Snipers

LMR

Back In Green!
Snipers everywhere! Vindicare Assassin and Catachan Sniper for the WH40K, which could also be used for a covert and jungle/woodland sniper in another mod, and an urban/artic and a regular police-style sniper. Unfortunately, no sounds for now, but i will hopefully find some suitable ones (or someone posts some here) and post a separate download

Vindicare Assassin
Catachan Sniper
Urban Sniper
Sniper

NOTE: I have playtested the Vindicare and Urban Sniper and they were fine, and since the process was exactly the same i ASSUME the other two are ok. if not, PLEASE let me know so i can fix it.

Cheers and enjoy

Attachments

• Render 677.png
    Render 677.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 325
  • Render 2.png
    Render 2.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 310
  • vindicarepreview.gif
    vindicarepreview.gif
    244.2 KB · Views: 963
  • Render 108.png
    Render 108.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 349
There are a few snipers, but not as good, and not so sniperish.

So they are indeed a very good addition...

I'll use them one day, when my move reaches the modern era.

Estimate time : between 6 and 16 years!

AWESOME! Man, I requested some snipers almost a year ago, and now BOOM! Thanks so much, LMR! Straight into my personal mod.

Awesome work! I could see these being invisible units with a decent and lethal bombard with a range of 1 (unlike other foot units) in the modern era.

That Urban Sniper is fantastic. :drool:

Awesome looking units! That is one gap in the unit spectrum that has been empty for quite some time.

Great job, I especially like the Catachan Sniper. It will be nice to finally see a WH40K mod completed. "crosses fingers"
QFT.

Glad you guys like 'em!

The mod is being worked on slowly. I've got a lot of units for it on the go tho, so once i start releasing them it might (hopefully) generate more interest

Not sure i can help with downloading the beta tho

nick0515 (I'm pretty sure it was u, or am I going crazy?) pointed out some games that might be able to have conversions done from 40k universe (IIRC, been outta town for a week, can't remember which game it was); I have yet time to try any of them out; but I might be able to give you a hand LMR!, I will check it out next week and see if any are possible, if so I can try to do some units that you don't have yet.

nick0515 (I'm pretty sure it was u, or am I going crazy?) pointed out some games that might be able to have conversions done from 40k universe (IIRC, been outta town for a week, can't remember which game it was); I have yet time to try any of them out; but I might be able to give you a hand LMR!, I will check it out next week and see if any are possible, if so I can try to do some units that you don't have yet.

Yep it was me. Dawn of War and it's expansions have tons of 40K units. There is also Dawn of War 2 but I've never played that. I briefly looked into it and it seems that there are programs available to extract DoW units to blender and 3ds Max.

Races in those games:

Space Marines
Chaos Space Marines
Imperial Guard
Tau
Orks
Eldar
Dark Eldar
Necrons
Sisters of battle

As it is I believe units for the Orks, Space Marines and Imperial Guard are fairly complete in terms of existing Civ 3 units. There are quite a lot of Chaos vehicles done too. The other races, however, have little or no civ 3 units made. Dawn of War conversions could greatly enhance the unit lines for a 40K mod.

DoW 2 apparently adds another race, the Tyranids.

If you could find some time to work on some 40K conversions that would be awesome, Tom.

I wish I had the time, but at present I bearly have time to test CoMM3 and do small amounts of work on my own mods.

Plus I'm too useless at this kind of stuff. I tried to do your tutorial for converting units from Atlantica Online and failed at the first step as I was unable to run Python. Pathetic aye :sad:

Cheers,

Nick

Top Bottom