New DLC at December, 16th: Spain and Incas

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

Like some of the forum members have already recognized, 2K has announced new DLC for release on December 16th (german source, spanish source).
The DLC will contain Spain with Isabella as leader, the Incas with Pachacútec, and a scenario about the new world, beginning in 1492.

This price is announced as 5€ or $7.49.

Here is 2K's media announcement:

I’m pleased to announce that 2K Games and Firaxis Games will be adding two new Civs and a brand new scenario to Sid Meier’s Civilization® V. The Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca will be available Thursday, December 16 at major digital distribution retailers. This package allows players to rule the Spaniards as Isabella or the Incans as Pachacuti, and includes a brand new scenario where players set forth in 1492 to discover a brave new world.

Scenario Description:
The year is 1492. To the courts of England, France, and Spain come intrepid explorers, anxious to voyage across the Atlantic in search of a western route to China and the Indies. Will they find a new trade route and uncover untold riches from the Asian shores? Or will they perhaps run aground on undiscovered lands along their way? Will native populations be receptive to the knowledge and trade prospects presented to them, or will they fight against the invaders of their homeland? What riches, fame, and opportunities await those who brave the unknown waters? What path will you choose? Who will prevail in the struggle for supremacy over this New World?

Spain – Isabella
Isabella I was the Queen of Castile and Leon for 30 years, and with her husband Ferdinand, laid the groundwork for the consolidation of Spain. For her role in the Spanish unification, patronage of Columbus' voyages to America, and ending of the Reconquista (Recapturing) of the Iberian Peninsula, Isabella is regarded as one of the most beloved and important monarchs in the Spanish crown.

Inca – Pachacuti
Pachacuti was the ninth ruler of the Kingdom of Cusco, who during his reign expanded the tiny kingdom into an expansive empire - Tawantinsuyu. Pachacuti's Incan Empire stretched from modern-day Chile to Ecuador, including most of Peru, Bolivia, and northern Argentina, and laid the foundation for an even larger Incan Empire to come.

The Sid Meier’s Civilization® V Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca will be available for download on Thursday, December 16 at an MSRP of $7.49. Sid Meier’s Civilization V is rated E10+ by the ESRB and is available now for PC and Mac. For more information, please visit www.civilization5.com.

Thanks to Falkenhorst for mentioning it first here, and also thanks to Supr49er for the first thread about it at CFC here.
Read also the confirmation about the DLC in the 2K forum here.

Attachments

• Spanier & Inka.jpg
    Spanier & Inka.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 342,007
well, more civilizations are a good idea, but i really wish they would release an expansion instead. the expansion will include some fo the fixes everyone wanted, and then add those DLC civs. its well worth the expenses.

Spain finally! Wohoo!

I really wish they would stop with the DLC and put more effort into fixing the game. DLC is great but not when the game is still broken. I just can't see sinking more money into the game until what I already payed for is decent.

I really wish they would stop with the DLC and put more effort into fixing the game. DLC is great but not when the game is still broken. I just can't see sinking more money into the game until what I already payed for is decent.

Agreed and LOL at their currency conversion rate. Noting that the Euro is currently trading at about $1.32 the price should be $6.60 for those of us here in the USA.

If they expect this DLC to be purchased, not only should it cost the same, the much needed large patch needs also be released by then if not sooner.

.. neilkaz ..

There is no denying civ5 sucks. This is the last civ game I will ever play. Like it or not, civ, or pc gaming for that matter, is dead.

they had to, those that preordered the game through direct2drive bought "the first" 2 civ + scenario DLC pack along with the preorder, and they promised release by the end of the year, so they could either have broken that preorder deal and anger direct2drive or release this pack in time.

and thats your opinion. here's mine...it sucks

i am getting the dlc for free cause of the D2D deal..and I probably won't even bother downloading it

To be fair, this content was probably done (or almost done), at the point the game was released.
If you look closely enough in the packed art files, there was various art refereces to conquistadors, tecios (sp?), slingers (inca uu?), and genghis khan.

We all know the Mongols were already released, and the duel civilization/scenario pack was announced at the release date.

With that said, I too wish they fixed alot of the bugs/gameplay flaws in the game before released more "content". to me, the civs are all the same, except with different art and bonuses. What makes the game is the gameplay, which right now is tremendously flawed, but hey they need something to sell to us for $30 a whack in an expansion pack.

What makes you think that this DLC wasn't practically finished already when the game was released?

Also the vast majority of the bugs and other issues with Civ 5 are issues that programmers and designers need to fix (and QA needs to test), not the 3d artists and animators who would be doing the majority of the work on new Civs (and who otherwise would most likely be put on another project or laid off).

Yeah yeah, cool, release date is on my birthday BTW :D

Now fix the damn game! :mad:

I have stopped playing Civ 5 because it is so buggy it is unplayable. I've already wasted $50, so why would I spend another dime on a faulty product?

Why the heck is 2K wasting time doing DLC when the game is so frakkin broke?

2K and Firaxis need to put all their effort into fixing all the bugs !! :mad:

Even if Civ 5 was a good game, I still wouldn't buy this DLC. Really, why would I want to spend money on something they withheld from the game just so they could make an extra buck off us "stupid" gamers? Well, they won't get another cent from me. Civ 4 Beyond the Sword was the last civ game I'll ever buy.

There's a lot about Civ 5 that I love, but as many have said, just too much that doesn't work right for me to sink more money into the game. I'm glad they kept their promise to the direct2drive folks, but I'm out on any pay DLC until the game is at least close to functional.

That said, I love the Mongol civ and scenario. So if the game IS ever fixed to my (not unreasonable, but high) standards, I'll likely renew my support by buying what looks to be a fun Spain/Inca civ/scenario pack, and possibly even Babylon and future DLC/expansions. Until then, 2k/Firaxis, invest your share of my $50 wisely, I'll not bankroll your failures further.

Top Bottom