Viking Leaderhead

Joe Cool

Hammertime
(Real original, I know)

My first leaderhead/really anything for Civ3. I named him Beowulf because of the ship in the background, but he's really just another generic Viking. Both static and animated flics included. I'll try and get around to making a king unit, but don't hold your breath.

DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• Angry.jpg
    Angry.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,553
Welcome to CFC!

Looks great Joe, but for some reason it won't let me download, says:

vBulletin Message
Pounder, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

Maybe a mod could comment on why.

He's been here less than 5 days and hjas made less than 5 posts, I think files by people meeting such conditions go to the moderation queue automatically.

For now, it's downloadable and four people have DL'd it already.

Ok I could finally download it. Two remarks to the author: Joe Cool, this is a very nice first try for a very decent leaderhead. But you can't have the sword and shield appearing and disappearing like this. In game when you'd sign up a peace treaty with Beowulf, you will see them flashing like magic items or something :eek: There's also something strange with the palette I think, but cannot tell what it is. Has to do with the flic conversion or something. Anyway keep on working on your leaderheads Joe Cool, it's the key to success :)

EDIT: here's what I'm talking about:

Thanks for the tip on the sword and shield themanuneed. But when I use these flics in my game, the palette seems to work fine. It doesn't have the noise that your image does. Does anybody know what could be causing it? And does it do it with both flics? I'll try and re-render it, but I think I lost my camera settings. I'll get back to you, and thanks again for the tips.

I think so, until you achieve the post-barrier. Maybe posting somewhere in the civIII section or in Site Feedback to boost your PC would help.

Thanks, but from I what I understand of the rules (I just checked), I have to have had my account for at least 5 days to avoid the moderation queue, so I guess I'll wait till tomorrow to upload the new flics.

Joe Cool, did you fix the sword and shield stuff with these new flics ? Oh and BTW welcome to this forum (I didn't say it earlier) and have a nice 5th day here :)

Top Bottom