Europe's Burning: Ye Olde Imperium Offtopicum

Status
Not open for further replies.

e350tb

Stupendously Illogical Englishman
The ideas of revolutionaries and anarchists in France have spread across old Europe like wildfire. In just eleven years, the old orders of Europe have collapsed - anarchy takes its toll as the governments collapse under the weight of Jacobin revolts.

Now, it is 1800, and collections of local authorities, revolutionaries, and the remnents of the old European governments rise again, determined to ascend to greatness over the domain of Europe...

Hello chaps and chapettes! I'd like to present to you what could be considered a Napoleonic flavoured spinoff of Imperium Offtopicum.

Rules follow. Some have been directly pulled from IOII.

1. Updates can only happen after all players have had a chance to comment, or at least 24 hours since the last update, whichever comes first. For the first turn only, exactly 24 hours must pass before an update, so stragglers have a chance to get in.

2. As usual, IOT does not recognise nuclear weapons or WMDs of any kind. If you try any sort of mass-extinction of a population, don't be surprised if you suffer a reprisal from the players, if not the GM. [Incidently, when did you last heard of Tsar Alexander's Nuclear Program?]

3. Each update represents two months in-game time. Regulated time should stop confusion there, methinks.

4. I don't care if your country is inhabited by radioactive sultanas. In other words, feel free to inhabit your nation with whoever or whatever you want, provided it fits with the setting. (Anyone who tries to form the Soviet Union will be metephorically horsewhipped.)

5. Upon resigning from the game, you can distribute your territories to other players, one or more NPCs(or create one or more from your lands), or just flat out make them uninhabited.

6. IOT is a monster if not kept in check. Please PM me your battle orders, war declarations, claims, etc. in addition to posting them on the forum(So other players can see). If you want to launch a sneak attack, you can give me the battle order without posting.

7. There will not be a U.N., but I'm not stopping you from forming one. Similarly, all battles will be demonstrated on the main page until further notice.

8. Claims. Players may make six. claims a turn, unless in Russia or the Middle East, in which case you may claim four.

9. Armies are physical entities. They will be represented by a golden dot on the field. Each player will begin with one army in thier capital. For every ten regions they claim, another army will appear in thier capital. Armies can move 5 regions a turn in friendly territories.

10. Napoleon Total War will be used to simulate battles. Depending on the type of victory, the victor will gain points, allowing them strategic mobility. A Heroic Victory is worth 10 points, a Clear Victory 7, and a Close Victory 3 (obviously, losing will gain you no points). Following the battle, units will move depending on points. For example, ten points would allow you to move five territories.

11. ANYONE WHO POWERGAMES, TROLLS OR IS OTHERWISE A TIRESOME IDIOT WILL BE KILLED REMOVED FROM THE PREMESIS.

12. As always, obey the actual forum rules, otherwise I'll be sure you get modspanked.

13. Anti-Spam Measures:

13a. You are limited to five posts per 24 hours, and the post limit is not cumulative. Discuss details in private, or on your userpages. Then post the FINAL results on the page. IOT gets brought down by too much unnecessary content. GM updates, battle orders, and claims do not count towards this limit; everything else does.

Think quality of posts, not quantity: you're not getting Post Count, so no need to spam.

However, if your posts actually consist of something RELEVANT to your nation and not just one-liner comments, I'll be more forgiving.

13b. Do not quote the entire post. Only quote the relevant parts. It keeps the forum more readable.

13c. Don't respond to each relevant post individually; use multi-quote to avoid posting like 10 times in a row.

13d. If you break these rules, you'll get two warnings from me. On your third infraction, I phone the actual mods. And ban you.

14. If you are going to be leaving, give me your orders, or ask someone else to do them for you. To avoid migraines, I cannot calculate it all, and will only go on what you give me.

15. If you are not active for 5 days, or don't have anybody to give your orders, I will PM you that you need to post something - or tell someone else to - to stay in the game. If you don't respond, I will PM you again after 24 hours or so have passed, asking how you want your lands distributed, as you have become inactive and thus cannot continue to play. If I don't receive a reply within 24 hours, I will distribute your lands in a manner as fair as possible.

