NIGHT OF THE MINDWORMS- Signups

landlubber

Scottish Nationalist
Welcome to Night of the Mindworms
May Planet have mercy on your soul…​

“Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden. He drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”

It's been ten years since Planetfall, and no international cooperation is in place. This year, all will attend a global council to try to bring unity to the squabbling nations trying in vain to co-exist with one another. If the nations of Planet are unlucky, a world war may break out.

Every leader from every corner of Chiron wants to seize this chance. Every faction on Planet sees this as their opportunity to take over the world, or die trying.

Each faction has a different ideology of how Planet should be ruled and cared for. Some wish to conserve it. Others wish to exploit it. Who planet falls under control of can mean deadly consequences.

If you are lucky, you and your nation will be able to accomplish any goal you may have. If you are not lucky, you shall be erased from history. Planet isn’t kind. The other humans aren’t kind. You may only rely on yourself and your closest partner. Everyone else could perish for all you care.

This is your last chance. Make it a good one.

Rules:
Spoiler :
Welcome to NIGHT OF THE MINDWORMS, the first NOTW based off Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

This game’s mechanics are pretty complex, so listen up.

Night/Day cycles:
Each day will be 48 hours long. Each night will be 24 hours long. There will be an update each 24 hours. A full turn is 72 hours.

Currency:
Everyone will have a use for currency. All abilities use it. In effect, the amount of currency you generate determines when you can use abilities. You may only use one ability per turn, however. Unlike most previous NotWs, you may use your abilities in day or night.

Social Engineering:
In Night of the Mindworms, each faction may run different social engineering. There are two categories of social engineering, each with three options. Every faction has one government choice running and one ecology choice running. You may change each as many times as you like, but only the one you are running at the time of the update is the one that will be in effect at the end of the turn. The social engineering choices are as follows:
ECOLOGY (effects faction qualities)
Indifferent: No effect
Exploiting:
-1 ecology
+1 currency
Loving:
+1 ecology
- 1 currency
GOVERNMENT (effects individual qualities)
Police State:
+ 1 strength to everyone on your team
Bureaucracy:
33% chance to resist a night action against you. This includes ALL night actions excluding roleblocks.
Democracy:
Chosen at random, on some nights, your abilities will become twice as powerful. Every night, there is a fifty-fifty chance that it will happen. If it does occur than the next night, there is no chance.
]I will happily answer any questions about social engineering.

Day Actions:
Wait- The town may decide simply to wait. This is essentially the same as “No Lynch” or “Abstain.” If the majority is for “Wait,” then the day will pass uneventfully.
Let it be known right now that only one of the actions detailed below can be performed one day phase.
Lynching- Each lynch requires only a plurality, even the first day, which means someone may be lynched. If there is a tie, we’ll let Planet decided (RNG for those of you with no spirit) Each player gets one day action vote. This can be used to lynch, or to press sanctions.
Pressing Sanctions- In addition to lynching, you may also vote to press sanctions against a player. Sanctions can be any of the following; Reduce Strength, Reduce Currency Rate, Force Monetary Payment, or Force Social Engineering. The first person to vote for sanctions on a player must specify the nature of the sanctions, who they are directed at, and, in the case of Force Payment, how much the person has to pay. It is possible to go into debt from this, although there is no interest on the debt. DEBTS MUST BE PAID IN THREE DAYS, OR THE PERSON WILL BE LYNCHED AUTOMATICALLY. If sanctions have already been voted for, further players may just say “I agree with the sanctions outlined by [insert player here.]"
The town may also vote to repeal sanctions. This does NOT count as a day action; you can do it in conjunction with Pressing Sanctions or Lynching.
Vote for all day actions in bold.

Abilities:
Every single person has an ability. In each faction, one person has an ability that can be activated and used on their request (providing they have the money for it), and one person has a passive ability that's in effect as long as they are alive. Passive Abilities do not require gold. Also, each faction has a faction ability. Faction abilities take a full 72 hour cycle before they go into effect (if you use your FA during night four, for example, it will go into effect at the end of night five.) They also cost significantly more than regular abilities.

Faction Setup:
Each faction is made up of two people. In all cases, you play as a team. Winning without your partner will be very difficult. Because of this, both of you are very important. So, I ask that all players handle their factional duties. If I Quicktopics are created, I ask that they be sent to me.

Victory:
The game ends when all factions remaining have already achieved all possible goals. Because of this, even when all the killers are dead, the game could still be continuing as normal.
Each faction will have three victory conditions. In most cases, as long as you fulfill your three conditions, even if your faction is eliminated, you still win the game, unless survival is one of your explicit victory conditions. Total Victory will go to a faction that achieves all three of their goals, Partial Victory to any faction that achieves two out of three, Minor Victory to any faction that achieves one, and Defeat to a faction that doesn't achieve any. In some cases, victory conditions can be achieved after a faction is eliminated. In this case, the condition is NOT achieved, because the faction had nothing to do with the achievement.

Any questions? Please feel free to ask me, or visit this page.

1. civplayah
2. Earthling
3. Takhisis
4. remake20
5. LightFang
6. Autolycus
7. Winston Hughes
8. Diamondeye
9. Kennigit
10. classical_hero
11. choxorn
12. Darth Caesar
13. Romanichine
14. taillesskangaru
15. Nictel
16. Seon
17. link16
18. Ravus_Sol
19. sprig
20. johnhughthom
21. Zack
22. Domination3000
23. Rebel Jeb
24. Camikaze
25. soup567
Reserves:
1. SS-18 ICBM
2. DrumStudent
3. robbiecon
Posting is open!

Definitely in, should be excellent. Not sure if you meant a "plurality" instead of "majority" when talking about lynches though.

I did, thank you. I will correct that, and I also remembered that I forgot to specify when the game ends. I will also add that to the rules.

I'll reserve for now. I don't know how far away Mars and mNotw are from completion.

Are we able to choose who our partners are?

No. That's the fun part. If you get stuck with someone you don't exactly favor, it could get you two to see more eye-to-eye. Maybe this'll be a learning experience. Maybe.

The OP's font is horrible, but it'd sure be interesting to see Earthling team up with Zack and/or askthepizzaguy.

I don't know how far away Mars and mNotw are from completion.
Well now, i can't go around telling you that, unless you want to resign from the game ;).

I really don't have time... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... but.... um... well I really don't have time... in

I really don't have time... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... but.... um... well I really don't have time... in

Remake acted so ******ed in Mars attacks that i was thinking that i would ban him from any of my future mafia games.

Lucky, he was a jester. @#%^&@$ :lol:

The OP's font is horrible, but it'd sure be interesting to see Earthling team up with Zack and/or askthepizzaguy.

I agree about the font. It is hard for me to read it, since my eyesight is poor.

where the rules had gone?
EDIT: sorry, spoiler works now as it should

Remake acted so ******ed in Mars attacks that i was thinking that i would ban him from any of my future mafia games.

Lucky, he was a jester. @#%^&@$ :lol:

I was acting ******ed?

Top Bottom