Live Recording Details: PolyCast Episode 100, July 31 at 1PM ET (North America)

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
If you're a Civilization series fan and haven't blocked off the two-hour period beginning at 1PM Eastern Time (North America) on July 31, now is the time to do so. The 100th episode of PolyCast (PC), the bi-weekly strategy podcast that has been focusing on CivIV since it began, is to be the first such production to be recorded live. As first announced last month, its regular co-hosts and some guest co-hosts are to be on-air to take your questions and comments.

Now that the technical particulars have been set, you can best prepare yourself in order to be able to participate. Here's the overview for you to review:

WHAT: PolyCast Episode 100 Live Recording
WHERE: "The PolyCast" Channel @ UStream (RSVP)
WHO: Regular Co-Hosts ("DanQ", "Makahlua", "TheMeInTeam" and Lisa "qnl" Bang), Guest Co-Hosts... and Audience Members!
WHY: To celebrate the centennial episode of the initial and leading Civ community podcast with regular, occasional and first-time listeners to discuss the show and the gaming series in general in equal measure.

WHEN: July 31, 2010 @ 1PM Eastern Time (North America)
Below is the intended agenda for this event; depending upon circumstances leading up to and while it's being carried out, be advised that subjects, participants, times or a combination thereof may change without notice.

13:00:00 | Introductions: DanQ, Makahlua, TheMeInTeam & qnl
13:05:00 | Franchise Reps: Barry Caudill (Firaxis Games); Greg Laabs, Elizabeth Tobey (2K Games)
13:10:00 | Past Regulars: Locutus, KMadCandy
13:15:00
13:20:00 | AUDIENCE: Call-ins, Chat items, Emails/Forum Posts
13:25:00 | Season 1 Co-Hosts: OzzyKP, Methos, condor223
13:30:00
13:35:00 | AUDIENCE: Call-ins, Chat items, Emails/Forum Posts
13:40:00
13:45:00 | Season 2 Co-Hosts (1): bt_oz, CanuckSoldier
13:50:00 | Season 2 Co-Hosts (2): emeseles, ruff_hi
13:55:00
14:00:00 | AUDIENCE: Call-ins, Chat items, Emails/Forum Posts
14:05:00
14:10:00 | Season 3 Co-Hosts (1): Lars_Domus, Lord Parkin
14:15:00 | Season 3 Co-Hosts (2): Rusty Edge, AlphaShard, dacole
14:20:00
14:25:00 | AUDIENCE: Call-ins, Chat items, Emails/Forum Posts
14:30:00 | Season 4 Co-Hosts (1): Steiner-Davion, Izmir Stinger, ParadigmShifter
14:35:00 | Season 4 Co-Hosts (2): colonelmustard, White Elk
14:40:00
14:45:00 | AUDIENCE: Call-ins, Chat items, Emails/Forum Posts
14:50:00
14:55:00 | Conclusion w/DanQ, Makahlua, TheMeInTeam & qnl

HOW
1. You can submit feedback in advance by: a) responding to this thread or b) by calling into the show: (301) 637-7659 (North America), +44 121 288 7659 (Europe) or via Skype with your Skype account.
2. During the show, you can provide written feedback in the "The PolyCast" channel's chat room. Towards moderatorship and flood control capabilities, you will need to create an account on UStream to do so. (Registration is free and should not take more than a few minutes.)
3. During the show, you can provide verbal feedback by calling into the show; see 1b) above for details.

Spread positive word about this, the first live PolyCast recording and help celebrate its 100th episode in entertaining and informing style, by choosing to be in attendance and letting your own voice (or keyboard) be heard.

Are you gonna beep live on air?

What if someone calls someone an asshat?

Are you gonna beep live on air?
There is no such capability, at least not one that I have come across.

What if someone calls someone an asshat?
Depending upon their presence, they will be dropped from the call and/or booted from the chat.

I will try and skype in, but the RSVP link in broken and the computer I will be using has a mic that makes me sound like I'm 12. :p

I will try and skype in,
:cool:

but the RSVP link in broken
Hmmm... it works on UStream.tv itself, but not when linked to from this thread for instance. It may be that the link is configured to only work from content stored on UStream itself.

Have you tried testing the link from this thread once logged into your UStream account as well? I can't RSVP to my own event to test that -- understandably so, but :lol: nonetheless. If that doesn't work still, that would substantiate my working theory.

and the computer I will be using has a mic that makes me sound like I'm 12. :p
:D, no worries.

I don't have a Ustream account, do I need one, it sounded like I didn't

Oh and with my connection I may lag a little, but that's just a chance.

I don't have a Ustream account, do I need one, it sounded like I didn't
Only if you wish to participate in the chat (text).

Oh and with my connection I may lag a little, but that's just a chance.
That shouldn't be an issue if it does, at least not a major one -- there will be some lag besides.

Skype works. :blush:

I'll try and remember, but if you want a better chance of me coming throw me a PM about 30 minutes till show.

I'll try and remember, but if you want a better chance of me coming throw me a PM about 30 minutes till show.
In addition to having this written on my day-to-day calendar :D, I will have an alarm set for myself (wristwatch)... hopefuuly setting one for yourself would help you too.

Marketing people are annoying anyway ;)

The show is over.

Good show, Dan. Really fun to be there, except when I lost my internet connection for about 10 minutes before my appearance. THAT was scary. I'm no where near any place I could run over to and steal wifi signals from, either, so I thought I was screwed.

BTW, it's pronounced MOP JOCKEY, as in "www.mopjockey.com is the coolest site evar!" not MOPO JOCKEY.

Somehow, someone was already using TheDS in ustream or I would've been on using that. There's like 5 people running around using it now, and not necessarily capitalized the same way.

The show is over.
Indeed.

Good show, Dan.
:king:

Really fun to be there, except when I lost my internet connection for about 10 minutes before my appearance. THAT was scary. I'm no where near any place I could run over to and steal wifi signals from, either, so I thought I was screwed.
Glad it was able to rectify itself for you.

BTW, it's pronounced MOP JOCKEY, as in "www.mopjockey.com is the coolest site evar!" not MOPO JOCKEY.
Heh -- why do I still think there was a "o" after "mop" in your username? My mind must have registered the second "o" for some reason...

Somehow, someone was already using TheDS in ustream or I would've been on using that. There's like 5 people running around using it now, and not necessarily capitalized the same way.
Ah. Well, there is already a UStream channel called "polycast", but I like "thepolycast" nonetheless given that it's consistent with the show's Skype account name.

Yes it was a very good show Dan, glad I could have a small part in it. For those that did not catch in there were a few titbits of info given by the devs.

1. There will be a Civ5 demo before release. Date TBD.

2. The mod engine localization routine will automatically use Google Translate to translate all your english text to other languages.

3. And Steam acheivements will be in Civ5, but no details released yet.

CS

2. The mod engine localization routine will automatically use Google Translate to translate all your english text to other languages.

:lol: they've read what i wrote here :D.
:scared: fearing crappy german translations.

Top Bottom