SGOTM 13 - T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't

Lurking...:popcorn:

To the people okay with using the flying camera 'trick': then you also don't mind me mapping the entire map precisely with the 'radar trick' for the next game. It's also in the game and can't be policed. I could easily train the entire team to work on it and have it done in a day or two...but is this the game we play?

Lurking...:popcorn:

To the people okay with using the flying camera 'trick': then you also don't mind me mapping the entire map precisely with the 'radar trick' for the next game. It's also in the game and can't be policed. I could easily train the entire team to work on it and have it done in a day or two...but is this the game we play?

Perhaps they should just reveal the entire map to us before we start. :lol::lol:

I think there has to be some kind of common sense on this matter. Is there any way buffy mod could disable the flying camera/ radar trick?

Perhaps they should just reveal the entire map to us before we start. :lol::lol:

I think there has to be some kind of common sense on this matter. Is there any way buffy mod could disable the flying camera/ radar trick?

From what I've read, it's a matter of EXE and can't be fixed with the mod. There is a common sense on the matter, gentleman's agreement not to use it. ;)

What's the "radar" trick?

It's an exploit discovered a few SGOTM games ago by ZPV in team Murky Waters. It's possible to deduce whether a tile is a peak, hill, flat terrain or water by examining the slopes of go-to arrows. Who needs flying camera if you want to know where to send that wb? ;)

OK, guys - the final results are posted. It was fun, but it think I see some room for improvement. :lol:

I, for one, can't wait for the next one.

And... I got the job. :goodjob:

You know, that idea isn't all that bad. It would be hard to complain about not having found the Silver Resource, the last location of the Fallout, the Gold Resource, etc, if we knew where they all were from the start. Perhaps not even the entire map need be revealed but "enough of the important info" could be revealed before the game begins.

Of course, if we were given full the World Map, the AIs should probably also be given full World Maps, too, to help them in competing with teams for the settling locations.

Congrats to team T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't (did I spell that correctly? ;))! An early 1700s AD Domination Victory on an Archipelego-type of map is a worthy accomplishment of which to be proud! I mean it sincerely, as I have yet to achieve such a result.

You know, that idea isn't all that bad. It would be hard to complain about not having found the Silver Resource, the last location of the Fallout, the Gold Resource, etc, if we knew where they all were from the start. Perhaps not even the entire map need be revealed but "enough of the important info" could be revealed before the game begins.

I agree that it's not a bad idea. I always preferred to play AoE with the map already explored. It takes away an element of the game, true. But it made the game more enjoyable for me. It also might be part of the reason I have such bad exploration in civ, :(.

Congrats to team T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't (did I spell that correctly? ;))! An early 1700s AD Domination Victory on an Archipelego-type of map is a worthy accomplishment of which to be proud! I mean it sincerely, as I have yet to achieve such a result.

We take it sincerely! I think it's worth pointing out that we played an emperor game with a nontrivial start and were never even remotely concerned with losing. I definitely remember the times when winning on Emperor difficulty was not a given for me.

OK, guys - the final results are posted. It was fun, but it think I see some room for improvement. :lol:

I, for one, can't wait for the next one.

And... I got the job. :goodjob:

Agreed, on all counts.

Awesome about the job, I hope you negotiated at least 1 hour a day Civ4 playing/analysis. :goodjob:

We take it sincerely! I think it's worth pointing out that we played an emperor game with a nontrivial start and were never even remotely concerned with losing. I definitely remember the times when winning on Emperor difficulty was not a given for me.

Yep, me too. My first post in a bOTM, a few years back was exclaiming my joy at beating Emperor for the first time.

edit: just looking at the results, we actually got 5th highest score, out of 11 teams, so thats not too shabby.

Awesome about the job, I hope you negotiated at least 1 hour a day Civ4 playing/analysis. :goodjob:

Well, they are paying me to do analysis, so... :mischief:

Yep, me too. My first post in a bOTM, a few years back was exclaiming my joy at beating Emperor for the first time.

My Civ4 playing fell off a bit during this game, mostly due to RL factors (like the job search) and mucking about with Civ5. I've decided I'm done with Civ5 for now. My game playing time is limited, and it is supremely frustrating to have half the game mechanics changed every few months when they release a new patch. I'm going to stick with Civ4 and try to improve beyond Emperor (although some of the games in the HoF challenge series are proving to me it might need to work on Monarch again).

Well done guys, and congratulations on the job !
I definitely hope to continue playing the next one with you.
Hey, don't we get the cow ? we have the highest base score according to the graph !

Hey guys!

Good news: New SGOTM sign up is open!

Bad news: Neil designed the map so he is disqualified from playing (obviously). :( (Congrats, again, Neil! ;))

Sorry guys. I did want to play, but we also needed someone to set it up.

If the team is still around next time I'm definitely in. Good luck :thumbsup:

Its not looking good for you Trystero. You might want to think about another team for this one.

But I will still expect you back for #15.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I'm actually debating whether to sit this one out. Getting settled at my new job is severely cutting in to my Civ4 time. I started BOTM43 but didn't have time to finish.

Fair enough, keep your powder dry for the next one.

Hey guys, I had no idea that another game was starting so soon! :eek:. I too am and have been super busy. So I think that I'm going to sit this game out and maybe silently lurk some teams when I have time. I expect you all back for 15, so I'll see everybody then!

And congrats Neil on setting up the new game, that's quite the honor, I hope you didn't make it too tough on them.

Guys, you're going to have to merge, join another team, or sit this one out.

I will reiterate that I want you all back for #15. :) (becaue I am not setting up the next one)

I will sit this one out since I just found out my job is going to send me to Europe for a couple of weeks. I will be back for SGOTM15.

I hope its somewhere nice.....

Top Bottom