Winter Terrain Pack

Balthasar

Wise Man

Well I just couldn't avoid getting in on the fun everyone's having with Winter Graphics. I've had the major elements of this (like the trees) on my desktop for some time; it just took Ogedei and Tom (and King Arthur's timely memory) to finally spur me to finish it. I owe them all many thanks for the timely nudge. I also owe credit to the following creators: the mountains are from the fireaxis set (re-colored), the Volcanoes were recolored from a recently re-discovered expansion pack by embryodead.. The rivers are a re-work of Pounder's Wide Mouth Rivers. I've included Ogedei's North Pole cities and Tom2050's Snow fireworks because they're too cool (and too useful) to exclude, and I sure couldn't do any better....

Some of the graphics for this come from a file I found online titled, "JTCS meets PG3D Cold War". I have no idea who made those, but they have my grateful thanks anyway.

Some Screenies:

Lush Jungle-forests. If you spot fish in the trees you aren't seeing things; that little oops has been rectified...

We don't have middle-eastern snowy cities anywhere!

The download is >here<.

Bloody beautiful even if I have no use for it&#8230; as of now. :hatsoff:

Now we have a real Winter Terrain ,which really makes me to use it as "Winter Standard". :goodjob:
There is a reason why I like all of your Terrains and Interfaces : Top notch !
:snowgrin:

WoW! how did i miss this one.

Snagged fer shure!.

I admit that my eyes are not as young as they used to be but I am finding it very difficult to see the white (unit) cursor on the white snow. is it possible to change it to a brighter colour?

There is a civ color circle in preferences screen. Forget what it's called. But changing inner circle and arrow is something else:crazyeye:.

I have that ticked but it changes to white when it is the 'active' unit. I can use centre to find the unit... just being lazy I guess.

I am really enjoying this graphics pack. It will be my terrain mod until at least March. But then I will have to choose from at least 3 others :crazyeye: fer shure.

Maybe a spring set will appear at some point....:mischief:

Glad you like the set. Be sure to replace the pollution graphics with the Volcano Pollution from my sig line, and don't forget the other great winter graphics that have been made recently!

yes, I grabbed the pollution file. i think I am going to put my Round Railroads into the file though. The *are* railroads to me now. Thank you for this - it adds some fun to a great game.

I switched the EURO cities to the Santa's village one but only the English got those cities. My Germans apparently are not European :lol:

Top Bottom