My Huge (and Funny) Polish Empire [ROM+AND+HAND...]

Fanatic Noob

King of Noobism
I am motivated to repost my screen grabs here, as I posted them before in vanila Civ screen grab thread and they not found them interesting and not liked so much those mods ;)

My biggest city in my current (ROM+AND+HAND+Polish Empire+Custom Leaderheads+Civ1 style earth map edited a bit by me) game:

Still growing, still free plots to work on on 3 plots radius city size:

Current map of Empires and all Leaders (some of them are vasalized - Obama for example, but not Chinese and Incas):

(I changed them a bit later after restaring game via WB)

Europe connected with North America via set of sea tunnels (from Europe via Britain via Iceland via Greenland)

Europe in whole look, with all many special resources. Conquered long ago Rome (bye Benito). Capital city Cracov is building canary while lack of food, largest city here also (now 64 population) and on left part of City Warsaw (46 pop) and 5 turns to WTC wonder. 5 turns for Internet in other not visible here city, and notice Great Prophet in middle of map glowing white near salt resource.

New screenshots after game restarting via WB because of latitude bug (done by my mistake) so I was not able to build satelities or space elevator, now I can, as I fixed bug via notepad, also changed some leaders to new ones taking the opportunity of restarting game fully.

City Lodz can produce 3 Eeast West Traders Executive in one turn:

Lets build Hydroponics Labs everywhere and plant hemps:

He is really in friendly mod now:

But after some hemps trading he changed his mind:

We are really happy from our new Nanite Defuser in Wroclaw, now we can start build nukes everywhere without woring that someone would defuse them in future:

Satelites flying above the cities almost everywhere now:

Look at Middle America bases and Cuba:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Two of my cities passed 100 in size and they still growing.

Also I noted that game creators not predicted that someone will mod game so much to allow cities grow to 100 or more, as number now is bit on the circle where is placed.

Graphics of this city looks interesting, like there only plain buildings and nothing else build in that. Also 57 is not so huge comparing to my ROM+AND+HAND >100 pop cities. Well 79 now because I was build now Ascension Gate (-30 pop in all cities - scientific victory points for Mastery, golden age +100% length, golden age start)

Top 5 cities before Ascension:

Top 5 cities after Ascension:

Graphs change:

Note huge loss of normal score (about -5725 points), Gnp twice, as few turns ago I changed civics to M.A.D. (military) and Economy to green from free market. Also huge crop yield lost, but I think cities will now grow very fast, as they pop +1 every turn because of huge food surplus in storages. Now I get +252 points in one turn, so 22 turns and I should have my 15k normal points back :)

This city really needs this marble, or perhaps their space station (look at space elevator) the same with their wheat and horses (on left) :)

Good Workers < Hard Workers < Android Workers!
(avi from this would be more fun, but it is 12 mb, so I would have to upload it to youtube, but they android workers using their hammers pretty funny fast!) And Mercenary keeping eye on them ;)

I was bored, so I did little map:

Europe is divided by lines showing which plot belongs to which city (I miss this feature in Civ4, so I had to do it by hand - maybe some modmods for that?). Note that Elbl&#261;g (13 pop) have two plots more. One trade market that is up-left belongs to Elbl&#261;g, not to Szczecin (42) I did lines by mistake, as this plot is still not worked. 2nd plot for Elb&#261;g is 3 plots to right from Elbl&#261;g but this city must grow to Influential to be able to work it. Also I marked by "X" plot where in next turn should I build next city, as 5 plots there are still free (yes, I know I am greedy :D )

By the way I claim City of Kraków (74 pop) with all it's plots, it is government and technological capital of Polish Empire. Any other Claims? ;D

Also I get enough motivation I will write more about my empire, maybe some history and so on. And post also more screens.

Also I have one question to people who are deep in ROM+AND. Maybe someone knows why I cannot build UN special units and national wonders? I think they were available in plain ROM, but not after I installed AND on it... :( I miss them a bit. Most of things about UN expansion is gone from Civilizopedia but when for example I read about Globalization it gives info that this tech allows Humvee and UN Motorized infantry, but where is this UN Motorized infantry?? They are gone! :( Now I know answer thanx to generalstaff in other thread! So you can all ignore this question :)

But I love my big cities :) Also if I build Ascension Gate they must be huge and prepared to lost 30 pop, like from 100 to 70 so it have not so enormous impact on them ;)

In year of 1847 (of my timeline) half of the World was eaten by huge cookie eating monster due to World Builder bug...

