Game keeps crashing

Ultio

Chieftain
Hello all,

First post so if I'm violating any rules, please let me know.

I've been playing this game for a while now. No real issues. I was overclocking my cpu the entire time, with the occasional crash due to cpu overheating. So I decided to go back into my bios and return the voltage to the recommended settings and run the cpu normally.

Since then, the game has been completely unplayable, crashing after 2-3 turns at most.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled my graphics card drivers. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game in steam. Done all the things I've seen in forum posts with the same issue but looking at the dates, they were in 2015/2016'ish so pretty old. Is anyone else having these issues currently?

Graphics card: GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Windows 10, 64bit. Intel i7

I should also mention, the crashing is specific to this game only. None of the other games I play individually or on steam.

I had the same problem. And since the last patch i have the problem again. Last time i solved it by running a 3rd party program (palit thundermaster) for tuning down my GTX 1080 ti graphic card (bought an overclocked version). Now, after the recent patch, my game keeps crashing again despite palit thundermaster. It`s very annoying because I have a very interesting game running on multiplayer with my friend. Does anyone have the same problems, especially after the recent patch and solved the issue? Would be glad to hear some solutions.
Iam playing the game with DX12, max settings. Reducing the settings didnt help. DX11 crashed too.

Thx and greetings

Honestly i wish they wouldn't make updates to the game. anytime they have this year there have been problems. I too have the game crashing issue on my PC about 100ish turns into the game it freezes or just crashes. no mods, and its annoying to the point that i stop playing and when i return i start a new game and about the same amount of time passes and it crashes again. I can log back in and start playing again but it will then crash again and again(in 30ish mins or so)- it's just frustrating. I don't want to bother with the -uninstalling steam and reinstalling it- headache cause i set it up funny.And omg... i think i'll have to do that though this seems to be a less my end more there end problem with bad updates. I try to ignore them but if i accidentally click update- i'm screwed because i know there will be problems. The sept update had crashing problems and the december one brought more frequent crashes... ughz. I'm not a tech guy, i just turn the compute on and play games. :) So not explaining basic things- makes it difficult on how to fix things.I mostly have to google "how to" :( It's like Windows 7 (and earlier) was much easier to figure out where to find things in the computer then Windows 10. but anyways : PC | Windows 10 | 64 bit | AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8core processor 3.2ghz | 16GB RAM |

So I went into GeForces graphics app and selected Civ 6 and let Nvidia optimize my graphics for the game... better... went 10-15 turns before a crash. Then I went and manually turned down the graphics to the bare minimum, and crashed in 3 turns, lol.

When was this last update? I'm wondering if my issues started when it dropped? Like I said before, I've played it for years with no issue except for the occasional cpu overheat (once every couple of months or so when I'm doing some multi-tasking), then all the sudden it's crash-mania and all I did was un-overclocked my cpu and all my other games run fine.

Top Bottom