Tamriel

Yali

Chieftain
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I created this yesterday. It's a map of the Tamriel continent from the Elder Scrolls series. The scenario consists of 10 empires, one for each province, that have yet to solidify themselves. The cities present for each culture (say Skaven and Rihad, or Leyawiin and Anvil) are already established.

The goal is to connect the cities and expand your empire, asserting one's imperial dominance over Tamriel. Imperial cities like Caldera and Blackrose (from Morrowind) are not yet established, as they pertain only to the Cyrodiilic Imperial culture that should conquer later, if one chooses Cyrodiil as their team.

I used Tiber Septim of Cyrodiil and Vivec of Morrowind as already established rulers. The other provinces I had to improvise a bit.

For Skyrim, Whiterun is the Nord capital and Skyrim imperial center, but in following Tamrielic lore, the other nord cities are only city states that would need to be annexed by the player if he/she chooses to play as the nords.

I used pre-existing empires as the basis for the cultures as I'm unsure as to how to create a set of new civs.

Morrowind - Japan
High Rock - England
Cyrodiil - Rome
Valenwood - Iroquois
Elsweyr - Arabia
Hammerfell - Songhai
Argonia - Siamese
Skyrim - Viking
Summerset Isles - Greek
Dwemer - Persian

Attachments

• tamrielworldmap.jpg
    tamrielworldmap.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 7,183
  • Gold Coast.jpg
    Gold Coast.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 2,368
  • Hammerfellmap.jpg
    Hammerfellmap.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 2,131
  • Southwesttamriel.jpg
    Southwesttamriel.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Morrowind.jpg
    Morrowind.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 2,035
Here ya go:

Also, I've been desperately trying to edit the leaderhead splash pictures to fit Tamrielic lore. I have a bit of good elder scrolls art that would be perfect (eg. a nice painting of say Vivec), however I'm extremely ignorant when it comes to coding/modding.

If anyone is interested in beefing up the immersion with, say, new leaderhead art, post here and we'll see what we can do. Also, adding to that, if any of you are interested or are overly isnpired by my map, we could perhaps consider turning this into a total conversion, but that might be a bit far off.

Anywhoo, tell me all what you think.

Attachments

• tamriel.rar
    13.4 KB · Views: 973
The maximum size for worldbuilder, I think 128x88, although I'm not sure.

I'll definitely put up some better pictures this evening when I finish class. The ones I currently have up don't show much.

New pics: land details.

Attachments

• bruma.jpg
    bruma.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 995
  • skaven.jpg
    skaven.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 836
  • alinor.jpg
    alinor.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 842
  • dune.jpg
    dune.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 838
  • elsweyr.jpg
    elsweyr.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 776
Wow! I must download right now, since I've been playing the Elder Scrolls since old Daggerfall.

This looks really good from the screenies, but it's a pity you haven't got room for Solstheim up there. I'd like to found the Imperial fortress on the island. ;)

Edit: I love the map. It is absolutely beautiful and it really is like playing a strategy game in Tamriel. I really enjoyed building my first Explorers in Bruma. The Explorer Unit looks Fantastically Fantasy already. There should be a simple xml file added which makes all techs after the Medieval era locked, so we don't need to see tanks and Death robots and whatnot in late games. I can supply you with such a function, if you're interested. Further, I miss resources around the Imperial City.

Good job on this map. It's excellent fun for anyone who has played the Elder Scrolls Series!

Hell yes! I've been desperately looking for a modding tool to prevent the modern era! Ideally, I'd like to speed up production to allow quick expansion (allowing for conquering) without all the action taking place in the modern era, as is often the case when you're building up an empire (all the wars and fun stuff ends up happening at the very end of the game). I want to preserve my Tamriel as an idyllic medieval or classical world. :cool:

By the way, this is my first mod.

Great. I did the following tonight mostly using the Indiestone Tech Tree Editor. This mod stops the technological advance in the Middle Ages. I added Banking and also added a repeating Tech at the end of the tree called "The Fourth Era". Tech trees need to be ended with a repeater.

This is a fully playable mod already! Go into Browse Mods and then activate The World of Tamriel. Then, in the setup menu, Select the map (TamrielMap; NOTE that I've renamed it) and then tick Load Scenario! I will send you the Project files so you can continue on this if you wish and even upload it to ModBuddy. There is still stuff to do, you see. The techs aren't really balanced for a long game and for some reason all the nations get their vanilla names and leaders. That should be easily fixerd, but has to be modded in. I can do that at some point too!

(Removed the previous download link - See Post Below) Unzip and put it in your MODS folder in the Civilization5 folder in MyGames and off you go to the World of Elder Scrolls.

By the way. This was done the easy way. I just disabled techs up until the Renaissance Era and didn't remove anything. I am personally working on a Medieval Skeleton Mod which will remove all modern and such techs and units from the game totally and only leave the Medieval Era; I look forward to merging this with that mod later on as well! :)

OK. Here's V2 already. This one comes with the proper names for Civilizations and Leaders. Same procedure applies as in the above post.

Download The World of Tamriel V2 here.

With your permission, Yali, I'd like to post this in the Modpacks forum section. It will get more attention in there and it's really a functioning, good mod by now, so I think it's time to upgrade the discussion into a mods-discussion too! Further, it should really be published on the ModBuddy too, later on.

mines better this one sucks, every elder scrolls fan knows that africa should be in hammerfell because the redgaurds are black not asian, i dontmeen to be racist, its just a fact. also the whole map is out of scale the thing looks like you on your keyboard and called it good.

Moderator Action: This is a disgraceful first post. If you wish to post on Civfanatics, we expect a level of civility here, rather than blatant trolling. Please take time to read the rules and adhere to them for any future posts.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom