Road to War - Historical - Pacific Scenario

kiwitt

Road to War Modder
Pacfic Scenario Research Required

The initial ground work.

The Map
1) A comprehensive list of major cities (500,000+).
2) A list of other cities and towns known to play a part in WWII Pacific Battles
3) The population of each of these cities and towns
4) Which of these cities were known for their industrial base (i.e. which ones gets the Goods factory)
5) A list of Fortresses and other fortifications and their locations
6) Significant buildings/wonders and where they are located.
7) Location of main mountain barriers and rivers

The Forces
1) These will be based on 1941 starting forces (except China and Japan who need to based on 1936)
2) The organisation structure from company up to massive Army Group for each nation that took part.
3) Land forces are still the priority, however Air and Naval power are important, you still need land forces to take the ground.
4) List of unit names and where they were located in the time frames above.

The Major Players
1) List of significant people
2) List of significant Generals (4 star and higher) and the names of the forces they led

And that is just the start ... I estimate 3-4 months of research

... This is why it took so long to create 1.04 - Europe

1.05 - Pacific, will take almost as long to research, the actual coding takes a couple of months and then a couple of more months to refine it.

Thankfully I'll be able to use the lessons learned in 1.04 and incorporate them into 1.05 code, so that side will be a bit faster.

On the Map for the Eastern side I propose that the Rockies are the edge

On the Western side where will we end?

Get me the edges and I'll start filling it in
To keep things easy it is best to use the map from RtW and make modifications. This is so any Python references do not need to be re-written.
The Map at least concerning California is absolutely butchered, there are three cities representing California: San Francisco, Fresno and Los Angeles. the format is

cxxc
xxxx
wwxx
wwcx

c=city
x=land
w=water

I need to know how big are the tiles supposed to represent so I can try to repair the map
Count the tiles from West Coast to Hawaii. Then divide the actual distance by the tiles.

NOTE: I used 100km for the Europe Map.
it's approximately 96 Miles per tile, Height=64 (6144), Width=104 (9984)

14 civs:
Japan
China
USA
Australia
USSR
United Kingdom
Dutch East Indies
Xinjiang
Canada
Mongolia
Siam
France
Philippines
China

we could add New Zealand (not represented by cities, southern part not on Map either)
New Zealand is planned to be added , They had Corsairs as well late in the war

They also controlled Western Samoa and America Samoa was controlled by US. Many of the Islands were controlled by their Colonial masters, which will need to be reflected.

it's approximately 96 Miles per tile, Height=64 (6144), Width=104 (9984)

16 civs:
Japan
KMT
Communist Chinese Rebels
USA
Australia
USSR
United Kingdom
Dutch East Indies
Xinjiang
Canada
Mongolia
Siam
France
Philippines
China
New Zealand (to be added)

What size is the Europe Map, it seems larger so making them close to the same size, or we could use the same mile distance and convert it to 100km squares giving us Height=100 (98.87) and Width=160 (160.67)
Since it seems to be more Ocean it would probably have fewer cities

Add KMT

True, but more islands would replace cities. The Pacific War was more about Island hopping for the US and Allies.

True, but more islands would replace cities. The Pacific War was more about Island hopping for the US and Allies.

oh yes, would we represent every land battle?

sorry that I haven't done much, I'm on vacation (lots of camping)

ugh, school starts tomorrow so life will be in the way until November (Autumn break) or December (Winter Break)

Now you whay it took so long to create my Europe scenario.

To start:

I wouldn't go so high with units, i.e. Army Groups. Remember becuase of Island Hopping, most untis involoved were, at best, regiments, their parent divisions scattered across the pacific.

Mixed native units, Americal, Philippino Scouts, Merril's Maraders.

I'll dig out some of my reserach from college and get back to you.

In my existing version the British get a significant espionage bonus due to them cracking Enigma machine. Will do one for the Japanese Code as well.

In my existing version the British get a significant espionage bonus due to them cracking Enigma machine. Will do one for the Japanese Code as well.

you never did represent Bomba, you forgot Poland

Agree ... The Poles took what they found in the Enigma code to the French, who did not take them seriously. However the British Did. Hence why I gave them the bonus.

It did not help the Polish much in their campaign so I thought it best to exclude it from them

Agree ... The Poles took what they found in the Enigma code to the French, who did not take them seriously. However the British Did. Hence why I gave them the bonus.

It did not help the Polish much in their campaign so I thought it best to exclude it from them

And the Soviets after Hitler attacked them

We have not commenced this development yet. What you see at the moment is the Original Scenario, where this and and many other corrections will be made.

Going along with Kiwitts suggestion I would gladly lend a hand in whatever
way I can here. Preferably a mapping based hand.

Though I do have a question, have you all started the map yet?
If not then I have my own edit of the Pacific Map (which I have previously
mentioned.) That has more geographical corrections (Eg, fixing the
land around southeast asia and Japan, Mountains and rivers have been
added in their proper areas, I am pretty confident in my island placement.)
That I wouldn't mind sharing as a basis.

Minor Note: I was looking at the previous discussion and I'd think it be important
to note that even though the british has a major espionage related advantage
against the japanese, anyone playing the japanese would have a REALLY hard
time defending themselves from spy units who would be used to sabotage
japanese lands.

RE: Brits Espionage - Would that also apply to the US/Allies as well.

Top Bottom