Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - General Discussions > Civ5 - Bug Reports > Civ5 - Confirmed Bugs

Notices

Old Oct 05, 2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Valdyr
Warlord

Graphics glitch--deep sea uranium deposit? (green spots on water)

I built a mine on a uranium deposit in my empire, and now an ocean space 4-5 tiles away has an enchanting green glow beneath the waters. Since I didn't see anything in the tech tree about seafloor mining, I'm assuming this is a bug.

Spoiler:

Fields of green... wait, wrong strategy game. The glow pulses and twinkles just like the uranium resource on land. So far this bug has survived exiting the game and reloading the save, so I attached the savegame to see if you guys can see it too.

Patch version: 1.0.0.20.

Edit: if you can't see it in the screenshot, it's near the center of the pic, directly down from the prow of the rightmost embarked transport unit, it's a pretty obvious green glow.
Attached Files
File Type: civ5save underwaterminerals.Civ5Save (947.5 KB, 78 views)
Valdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Valdyr
Warlord

Nobody wants to confirm? It's a really minor bug, true, but I'm kind of curious if anyone knows how it happened.
Valdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2010, 05:44 PM   #3
CopterGuy
Chieftain

I loaded up Valdyr's save and can confirm that I see the glowing green dot in the same position. I also recall seeing this same glitch in a game I recently played, but I don't see it when I load the save (probably because the save isn't teched high enough to see the resource on the map).
CopterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Petek
Alpha Centaurian

I also confirm seeing the graphic artifact. I'm patched to 1.0.0.20. Will move this thread to the Confirmed bugs forum.

Reminder: If you confirm a bug or other anomaly from a save file posted by someone else, please use the Report button to alert the moderators. Thanks.

Moderator Action: Moved to Confirmed Bugs forum.