Now I found huge bug in World Builder or ROM. I was like to save World in WB every some turns, and now I figured that all saves AFTER I finished Eden Project are not complete. It saves about half of map only and it stops. Those saves of course are useless. Now if I want to upgrade game by World Builder by adding modmods, or just save a scenario, I cannot :(

Map is
BeginMap
grid width=80
grid height=50

but saves end at: 1st
x=32,y=23
RouteType=ROUTE_JUMPLANE
TerrainType=TERRAIN_DESERT
PlotType=2
BeginUnit
UnitType=UNIT_WORKER_ANDROID, UnitOwner=0
UnitName=Android 3 (Rybnik)
Damage=0
Level=1, Experience=0
FacingDirection=7
UnitAIType=UNITAI_WORKER
EndUnit
BeginUnit
2nd
BeginPlot
x=33,y=17
BonusType=BONUS_OIL
TerrainType=TERRAIN_COAST
PlotType=3
TeamReveal=0,1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,13,16,17,

3rd
x=30,y=19
TerrainType=TERRAIN_PLAINS
PlotType=2
BeginUnit
and last one:
BeginPlot
x=30,y=17
TerrainType=TERRAIN_COAST
PlotType=3
TeamReveal=0,1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,13,16

Anyone knows what can be a problem? Does anyone had the same problem maybe and fixed??

Problem fixed.

History of Polish Empire - Part I

It is how we started in 6000BC. Settler and scout in Central Europe near Baltic Sea.

Capital city of Kraków established. Building his first worker in 4760BC. Scout doing his exploration in Eurasia. We meet already Romans, Persians, Indians, and Chinese.

Kraków 4pop having health problem already. Warsaw founded. 3rd settler going to establish 3rd city. Large part of Africa explored.

Near to Stonehenge, but Inca finished it in 2040BC, before us. 3rd city (&#321;ód&#378;) established. Health problems of Kraków solved. Galley doing their trip to America via Greenland connection.

Quick look at our American Friends. They are established pretty well.

Europe in one look. Wroc&#322;aw (1pop) established. Oracle is going to be build in Kraków. Finished in 1040BC.

Anarchy at year 986BC it was due of small rebellion in Warsaw as I remember.

This guy knows what to do. City of Kraków have walls already.

First true roads instead of paths. Also our Capital City is going to build Great Wall v1. And we going well with Polish Brewery.

Romans must not like us now so much because Great Wall v1. The hanging gardens near to complete.

East borders at 524 BC.

Graphs from this part of game.

To be continued...

History of Polish Empire - Part II

Ancient world seen from outer space.

View of Capital City with Hanging Gardens and Great Library.

An anarchy happened again, and our crazy historians decided to count years from start once again.

We decided also to found our first oversea colony in distant land in this year.

Very good news. Our little Siamese vassal decided to join with their two cities our Empire.

Ethiopian vassal also joined our land with their one city.

West Europe and score table.

Persians went to war with us, and they lost Tarsus.

Those two pikemans extend and protect our territory claims.

Lublin was founded to give this part of our Empire access to sea.

Those guys from Szczecin really must hate crime.

Top 5 cities at this point of history. 3/5 are Polish of them.

To be continued...

History of Polish Empire - Part III

It is what happens when someone mess with us...

...or with our American vassals. We razzed Iroquois capital city, they surrendered, later we found our own city on the ruins.

Our cities grow big and strong, Rome is also now ours. Mayas decided to give back Uxmal, their colony, to right full owners.

Next razzed city. Good terrain so we occupy it to found new city later.

There was Native American revolt on Greenland. We liberated both cities, and gave one of them back to American vassal.

Cities of Industrial Era with bit obsolete units.

Weird Polish-Persian border.

Capital City of Modern Era.

City of Gdynia founded some time ago on razzed Persian City.

Three modern cities passed 40 of population.

OK, lets go back to the future. (clone workers, fireworks)

Top Bottom