The Next Empire

I've always assumed that it is not done, particularly in relation to military manoeuvres and for optimising unit movements through unmapped terrain. This is the case in the Call to Power community on Apolyton.

That said, I do occasionally reload a turn, when I hit end turn and remember "Oh, I was going to change production in that city" or "Damn, I meant to change civics that turn". When I do that I repeat all my unit movements verbatim.

Having said that, and although I believe it is in the spirit of the game to not reload (being a chess player - you touch it, you move it, you let it go, it stays where it is) I am happy to play otherwise if it is previously agreed to and known by all players.

To me, this game in particular is different because the main aim is story telling.

I play some pbem games where reloading is explicitly discussed and all human players do it - note that this is rare/

Well, sadly Deztro has informed me he is not going to continue in this game.

In my first post considering this situation I just wanted to get clarification from the community how this situation was looked upon; without mentioning his name or referring to this game…
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=416790

Sadly things got out of hand from there…

Now the question remains: How shall we continue from here?

And I hope you will all speak up..

Options:
1) we replace him with another player and find some solution for the ongoing war and it’s results so far
2) we turn the clock back a couple of turns (pre war?) and find another player
3) we restart a fresh game
4) another suggestion..

As long as there is no new random seed at reload I´m ok with reloads.

I´ll go for option 1, or try to get Deztro back.

Personally, I don't reload even if I make mistake. I just make do. With regards to others doing
it, it doesn't bother me but it is right that they should declare it. In any case, it's not something that you can really monitor. I don't have a decision in regards to the above situation.

I looked some more into it:

and if we go back to the turn of 3360 (3 turns ago) and I'll offer peace to the new player.

Then the game can start fresh, with a clean slate for the new player and for me, with as little disturbance as possible to you guys..

Yeah I've got the turn, wont be able to play it till late tonight at the earliest, going for a curry with my Mum this evening.

I need a password for the save...

3360BC to Michkov.

Make sure you delete any saves from 3360BC onwards before opening saves from now on.

I was expecting 10 turns of peace it seems the save is before any war breaks out.

Is it possible to go back to the previous game turn tempo? :please:

Before Deztro left us we were at a quite steady one round per 2 days pace.
Of course we had to restart some things, but now we should be able to get back on track ;)

I got the save but I had to send it back - it was telling me that it was someone else's turn. Remember - when replaying turns, you must delete the previous save.

OK. Got the save this morning but was in a rush.

Am going to play it after the football.

Top Bottom