Players Starting Position

BeckerC1972

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

just finished a remake of the "Western_Hemisphere (Huge)"-Map with closer connections between the atlantic side of America and Europe. Nonetheless, when ever someone starts the map, the human player is starting at quite the same position with only a very little randomness. I cannot find the starting positions for the different nations being defined within the XML-Structure of the map. Now I am wondering by what code-element the program decides, where the human players are going to start.

Anyone able to give a clue? Probably the question has been answered somewhere already, but even by searching through the 11 pages of threads within this section I couldn't find anything about it.

Help would be hightly appreciated :) Thx a lot in advance.

It is pretty much possible to give them set start locations, but to do so you would have to make it possible to only pick 1 leader for the civilization.

Which totally screws up playing a map as a "random game" without set nations. Therefore this really doesn't help ;)

Hey BeckerC1972,

I think Dale has fixed that in AoDII... Look for "PatchMod: Spread out start locs" in CvPlayer.cpp or any reference to "startingPlot" functions in the SDK.

Aymerick

Any chance to rephrase this in a way, a complete idiot would understand it?

Top Bottom