16: The further an army moves into enemy territory, the more it suffers attrition. This indicates a lack of supply, partisan activities, weather, ect. Thier can be aliviated by capturing supply centres, which will be placed in the first update. If you are more then five normal-sized territories (three in the Middle East and, to simulate the extremes of weather, two in Russia), you will begin to suffer attrition, which will place units out of action or even totally annihalte them.

Rightho, that's it, stand by for the map.

Teh Map!

The Kingdom of Prussia (Dark Blue)
Player: E350
Capitol: Berlin

EDIT: I claimed Ireland instead. Info and stuff is down there somewhere on the first page. Sicily is now open.

Spoiler :

I proclaim the Most Furene Republic of Venice!

Capital: Venice, of course.

Language: Venetian

Government: Crowned Republic, with a complex democracy to select the Doge and several legislative bodies, somewhat dominated by the elites, but with the coming of more democratic principles, the people have increasingly more say in the government.

Style: A mostly-pacifistic state, more focused on the expansion of trade than anything else. To this end, it focuses on building outposts around the sea, as well as naval excellence, and avoids tying itself to too many powers or land-based conflicts.

This is an extension of the fact the state is more or less - or at least, styles itself - a direct successor to the Old Republic, and thus it is sometimes called the New Republic.

Military: Venetian troops are of a moderately-good quality, and this is due to the fact the army is not that large. True to the styling of the state, the navy is the primary focus, and with the Republic's rebirth, more and more energy is being put into creating a fleet worthy of being proud of. The New Republic's leadership has the benefit of hindsight, and thus is focusing more on acquiring better warships, a stark contrast to how the Old Republic's fate was sealed by its focus on galleys and obsolete warships.

---

I am of course, sure my credentials make me capable of being Venice. ;)

---

Say e350tb, is there a distance penalty, or no? :confused:

Also, you should make a map showing where the various regions are, to help players know how claims work in those regions. (Get ready for Poland-related shenanigans)

Pope Perfection Claims Rome! (it would be nice to have an explanation of map territories and stuff somewhere, I'll cross reference which one belongs to Rome soon, but not now [I have to leave for work soon])

Holy C

Capital: Vatican City

Language: Latin

Government: Pope elected by some old dudes in secret process in a closed door, heads Catholic church

Style Focused on spreading Catholicism and becoming obscenely wealthy and powerful, but not so much physical conquest

Military Primarily Mercenary based.

Republic of Bosnia

Република Босна - Republika Bosna - Bosna Cumhuriyeti

Spoiler map :

Founded by local Bosnians in cooperation with mutinous reformist Ottoman troops who were inspired by the ideals of the French Revolution, the Republic of Bosnia aimed to unite the Balkans under its revolutionary banner.

Capital: Sarajevo

Language: Serbo-Croatian, Ottoman Turkish

Government: Republic, de facto Crowned Republic with revolutionary overtones.

Style: Doing anything to survive and eventually become a Great Power.

Military: Standing Army.

Treaties:

Trade Agreement with Portugal, Ireland.

Defensive Alliance with {EDEMA members}

Since Napoléon is my hero, I shall spread republican ideas and guillotine your kings.

Napoléonic France

Capital: Paris

Language: French

Government: Constitutional "Monarchy" (More like Constitutional Empire, if you ask me), with Napoléon as Emperor. Its much more freer than it sounds. :p

Style: Spreading and fighting for the republican ideas fought for in both the American and French revolution.

Military: For the only time in history, NOT cheese eating surrender monkeys. I mean, sure, they ultimately loss, but ****, was the grand armeé actually good this time (Must be the fact Napoléon was Corsican).

I think I'll have to go for the Sceptred Isle, the green and pleasant land, the home of cricket, football and rugby - Britain!

Country - Great Britain
Capital - London
Language - English
Government - Constitutional Monarchy
Style - Industry, trade, culture and empire!
Military - Standing army and navy

May I introduce the Republic of Andalucia!
Flag_of_Andalucía.svg.png
Capital: Campo de Gibraltar
Language: Old Spanish
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Style: Infrastructure, trade.
Military: Naval power.

