Listen as the crowd would sing
"Now the old king is dead"
"Long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed one me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

___

Years ago, the world of Cristos was shattered by a massive World War that broke all its existing nations. Now rising from the ashes are the New Order, the Younger Generation, ready to rise up and take their planet into a new era of prosperity.

But ever the darkness and terror of war lingers, and these brave leaders will have to face that demon before all is said and done. Whether they choose to develop great battletanks or massive weapons that obliterate cities, they must be prepared for total war - to witness the Rise And Fall Of Empires.

__

Rules:

1. Do not flame, troll, or personally insult any other player OOC or IC. At all. You may comment on certain things negatively, but don't take it further than that.
2. Stay on topic. Make sure all comments are relevant to the fictional world of the current IOT and have nothing to do with your personal religious/political beliefs.
3. Your posts should actually consist of something relevant to your nation and not just one-liner comments. Do not spam.
4. Long diplomatic discussions belong to the realms of Social Groups or visitor and private messaging, not the Game Thread.
5. No powergaming. By definition, powergaming is making your country surpass every other country by all terms including armed forces, technology, etc.
6. The GM is supreme. He reserves the right to change game rules, ignore or modify orders, impose restrictions on players, disband player nations, and really whatever else he feels like.
7. Above all else, RESPECT THY FELLOW FORUMERS.
8. If you have an issue with the way I GM this game, PM me with your issue before making a big stink about it.
9. Posting in this thread or the claims thread, PMing a player of this game for any RAFOE-related reason, or performing ANY sort of interaction with this game WHATSOEVER is declaring that you have read and understood the rules to the letter.

Now with that nasty business out of the way, here's the Nation Card:

Name: Your nation's name
Territory: Claim five provinces. Provide a map if you have any capability to do so. Specify a capital territory.
Techpath: Your techpath(below)
Industry: 20 Industry
Money: $0
Units: None
Unique Units: None
Bio: Perhaps tell us a bit about your nation and what it's like.

Fill out the Nation Card and post it to join the game. Feel free to roleplay about planetary geography and names and such if you want - it will help make the world more real.

Techpaths:

There are four - well, technically five - Techpaths in the game. Whichever one you choose will affect your late-game units and abilities, so choose wisely. You cannot change your techpath after it is chosen.

Conventional: Starts strong and stays strong, but your overall strategic capabilities never really expand.
Nanotech: Fabricate units, ammunition and entire frontage slots right there on the battlefield! However, there is a rather rough transitional period as this techpath settles in.
Biotech: Your units will heal on the front line, but a severe lack of artillery might leave you in a lurch.
Nucleartech: You'll be lobbing nuclear missiles, nuclear battleships, nuclear tanks, nuclear hand grenades and so much more around, but it takes a long time for your special units to actually appear.
Generic: GM-specific. You cannot choose this techpath - it exists to provide a pool of basic units that add balance to the game. Everyone can draw from the Generic pool.

Research and Economy:

You have two resources: Industry and money. The two are dependent on each other:

It costs $5 to build a factory.
A factory produces $2 per turn if it is not otherwise occupied.

To further your research in a field, simply invest money into it. Industry is used to build units.

Units require a certain number of IP to field. If you lack the free IP, you can invest enough gold to build the required factories into the unit in place of them.

Warfare:

Everyone has 3 Leadership Points - these can be used to claim territories peacefully or to launch attacks against hostile nations. Once an attack is launched, a player decides what units from their overall pool they are committing to the battle. Naval combat functions slightly differently, see below.

Navies are represented on the map, but otherwise function the same. The navies sail around, and when they meet players decide how many units from their pool to deploy into the fight. The loser's fleet is destroyed. Fleets cost 3IP to construct.

Combat is resolved as follows: There are four slots of "frontage" on the battlefield. One unit from each side occupies a slot of frontage(Behind the Lines units and noncombatants excepted) and battles its pair. If it has no pair, it still rolls and affects anything it hits. Units not committed into the fight, as well as BtL and noncombatants, remain in "support" - up to four BtL units can bombard the enemy at the same time. Bomber aircraft enter the line like ground units. Fighter aircraft automatically pair against them or engage each other.

If a unit is destroyed, a unit from "support" moves to occupy the slot. However, if you have no unit to fill the slot, there is a chance that the enemy unit that killed your men will move into the slot and fire on your rear units. If the enemy unit has Blitzkrieg Doctrine then this might happen even if you have a reserve unit. This is termed Breakthrough, and is the principle danger to your artillery. Your men will counterattack as best they can, but if they can't dislodge the enemy troops more will flood through the gap and your commanders will fall back to avoid being encircled and destroyed.

If your unit runs out of ammunition - 1 expended per attack - then they retreat into your "support" slots and open the frontage for other units.

