Road to War - Historical

It would appear a Release candidate is not really required. I'll make some final tweaks and play a game through until 1945 to check it all works well.

I just want to correct the "icons" for Artillery units and then that will be it.

Whew ---- FINAL RELEASE !!!!

EDIT: Currently playing "Hot Seat" mode ... the best way to play "AXIS" versus "ALLIES".

time to start Pacific Scenario :whipped:

time to start Pacific Scenario :whipped:
Cheeky ;)

I just enjoying playing for a little while now :)

But you are right; The naval aspect will need to be looked at carefully and some new units added - more research :(

I might save the "Global Scenario" for Civ 5 though. I hope there will be a Giant Earth Map to start with.

New Milestone = Over 1500 downloads reached.

Cheeky ;)

I just enjoying playing for a little while now :)

But you are right; The naval aspect will need to be looked at carefully and some new units added - more research :(

I might save the "Global Scenario" for Civ 5 though. I hope there will be a Giant Earth Map to start with.
Lets worry about Pacific Scenario First, make sure to represent Bay Area especially Vallejo (home to biggest shipyard
Global Scenario will probably be much easier on Civ V because of City States and heavily multithreaded
New Milestone = Over 1500 downloads reached.
:goodjob:

Check
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_Island_Naval_Shipyard#Shipbuilding
almost all were Pacific fleet

Thanks for your "Encouragement", but I really need to take a break from development else I'll burn myself up. I need to have the right balance between play and work (modding), else I'll lose enthusiasm, which neither of us would want.

Thanks for your "Encouragement", but I really need to take a break from development else I'll burn myself up. I need to have the right balance between play and work (modding), else I'll lose enthusiasm, which neither of us would want.

How about you tell me what to research and I gather it for you while you enjoy this delightful mod? What do we need?
I might not be able to code but I can gather information
What data should I gather on cities?

The initial ground work.

The Map
1) A comprehensive list of major cities (500,000+).
2) A list of other cities and towns known to play a part in WWII Pacific Battles
3) The population of each of these cities and towns
4) Which of these cities were known for their industrial base (i.e. which ones gets the Goods factory)
5) A list of Fortresses and other fortifications and their locations
6) Significant buildings/wonders and where they are located.
7) Location of main mountain barriers and rivers

The Forces
1) These will be based on 1941 starting forces (except China and Japan who need to based on 1936)
2) The organisation structure from company up to massive Army Group for each nation that took part.
3) Land forces are still the priority, however Air and Naval power are important, you still need land forces to take the ground.
4) List of unit names and where they were located in the time frames above.

The Major Players
1) List of significant people
2) List of significant Generals (4 star and higher) and the names of the forces they led

And that is just the start ... I estimate 3-4 months of research

... This is why it took so long to create 1.04 - Europe

1.05 - Pacific, will take almost as long to research, the actual coding takes a couple of months and then a couple of more months to refine it.

Thankfully I'll be able to use the lessons learned in 1.04 and incorporate them into 1.05 code, so that side will be a bit faster.

On the Map for the Eastern side I propose that the Rockies are the edge

On the Western side where will we end?

Get me the edges and I'll start filling it in

To keep things easy it is best to use the map from RtW and make modifications. This is so any Python references do not need to be re-written.

To keep things easy it is best to use the map from RtW and make modifications. This is so any Python references do not need to be re-written.

The Map at least concerning California is absolutely butchered, there are three cities representing California: San Francisco, Fresno and Los Angeles. the format is

cxxc
xxxx
wwxx
wwcx

c=city
x=land
w=water

I need to know how big are the tiles supposed to represent so I can try to repair the map

Count the tiles from West Coast to Hawaii. Then divide the actual distance by the tiles.

NOTE: I used 100km for the Europe Map.

it's approximately 96 Miles per tile, Height=64 (6144), Width=104 (9984)

14 civs:
Japan
China
USA
Australia
USSR
United Kingdom
Dutch East Indies
Xinjiang
Canada
Mongolia
Siam
France
Philippines
China

we could add New Zealand (not represented by cities, southern part not on Map either)

New Zealand is planned to be added :D, They had Corsairs as well late in the war ;)

They also controlled Western Samoa and America Samoa was controlled by US. Many of the Islands were controlled by their Colonial masters, which will need to be reflected.

Off topic? Can I play the RtW: Historical with RtW Add on Pack 2? I can't seem to find the original RtW...I think I freaking deleted it, without saving....I'm a moron. =(

RtW: Historical is a stand-alone mod. i.e. it does not require RtW or RtW:UE, everything you need is in the one file you download.

It sits in its own folder.

Could you make a Pacific scenario dev thread with a to do list and such? would help greatly and declutter this thread

In my play testing I have determined that Aircraft are just too powerful against land units. I will be severely reducing their effectiveness versus Land Units.

NOTE: Aircraft can still reduce defences, bomb cities and infrastructure, as well as interception and reconnaissance.

In addition, I will be re-introducing a cap on the number of air units that can be held in cities.

Because of these changes I will now be bringing out a "Release Candidate"

Top Bottom