New DLC at December, 16th: Spain and Incas

I think 5 bucks is enough for this DLC. What is it going to go up another $2.50 each time??? To have this game I bought the in store version for 50 bucks. Then I got the first DLC for 5 bucks, and Babylon for free. The people that bought the steam download paid 60 bucks to get Babylon, and 5 bucks later for the first DLC and one civ the Mongols, and a scenario, for a total of 65 dollars. So I guess it was better to buy the in store version of the game after all. So after this DLC, I will have paid $62.50, and steam people $72.50 for one civ game. Wow that is unbelieveable! I hope the patch makes a big difference in gameplay to rationalize the expense of all this. But the steam people must feel like they walked into a trap, and feel quite cheated.

WTH are you talking about? :crazyeye: I pre-ordered Deluxe edition from steam and paid 54,99 EUR. I got Babylon and later Mongols for free like everyone else. And 54,99 EUR is all I paid so far... What other dlc are you talking about? There was Babylon as part of deluxe, later available to everyone for 5 bucks and then there were Mongols for free.

WTH are you talking about? :crazyeye: I pre-ordered Deluxe edition from steam and paid 54,99 EUR. I got Babylon and later Mongols for free like everyone else. And 54,99 EUR is all I paid so far... What other dlc are you talking about? There was Babylon as part of deluxe, later available to everyone for 5 bucks and then there were Mongols for free.

babylon mongols was $4.99 duh, and this one is $7.50 and if you paid $54.99 you still paid more than me so WTH are you talking about. I know what I paid in so far dude! Five bucks less than you did. The point is all of this should have came with the game in the first place. That is what I am talking about. I hope that clears it up for you.

That analogy does make sense, but to me the value is where it falls apart. A half-liter of soda would be gone in less than ten minutes never to be seen again (until you pee), very little value, whereas this DLC provides content with infinite value/re-playability depending on how often you play. I'll play countless Civ5 games with the new civs over the coming years, so $7.50 for a bit of added entertainment (not to mention the fantastic music scores - people pay more than $7.50 for music all the time - we get amazing leader art, units, buildings, music, a scenario - etc. etc.) is excellent value in my book. :D

LegioCorvus is correct. Just because you can afford to purchase something doesn't mean you should, nor does it mean it is a fair price. Why do you think so many husbands are angered by their wives shopping ventures. ;)

LegioCorvus is correct. Just because you can afford to purchase something doesn't mean you should, nor does it mean it is a fair price. Why do you think so many husbands are angered by their wives shopping ventures. ;)

Well, we'll agree to disagree then. I think it's a very fair price and I'll get lots of entertainment value out of it.

Heck I still sit in awe of the Montezuma leader art. Can't wait to see the two new ones! And the musical scores between the different civs and environmental moods (war/peace) still excites me. Love it! :goodjob:

It's interesting we talk about value so much in this fashion. I personally don't have any real ability to determine value, which is to say I can't determine what the dollar price of any item should be; which I put forward as the reason I simply don't understand this value argument. I value things by their utilities and determine their 'price' by comparison, so to compare Babylon with this, $7.50 strikes me as reasonable; $5 for a single civilization plus another 50% for another civilization and a new scenario.

This tends to give me a rather unique ability to be immune to salesmanship, because I have no real interest in the price of things; if I understand its usefulness, like it, want it, and have the ability to obtain it, I'll get it. Price is always the lowest priority. Having said that, I approach this in exactly the same fashion; I understand completely that the use of the DLC (got it right this time) is purely to add flavor to the game by adding content, I do like the DLC, I also enjoy the prospect of getting it, and with my new PayPal account I can obtain the DLC by converting bank data into 7.5 internet credits to then transmit into Steam to download the files. Honestly, that's the end of it for me, this argument doesn't change my mind at all.

babylon mongols was $4.99 duh, and this one is $7.50 and if you paid $54.99 you still paid more than me so WTH are you talking about. I know what I paid in so far dude! Five bucks less than you did. The point is all of this should have came with the game in the first place. That is what I am talking about. I hope that clears it up for you.

Wait what? You bought a game for $50, right? Then you bought Babylon for $5 right? You got Mongols for free like everyone else... So you paid $55, right? In that case you only paid less than me, because of EUR to $ value. Which is like, duh!

Wait what? You bought a game for $50, right? Then you bought Babylon for $5 right? You got Mongols for free like everyone else... So you paid $55, right? In that case you only paid less than me, because of EUR to $ value. Which is like, duh!

You are correct. But here in the US Babylon was free the Mongols were not, and you say you got both free. I think I need to move to Europe! In equivalent money your game costed $73.88 because of the exchange rate between the Euro and American dollar. $54.99 EUR= $73.88 USD, how is Europe doing financially?

You are correct. But here in the US Babylon was free the Mongols were not, and you say you got both free. I think I need to move to Europe!

Mongols were free in the US too, Babylon was not, same as in Europe.

SickFak did not get Babylon for free, he bought the Deluxe edition. He also did not say he got it for free...

I pre-ordered Deluxe edition from steam and paid 54,99 EUR. I got Babylon and later Mongols for free like everyone else. And 54,99 EUR is all I paid so far... What other dlc are you talking about? There was Babylon as part of deluxe, later available to everyone for 5 bucks and then there were Mongols for free.

Is the patch out yet? I heard the patch was out before the DLC (and the DLC is tomorrow).

Once the game improves a few more people (myself included) would happily pay for content they can use in a great game they'll be playing for years.

Otherwise 2K/Firaxis are peeing in the wind.

The patch may not have been out when you posted (do not know that either way), but it definitely is out now.

Is the patch out yet? I heard the patch was out before the DLC (and the DLC is tomorrow).

Once the game improves a few more people (myself included) would happily pay for content they can use in a great game they'll be playing for years.

Otherwise 2K/Firaxis are peeing in the wind.

the patch has alot of changes. AI actually took some of my cities on prince (I admit I'm not that good but thtas a first). hope you like it.

So... when this DLC is gonna pop up in steam exactly? It's 16th for some time now...

Agreed, DLC makes it more expensive to get the same amount of expansion, as it is split into pieces which are somewhat overpriced compared to an expansion.

You should check your facts before stating something like that, Aztecs are South American.

Aren't Aztecs Central American?

Aren't Aztecs Central American?

Actually more North American. Aztec empire was mainly in what is now Mexico. Mexico is in North America.

Has the information been released on what the Spanish UU and UB are/do yet? That is a big factor on if I'll buy a DLC and I can't readily find that information.

I like the DLC/Scenario- I ordered D2D pre-order so it's free for me at least. I tried out the 1492 scenario that comes with it. Impressive, research tech tree is different, and effective. If you research Imperialism you gain The Conquistador which is a pretty cool unit, it's both a settler and a combat unit in one! Plus there's other techs like "Treasure Fleet" which allows you to have defensive capability on any embarked unit. But I get to really have fun with it this weekend!

Top Bottom