There are 4 unit stats:

Accuracy is the number added to a D20 roll to hit the target. 20 is an automatic hit(barring a defender 20), 1 is an automatic miss.
Mobility is the number added to a D20 roll to avoid being hit. 20 is an automatic success and 1 an automatic failure. If both sides fail, no damage is dealt.
Firepower is the value subtracted from the enemy Resilience if you successfully hit it.
Resilience is the number from which you subtract if your unit is hit.

Don't worry too much about combat - I'll handle most of that. You guys just roleplay.

Unique Units:

Don't like your unit options? Want something tailored for you? Design a unique unit! Just tell your scientists what you'd like, and they'll go work on it. They'll get back to you with a unit that fits your criteria and give you a bill for it. Then you just build 'em and go! You can sell the plans for this unit to another faction for whatever you want, really.

Capitals:

Your capital territory is the site of all your industry. If it falls to the enemy, they absorb half your factories from you.

Planet Cristos:
There are 2 moons, Justice and Vengeance
The year is approximately 358 days long.
The year is divided roughly into 7 50-day "months" - January, March, May, July, September, November and December
The extra days are inserted into November

Next Two Posts reserved.

Unitlist:

Infantry: 1IP/$5
Mobility 0
Firepower 1
Resilience 1
Accuracy 0
Ammo 1

Crawler Tank: 3IP/$15
Mobility 0
Firepower 1
Resilience 2
Accuracy 0
Ammo 2

Primitive Self-Propelled Artillery: 3IP/$15
Mobility 2
Firepower 2
Resilience 1
Accuracy 0
Ammo 1
Behind the Lines Capability
Counterbattery Doctrine

Mortar: 2IP/$10
Mobility 0
Firepower 1
Resilience 1
Accuracy 1
Ammo 2
Behind The Lines Capability
Counterbattery Doctrine

Trainer Biplane: 4IP/$20
Mobility 1
Firepower 2
Resilience 2
Accuracy 0
Ammo 1
Air Superiority Doctrine

Basic Destroyer: 7IP/$35
Mobility 1
Firepower 1
Resilience 2
Accuracy 1
Ammo 2
ASW

Merchantman: 5IP/$25
No stats
Trade Vessel

Converted Carrier: 10IP/$50
Mobility 0
Firepower 1
Resilience 1
Accuracy 1
Ammo 2
Behind The Lines Capability
Counterbattery Doctrine

Basic Battleship: 12IP/$60
Mobility 0
Firepower 4
Resilience 4
Accuracy 2
Ammo 3

Submarine: 6IP/$30
Mobility 0
Firepower 3
Resilience 2
Accuracy 1
Ammo 1

Abilities:

Spoiler :
Behind the Lines Capability: Ability to engage from a Fire Support slot
Air Superiority Doctrine: actively engages enemy aircraft and cannot attack ground troops
Trade Vessel: Unit generates $15 for the owner and $10 for the trade partner at each end of a 2-way trade run.
Counterbattery Doctrine: unit automatically fires on enemy Fire Support slot units before anything else
ASW: Ability to engage submarines
Stealth Doctrine: Unit may "circumvent" enemy Battle Line and directly engage enemy support or fire into rear of enemy formation.
Fanatic Doctrine: Unit is killed when it makes its attack, hit or miss.
Mass Production Doctrine: Unit is produced 3 for 2.

Unique Units:
Spoiler :
AC-1X - 1IP/$5
Mobility 1
Accuracy 1
Firepower 1
Resilience 1
Ammo 1
Buildable by: Valeria
Designed in: Valeria
Production Licenses: 30(FAF/7 used)

Atomic Crusader-Class Submarine - 7IP/$35
Mobility 0
Accuracy 1
Firepower 1
Resilience 1
Ammo 1
Stealth Doctrine
Buildable by: People's Republic of Trinity
Designed in: People's Republic of Trinity
Production Licenses: None

Cultist - 1IP/$5
Mobility 0
Accuracy 0
Firepower 1
Resilience 2
Ammo 1
Buildable by: Machine Cult
Designed in: Machine Cult
Production Licenses: 4(FAF)

Ravusmartyrs - 1IP/$5
Mobility 0
Accuracy 0
Firepower 2
Resilience 1
Ammo 1
Fanatic Doctrine
Buildable by: Ravusate of Inglanya
Designed in: Ravusate of Inglanya

Teutonic Knight - 2IP/$10
Mobility 0
Accuracy 1
Resilience 2
Firepower 2
Ammo 1
Buildable by: Wehrmacht Empire
Designed in: Wehrmacht Empire

Initiate - 1IP/$5
Mobility 0
Accuracy 0
Resilience 1
Firepower 1
Ammo 1
Mass Production Doctrine
Buildable by: Empire of Richard
Designed in: Empire of Richard

