[FIXED] Peace treaty does not expire

Anastomosis

Chieftain
I am playing Japan. I conquered America's capital, Washington, and then, since I had few military units left, accepted Washington's offer for a 10-turn peace treaty. However, now I cannot break it! In the Deal History tab in the Diplomacy Overview menu, the last deal I had with Washington was Peace Treaty (10 turns) on turn 190. It is now turn 225 and I can't declare war in the diplomacy menu because it says I need to wait for the treaty to expire. Has anyone else experienced this bug??

Also, in the Diplomacy Overview screen, it says that Washington has Open Borders with me (not true, I can't move my units into his borders), that he is giving me 10 Gold Per Turn (mousing over my income proves that this is not the case) and that we have a Research Agreement (nope, we did but those expire after 45 turns and that was 60 turns ago, plus it was cancelled when I declared war on him).

So, diplomacy and the diplomacy overview screen is seriously bugged. Maybe it was triggered by the fact that I had Open Borders and/or a Research Agreement when I declared war the first time? I have no idea.

This isn't a bug. You can't break the peace treaty (that's the whole point of signing this treaty). You have to wait for the 10 turns to end.

Playing as Japan.

I *have* a never-ending research treaty with the Iroquois. The diplomacy history list identifies it as having expired, but it has not.

1. I never received a bonus tech.
2. In the diplomacy screen with the Iroquois, I cannot form a new research treaty because the current one is still ongoing.... forever.

I have since made and completed research treaties with two other civs (English and Siam). Both ended properly.

Not sure what the problem is, but it is clearly a problem...

Was it a problem with math or reading comprehension, Silverwave?. 225-190 = 35 turns. 35 > 10 turns. It should have expired.

I am getting this same error except I am playing France and it's against Babylon. Every turn I am getting new agreements and trades and whatnot.

This is a major bug. I was playing a standard game with Greece being very aggressive in claiming land on my continent. I had a superior military in my opinion and had amassed 5 knights along greek's borders. Brazzenly greece moves about 5 workers, all unprotected, into hexes nearbye. I thought I'd test Alexander's arrogance and demand a resource, he laughs at me and I think, ok...time for my knights to check greek expansion. But I cant start a war untill current peace treaty expires! I check my active treaties list and I have nothing going on with Greece. The last cease fire supposedly ended 15 turns ago. This is as far as I've gotten with a civ 5 game, but I will not be finnishing this one because it's broke.

Wish I had read this BEFORE I accepted Egypt's offer for a peace treaty. They offered so much to get peace that I couldn't refuse, but if I had known this I would have just went ahead and overran their last two cities. Guess I'll just wait and see if the treaty ever expires.

I just don't understand how this bug (along with Bronze Age riflemen) got by the developers/testers given it's ease of detection. Guess that's why I'm neither.

In my most recent game, I fought a series of several wars. I bought off 2 AI opponents for peace in succession as others declared war on me. Eventually I fought them all off and established a powerful army, ready for some payback and land recovery (lost 3 cities during the process.) However, the peace treaties I asked for will not expire - even the one that was instated 40ish turns previous. I just get "Cannot declare war until Peace Treaty expires" in the diplo menus, and in the deal log, it even says when I click the treaties, "Lasted 10 turns." or something like that... yet they are both still in effect.

So it seems that peace treaties I initiate will never expire. Has anyone else had this issue?

edit: Attached a save if anyone wants to test it (which would be appreciated greatly :) ) Wait 10 turns and see if you can declare war on Rome or... uh.. the orange guys to the north.

Attachments

• dariushatespeacetrieaties.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 325
Same bug in my game, and I'm a looong way from nukes... QQ

Try uninstalling the game, and redownloading it. Maybe a fresh install will fix it.

If it's something that happens every game then the above might be the short term cure, just don't keep your saves, and start a new game. If it's just a random thing, then better luck next time!

It's a random thing. Most peace treaties expire properly. In my game, the two that I initated will not end. Dunno if that's a factor or not.

Yay for paid public betas

Top Bottom