pigswill

fly (one day)
Bts 3.19 (no mods).

Earth 18 Mapscript.

Leader Tokugawa of Japan.

Level Emperor

Gamespeed Epic

Variants:

All foreigners are barbarians- chinese barbarians, american barbarians, barbarian barbarians, they're all barbarians. We despise barbarians but we fear them.

Victory: conquest or domination (all enabled).

All captured cities must be razed. It doesn't matter if Rome has three shrines and seven wonders, its still a barbarian city.

No open borders ever (if forced by AP or UN then we defy them then destroy their barbarian hosts asap).

No tech trading for us (the barbarians can trade between themselves as much as they like). We'll never surrender our secrets (stealing technologies or extorting them for a temporary peace is fine).

Anyone interested?

Build a great wall in Japan and shut off research at alpha? ;)

Could be fun, recently we did regular conquest with Japan on the 1000AD earth map in RR11, might be interesting to see how this works out in comparison. :)

Sounds cool Pigswill, though the map is too big for me...maybe another time ;)

The phants in south east asia should be usefull here :mischief:
Good luck with this one folks!

Ras

A volunteer! Welcome cripp7.

And someone claiming that size does matteRRR !

I could give a knack in this ... just put me in the end of the roster. I know enough of the map to navigate well in there and I assume that the burned ground policy will maintain the game in a tolerable pace , RRR :p

P.S Flipped cities are kosher ? I assume not :p

I assume that the burned ground policy will maintain the game in a tolerable pace , RRR :p

You are the devil's advocate :mad: I guess I can join if you guys don't have a minimum roster :mischief: (beside, I know the map by heart too :goodjob:)

@Pigswill: :lol:

@Alexius08: ordinary barbs will not be raging, butwe'll try our hardest to annoy the 'civilised' barbs. Is this an idle query or an expression of interest?

@ r rolo1. A hearty welcome to the warmonger extraordinaire! Flipped cities? You think we'll have time for culture?

@ RRRasolkinikov. Welcome, let's go conquer the woRRRld!

We're almost quorate. Time to start debating level and speed. I'd go for epic, normal's a bit slow for a huge map, marathon skews the game too much in favour of warmongering. Immortal's a bit daunting for me still, emperor perhaps? Maybe wait a couple of days to see if anyone else is phoolish enough to join in ( and I've got a set to play in sgotm).

Not sure if you interpreted it that way, but I intended my post as a sing-up. :mischief:

I think normal speed would be workeable too, but epic is fine. Not sure how tough the variant proves to be, might depend a bit on whether you intend this to be a spy-heavy game. I guess emperor would be ok, if that won't be too boring for the likes of RRR and rolo. :)

Warmonger extraordinaire , moi ? I'm a peaceful guy, especially in civ ... but if you have to war, better make it a efficient war :p Btw, take my comment on the flipped cities as a devil's advocate argument :D

I'm ok with any level, but I think epic is OK for speed. The map is quite big and if you want to raze everything you need to go there first...

@nocho. Of course you're in, I need as many decent players as possible to compensate for my ineptitude.

epic is fine by me. Ais start with warriors and we know the map so we can prolly play a bit higher than the usual confort level. Though I won't mind emperor. epic/something is fine by me :goodjob:

any hint on how to start? I like settling near Korea with Toku then grab the northern copper (settling on it iirc) with a second settler (third city). It allows for a continental slave center.

There is always the option of settling in Central china shore to block further settling of the area by the chinese, but that might not be viable, depending on the level.

Yeah, I reckon the spot near marble is great... maybe we can get both? :D

i wonder if there's a spot still open...

can't seem to find a rooster

A rooster? I was waiting for some chickens!

pigswill
nocho
cripp7
RRRaslkolnikov
Alexius08? (pending positive confirmation)
pholkhero
r rolo1

Emperor epic it is.

In terms of getting started I was thinking of SIP with second city on silver. There are so many ridiculously good sites in east Asia that we don't need to think about cramming cities.

Given that we aren't going to capture any Wonders we need to figure which we really need fairly early on. I'm thinking about Glight after second city then off to China, maybe stomp Qin leaving Beijing till last to discourage Mongol incursions down south.

On the other hand there's lots of options....

I'm not very familiar with the map, but I would guess it would be a good idea to settle some cities on the mainland asap.

Sorry for insisting, but I would like to know if with the self-imposed no tech trading restriction we want to go spy-heavy. If so, we'll need a nice big wall rather soon.

Top Bottom