Spoiler Claims :
YOIOT.jpg

I've never done this before, so please tell me if I mess up! (I have lurked before, though) :)

Language: Norwegian (Nynorsk)

Capital: Trondheim

Government: A constitutional monarchy. The laws are always dictated by the common people. There are no nobles.

Style: Mostly based on trade. Our fish is what will be traded most often, as well as furs, so we'll expand mostly along the coast. We hope to monopoly the trade routes on the Norwegian Sea.

Military: Our military is mostly maritime based. Each man must be in the army for 2 years when they become an adult, or 4 if it's a time of war. We are superb at maritime and mountain combat, but less than adequate when it comes to flat ground.

Claims: in Purple Trondelag 1.png

Most Serene Trading Republic of Ireland

Opulentia est vox. Wealth is power.

Capital: Dublin
Government: Officially, ruled by a puppet monarchy. Oligarchy, from the richest trading families, control this puppet monarch.
Language: Irish
Style: Mostly pacifist, heavy focus on naval and trade, as well as high importance on eduction and the sciences.
Army: Standing Army, but has far greater emphasis on sea than land.

Treaties

Trade Agreements
-Portugal
-Kieven Rus'
-Britain
-Golden Horde
-Babylon
-Swedish Empire
-Bosnia
-Tuscany Republic
-Trøndelag
-Sahara Pridelands
-Cambria
-Ottoman Empire

Non-Aggression Pacts
-Kieven Rus'
-Britain
-Golden Horde
-Swedish Empire
-Bosnia
-Tuscany Republic
-Trøndelag
-Sahara Pridelands
-Cambria
-Ottoman Empire

Mutual Defensive Pact
-Britian
-Cambria
-Members of EDEMA

Not Recognized/False/Illegitimate Governments
-Hamburg
-France
-Bavaria

War
-France
-Hamburg
-Bavaria

Starting Claims:
Spoiler :

O REINADO DE PORTUGAL (The Kingdom of Portugal).

Language: Portuguese.

Capital: Lisboa (Lisbon).

Government: Thalassocracy/Absolute Monarchy.

Style: Some Arab Culture, mostly Portuguese. Based on Trade and Fish.

Military: See Norway.

Attachments

• ajkebdcjaebd.png
    ajkebdcjaebd.png
    356 KB · Views: 188
I'll give this a try.

Language: Icelandic

Captial: Vinava

Government: Parlament. Laws are made by the king, voted on by the Congress. The people elect represenitives for the parlament.

Style: Isolist. Try's to keep away from the rest of the world.

Military normal, Navy weak

Claims: Southern Iceland.

I'd like my color to be Orange. [can't upload map]

Darn, Arakhor, you beat me to it!!!
Dang, landlubber, you beat me to it!!!
Why is it whenever I have a good idea other people just come up and claim in it? :(

KIEVAN RUSSIA!

Country- Kievan Russia
Capital- Novgorod
Language- Old East Slavic
Government- Grand Principality
Style- Trade, Millitary, and Expansion
Military- Standing army ready to fight

Europe IOT.png

Claims in lime. :)

EDIT: Color changed to white!!!

THE SULTANATE OF BABYLON

Capital: Babylon (Rebuilt to the Northwest of its actual location.)

Language: Well no one knows Babylonian now, so Arabian will have to do.

Government: Absolute Monarchy: The Sultan controls nearly every aspect of the government, and depending on the leader, this can lead either to a period of prosperity or a ruthless tyranny.

Style: Dedicated to restoring the glory of ancient Babylon, and as such focuses on expansion and creating a rich culture.

Military: The Sultan is the main military leader, with a few top generals. The army is immensely devoted, and they are trained from the age of 7 from the most physically fit men. As such, the army is actually quite small compared to the giants of Europe, but every man's first and only devotion is to the Sultanate.

Map:
Spoiler :
(I'll just take 6 regions for now, as the Middle East is not specified in how many I can claim.)

That soft pink is much nicer than my dirty rose colour, but I don't yet have the four provinces along the Kent/Hampshire coast. My seven are centred around London and the Home Counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom