Moveable Mines (AI Compliant)

Hunter

Civ Addict
Sigh... yes I know what you are saying: "MORE MINES they dont work" or "OWCH I spilt my coffee". But Hear me out first.

After seeing the great work by pesoloco and hiddenpix I tried to make them work but the AI never realy used them the way I hopped. So after some time I came up with a simple design that looks like it should. I have used the Modern worker as the Default and part of the Fortify .flc's thus making the mines move and when they do,well... I feel that its right. I also made two rows of mines to represent a field of them and since I have never got them to disapear after a battle, the worker explains where the new mines come from.

In short this is hardly a new unit but rather a new configeration in the hopes of getting mines to be an efective and cheap unit.

In game stats:
Cost:4
M:1 A:1 (nesasary for the AI) D:10 - 13
HP bonis: -5(a must, this prevents the mines from becoming vets)
Foot Unit Flag

Optional Stats:
Air Drop
Hidden Nationality (I recomend that if you use this use Ivisable since the AI will hunt any unit with this flag)
Invisable (you cant see the battle same as subs)
Bombard:5 (with out the bombard box checked represents the units in the same square are surounded defensivly by mines)

Attachments

• mineworker.gif
    mineworker.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 2,010
OK all is well You can down load but if there are any problems let me know so I can update the links. Thanks.

I should also mention that at the end of every fortified battle the unit re-digs in making it look like he is adding more mines. This makes the units survival more beliveable.

Hmmm Creative approach.

I would test it, but I dont feel like playing civ3 till i get my mod done.

GIDustin

Originally posted by GIDustin
Hmmm Creative approach.

I would test it, but I dont feel like playing civ3 till i get my mod done.

GIDustin

Same here- will have some spare time over Christmas :) I will definitly try this idea- it goes well with my idea about coastal, floating seamines ;) only that these won't "replant" themselves :)

ps- is it not a problem when the AI enters you borders to destroy these units ???

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r

ps- is it not a problem when the AI enters you borders to destroy these units ???

The AI treats them like normal units and when they enter your borders arn no problem. If you are at war then they have to be attacked like any other unit. However if you make them Invisible then you wont know they are in your borders and oly if they have hidden nationality is that a problem. The AI uses even Invisible units like normal and dosent attack unless you are at war.

As for distinguishing them I had thought of putting a helmet on the worker. He might need one. But origonaly I left him this way to be sneakier... you wont think twice about a worker in your borders and then BAM he lays down some mines. In multiplayer this might work and when the AI uses them against you you might not notice them. Since they are hard to see fortified you may not even need to use the invisible option. But I will keep playing with a military looking version.

Have you made a nice mine explosion animation ?
Perhaps I could use them in my mega Genesis game pack.(adds double the amount of governments, units, buildings etc)

Here what do you think?

Attachments

• mineboom.gif
    mineboom.gif
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,275
Originally posted by sebsage
Make it a ICBM explosion :D

I made one of those for fun awile ago but nuke mines got two deadly. They sure were fun tho.

I made them invisable so I could place a few in future enemys teritory. Kind of like a terrorist nuke. They were cheap (but slow to deploy) and a great replacement for any nation without uranium (I hate when the AI has nukes and I cant).

I should also say they looked kind of silly since I never figured out how to stop them from falling from the sky.:lol:

Top Bottom