new unit: Spetsnaz

Balou

Jungle Bear
Here is the Spetsnaz unit:

For a full preview of all animations, click here.
Everything you need to play is included in the zip file, although there is no scenario file this time. You will need to add the unit yourself to the game.
Please read the readme before you unzip the files.

Special thanks go out to Steph for creating the flc files and dog & J.Keller for the Spetsnaz description.

Spetsnaz Download

THANK YOU BALOU!!!!!!!!!!! ive been waiting for this unit since i saw u were working on it, since im a spetsnaz at CDGroup

:) Wow, this unit looks amazing. It will fit perfectly into the game. :)

By the way, I was wondering where in Germany you were from. I was an exchange student in Darmstadt last summer.

you just changed your "current projekts" in your signature from chasseur to non, may i ask why.

Excellent!
A 5-stars unit.
I will give it these stats: Attack 16 Defend 16 +3 Hit points
Move 1 All Terrain As Roads, shield cost 200.
That should reflect it`s elite status.

Another great job... I agree it is a 5 star job :)

I know you make great units Balou but a preview would be nice

Thanks for such a great unit, it far exceeds some of the animation done by firaxis. Can't wait for the other modern infantry planned.

Oh..there it is! Well I found the unit preview and will download our little soviet friend here!

Originally posted by Rocoteh
Excellent!
A 5-stars unit.
I will give it these stats: Attack 16 Defend 16 +3 Hit points
Move 1 All Terrain As Roads, shield cost 200.
That should reflect it`s elite status.

Personnally, I do just the opposite, and give a -1 HP to my Elite units. For me, HP represents the number of casualties the unit can suffer before disappearing, and defense the chance it suffers casualties.

So a elite unit has less chance to get damaged, but as it as fewer people than standard units, it can be destroyed rather quickly if damaged.

In my mod, Archer, Crossbowman, Chariot, Knights, Special Forces, Helicopter and artillery all have HP penalty.

Steph
Since Civ3 is a symbolic game and not a "realistic"
such as Steel Panthers III I will not say you are
wrong and I am right.
The reason for me giving elite units exra hit points is that
for example during WW2 regular units taking 15% losses
were often (temporarily) knocked out as fighting units while
elite units taking 90% losses continued to fight.
Panzer Lehr were reduced from 13 000 men to 500 during
The Battle of the Bulge but was still a fighting unit.

No need to get into a fight, dudes! Just do it the way you want to. Both arguements have valid points.

BTW, another stounding unit, Balou!

Great unit Balou! :goodjob:

One small thing, though, in the Civilopedia entry it says Spetznaz stands for "Spetsialnoye nazranie", well actually it's "Spetsialnoye naznacheniye", which does mean special purpose in Russian. I know it does not really make a difference for non-Russian speakers, but I'm just making this point for the sake of accuracy. :)

I´m glad you all like it. In my opinion this is my best unit so far :)

utahjazz7:
I live in the north of Germany. It´s cold and rainy here.... (I like the cold weather but not so much the rain)

Yoda Power:
I´ll change it back to the chasseur as soon as I have some previews posted here.

W.i.n.t.e.r:
It would be nice to have more versions of this unit so feel free to modify it.

Scipio Africanu:
Nah, the Firaxis animations are better. Just take a look at the various death animations, they are very lifelike. I don´t think I could do some of the animations on the same level (or it would take forever - remember, in the gaming industry they always work with a strict time limit). But thanks for the praise anyway.

sgrig:
Thanks for pointing this out. So all mod makers who wish to be 100% accurate may need to change the name to "Spetsialnoye naznacheniye". Sorry for the mistake.

I´ll take a short break now and then begin with the "chasseurs alpins". But don´t expect this unit to be released before X-mas, december is a very busy month.

Top Bottom