Improvements to GeneralMatts austro-hungarian hussar

cool3a2

Deity
I was not fully satisfied with the textures GeneralMatts provided originally when publishing his hussars, so I did my best to improve on them, although I'm not talented in texture work.
Changes:
- The green I'm using is somewhere between Matts dark and light version, although it's closer to the dark one.
- I've enlarged the main textures size to 256x256 instead of 128x128 and sharpened it, which makes the decorations on the chest less blurry.
- Made a blue uniformed version.
- Gave some structure to several parts of the textures (blue helmet, trousers, uniform, saddle) as previously, large portions of the texture shared the same colour which made the unit look a bit odd - with this, I wasn't too successful, to be honest.
- Added gloss to the saber.
- Made the gloves a bit darker.
- There a 3 different textures for the horse: black (GeneralMatts original texture), dark brown and light brown.

The package includes Arians button.

Credits:
- GeneralMatt, original unit
- Arian, button

Preview:
Spoiler :

horse textures:

teamcoloured version (the ones with green and purple saddles):

DOWNLOAD

Nice job. though I do have one complaint. IMO, The horses could use some improvement. They textures are a little too dark.

Hmm... maybe you are right. They are lacking some contrast as they are now. On the other side, they are not the focus of the unit. Still, I'll give it a go.

Sry for double posting, but otherwise you might miss this preview of a brown horse.

Hmm... I personally like it, but I could provide several textures and everyone could use them at will. Also, the horse used for this unit, is the mongol mounted swordsman which already is yellowish. I could use that texture, transplant the saddle and copy over those lighter parts at the head and the leg.

Hmm... I personally like it, but I could provide several textures and everyone could use them at will. Also, the horse used for this unit, is the mongol mounted swordsman which already is yellowish. I could use that texture, transplant the saddle and copy over those lighter parts at the head and the leg.

A team-color version of these guys would be great!
BTW here's a simple button:

Attachments

• Hussar.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 91
Thanks for your button (looks good, too) and your nice words, guys! Well, I'm actually not a friend of teamcoloured units, especially in case of a unit like this that is actually made to be a unique unit anyways. Still, I might give it a go. The only problem I see, is, that I don'T know what to put into teamcolours. That white part on the chest probably, but besides of this?

Thanks for your button (looks good, too) and your nice words, guys! Well, I'm actually not a friend of teamcoloured units, especially in case of a unit like this that is actually made to be a unique unit anyways. Still, I might give it a go. The only problem I see, is, that I don'T know what to put into teamcolours. That white part on the chest probably, but besides of this?

I suggest the hat!

The hat. Okay, if you want me to, I can do that, I think. Although it was part of the uniform and thus its colour was probably fix. Anyways.

For now, I have updated the package with the other two horse textures (the dark brown version is a bit less reddish and there is also a light brown version) and Arians button. Also, I've added my xmls including the artdefines, the unitinfos and civilopedia texts in english, german, italian and hungarian. See post #1 for download link.

I will update the first post and the file db entry with fresh previews in a second.

Alright, I have a first picture of the teamcoloured version to show. If you ask me, I should turn the feather into teamcolours instead of the helmet, but I leave the choice to you.

I say add it to the horse, but keep what you already have of teamcoloured parts

Okay, that should be possible. I'll give it a go this evening.

Another preview with the saddle teamcoloured. More wishes?

Okay, I'll wait till tomorrow morning (now it's almost quarter to 12 in the evening where I live) to see if there are more suggestions. If there won't be any, I'll upload v1.2 of the package then.

Top Bottom