st pick goes to team without alternate list, if all have alternate lists then random choice of 1st pick -- correct?

Correct.

I assume:

- Teams which only provide one civ choice (type "A") get that civ choice
- Teams which state a preference to have a unique leader (type "B") submit a list of civs BEFORE knowing what the other teams have
- If one type "B" team has the same first choice leader as a type "A" team, "A" automatically gets their civ choice as desired, and "B" automatically gets their next-highest pick that isn't a duplicate
- If two or more type "B" teams have the same first choice leader, but no type "A" team has that leader choice, a coin is flipped by the admins; one "B" gets their first pick and the other "B" gets their next best pick that isn't a duplicate
- If two or more type "B" teams have the same first choice leader as a type "A" team, "A" automatically gets their civ choice as desired, and both "B" teams automatically get their next-highest picks that aren't duplicates (coin flip if necessary if same pick in this stage, etc)

Hope that makes sense. :)

I would have thought that since we have duplicates on, that only one leader and civ would be required for each team.

I agree with Lord Parkin's proposed ruleset.

I would have thought that since we have duplicates on, that only one leader and civ would be required for each team.

Yes, but that's just not a complicated enough of a process for some people:mischief:

I assume:

- Teams which only provide one civ choice (type "A") get that civ choice
- Teams which state a preference to have a unique leader (type "B") submit a list of civs BEFORE knowing what the other teams have
- If one type "B" team has the same first choice leader as a type "A" team, "A" automatically gets their civ choice as desired, and "B" automatically gets their next-highest pick that isn't a duplicate
- If two or more type "B" teams have the same first choice leader, but no type "A" team has that leader choice, a coin is flipped by the admins; one "B" gets their first pick and the other "B" gets their next best pick that isn't a duplicate
- If two or more type "B" teams have the same first choice leader as a type "A" team, "A" automatically gets their civ choice as desired, and both "B" teams automatically get their next-highest picks that aren't duplicates (coin flip if necessary if same pick in this stage, etc)

Hope that makes sense. :)

I don't think so...with duplicate civs on, that wouldn't make sense.

It should be:
-Team A picks a Civ
-Team B picks the same Civ

If either wants to change, they get their pre-selected 2nd choice.

Um, yes...That's almost exactly what Lord Parkin's proposal says...

Yes, but that's just not a complicated enough of a process for some people:mischief:

A process is never complicated enough until it becomes more complicated than it is.

Since we voted for duplicate leaders, I'm not sure there should be an option to avoid a duplicate leader. Part of the risk inherent in allowing duplicate leaders is that someone might have the same leader as you. If people didn't want duplicate leaders they should have not voted for that option. I see guaranteeing unique civilizations as a way around the proposed setting for those who didn't like it.

That is NOT what we voted for. Voting to allow duplicate leaders is not the same as forcing duplicate leaders.

That is NOT what we voted for. Voting to allow duplicate leaders is not the same as forcing duplicate leaders.

We are in no way forcing duplicate leaders by not guaranteeing teams a unique civilization.

In my opinion, if you pick a common leader, then you run the risk of facing someone else playing that leader.

Well, ok, I don't need to argue this further here; I already know either teams will be given the option to switch, or there will be another team poll.

Well, ok, I don't need to argue this further here; I already know either teams will be given the option to switch, or there will be another team poll.

If everyone else thought that's what duplicate leaders meant, then it's fine. I just didn't get that, and it wasn't really explained. I don't know why I'm arguing. I don't care what rules we use. I would like clarification on what was intended here regarding the selection of duplicate leaders.

A process is never complicated enough until it becomes more complicated than it is.

I see guaranteeing unique civilizations as a way around the proposed setting for those who didn't like it.

Agree 100%

And while i haven't analysed the results at a glance it looks like no team got all the game settings they voted for, but as the majority rules we just have to get on with the settling that are there. To me this arguement about allowing alternates is a round about way of getting a game setting that was voted against

That is NOT what we voted for.

We didn't vote for allowing teams to have alternate choices either

Voting to allow duplicate leaders is not the same as forcing duplicate leaders.

How is it forced? No one is telling you what leader you need to pick. If your team wishes to have a unique leader, then that should be a part of your critera when picking one and if some else still picks the same one then bad luck.

This was discussed before the allow duplicates vote. A lot of people who were paying attention know this and seemed to be fine with it, so I'm not sure why it's an issue now.

I think we need to vote on the tech-brokering as well, as this was a clear tie.

Top Bottom