[FIXED] Crashing game (save included)

ranger999

Chieftain
I cannot determine whether I can fix my problem with a change in video or other settings. I have a save game that crashes whenever I click the End Turn button...anyone want to try it on their system? I have just recently concluded peace with an enemy after some warmongering. DX9 vs DX11 makes no difference, and I toyed around with a number of video options as well. If the problem's with the game engine, I'll just have to write off this session.

I'm using an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 with a 512MB Nvidia 9800GT on Win 7 x64 Professional with 8 GB RAM. No overclocking involved.

Attachments

• 5.2.Civ5Save
    600.2 KB · Views: 272
I also got a CTD when ending the turn from your save file. My system has mostly lower specs than yours, but I haven't had any other crashes in the game after playing for a total of around three hours. Didn't try to troubleshoot the cause, but may look at it later.

Petek

Let's call that confirmed (whatever the reason might be).

Moderator Action: Moved.

I suspect it is because I made peace with Catherine, as I was able to reproduce it from an earlier turn with a sequence of actions that included that. I probably have another saved game somewhere of the turn just before this where folks could do more intensive testing to determine if this is true or a red herring.

I can confirm that I am also seeing this problem. The game ran fine four multiple saves, then once I got to about turn 150 it crashed. I reloaded no problem then went I stopped playing at turn 250. Now I can only play for about ten minutes before it crashes consistently.

I tried loading my save game and this time it did not crash with 1.0.0.17, the latest version.

I tried loading my save game and this time it did not crash with 1.0.0.17, the latest version.

I confirm that the game from the save file in the OP no longer crashes when ending the turn. I also have the Sept. 23 hotfix installed.

Petek

I think this is very similar to a bug I have experienced (I also get crashes starting games on larger maps).

I managed to fix my game crash by lowering the Fog of War graphic level to Minimum or Low. You should try this to confirm, since my game would CTD right around the time I figured the loading screen should fade out and fade into the game.

Top Bottom