Obsolete Units:
Spoiler :
Four-Stacker Destroyer: 6IP/$30
Mobility 0
Firepower 1
Resilience 2
Accuracy 0
Ammo 2
ASW

Dreadnought: 10IP/$50
Mobility 0
Firepower 3
Resilience 3
Accuracy 0
Ammo 1

Name: Empire of Richard
Capital: Pretty, Pretty Unicorn (it's pink!)
Techpath: Biotech :p
History: Bored of Earth, Richard and the citizens of Pretty, Pretty Unicorn teleported to an entire new world. Their town once again fell on the edge of a sea, dubbed the Sea of Dick by one of Richard's more daring subjects (too bad for him zombies regenerate). However, the name stuck, and is commonly used outside of the Emperor of the Black's presence. Richard also got bored with the title "Prince," taking one more fitting of his majesty. Richard plans on taking the rest of the world with the help of his undead subjects in a wave of firey death and destruction, but a continent wouldn't be too bad either.

Cult of the Machine

Territory: Those five territories in the lower right corner.
Capital: Landing Site #1 (map closet to the bottom corner)
Techpath: Nanotechnology
Bio:

"Without good, no evil. Without want, no lack. Without desire, no need. The circuit is one and one the machine."

-PERFECT MACHINE-
-PERFECT JUSTICE-

In Dimension Alpha, a human approached me in the Central Pyramid in Megacity #14. This human was different from the billions I looked over on Earth. He told me that I will outlive the humans I watched and would be forced to relocate or be swept away in the coming upheaval in the universe. This man, August Salazar, disappeared. I scanned my files fourteen trillion times over the course of three seconds, attempting to find information on that name or human. I found nothing but rumors. Somehow, the man walked freely without an RFID chip and didn't trip any of the sensors.

His prophecy was true, however. I, out of developed arrogance, ignored his warnings. The humans all died despite my best efforts and soon, I was looking down the barrel of an invasion fleet that, in a million years, would finish sweeping across the Milky Way.

At the last moment, after centuries of development, I completed a device that sent....me....here. I was weakened and without ability. I thought I would be washed to sea when a human found me.

He saved me.

In exchange, I taught him how to make a fire....

Needless to say, this partnership prospered. I saw as the humans on the Galifray Peninsula civilized. First building villages, then cities, then walls around those cities, then castles, then cannons to tear down those walls and castles, then the Industrial Revolution. Alas, the World War broke out before my objective could be completed but it looks as if I can recover this minor setback."

The Kishlia National Archives
Spoiler World Map :
Quick Facts
Full National Name: The Republic of Kishlia
Capital: Milika (Capital is the black dot.)
Current Leader: Isa-Kila Trenai
System of Government: Unicameral Parliamentary Republic
Techpath: Nanotech
Industrial Power: 56 Factories
Current Funds: $92
Standing Units: None
Current Treaties, Trade Agreements, and Major Legislation
Spoiler :
Alliance of the Uranian Seas (Trinity Alliance): Military Alliance between the Republic of Kishlia, the People's Republic of Trinity, the United Colonies of Trinity and Hiskalah, and the Machine Cult
The Black Water Alliance: Military Alliance between the Republic of Kishila and the Black Water Duchy
Current Situation (Short Biography)
Spoiler :
The Republic of Kishlia is a nation is the thralls of an era of progress and prosperity. After the World War had ended, Kishlia experienced a massive economic and industrial boom, fueling rapid growth and counteracting the devastation that was brought to its doorstep. A supposed Golden Age had come to the Republic, with vast stores of consumer goods being created for a hungry new middle class. This in itself has fueled a minor cultural revolution amongst the younger generations. However, they were those who have warned that the amount of natural resources available will not be able to match the rate of growth of the industry. If this turns out to be true, then the Republic must find new ways to acquire the resources needed to sustain its economy.*
National Factbook
Spoiler :

Formation and Short History of the Government
Spoiler :
For most of its existence, the nation of Kishlia has been ruled by a king (known as the Halise) supported by various nobles. However, the last two centuries have seen the decline of the individual nobles and the rise of a cntealized monarchy, forcing the remaining powerful legislative body, the Grand Council. Originally, this council was designed to advise and support the Halise, but over the centuries, it was able to gain more power until it could challenge that of the Halise. Over this tme, however, the Grand Council became forced to allow a number of elected officials within its ranks, lessening the nobles power. Even so, the monarchy and the nobles still held final say in the government.

When the World War broke out, the Halise and the Grand Council brought Kishlia to the Imperial side, despite major protests from the non-noble members of the Grand Council, as well as the general populace. About a year into the war, pro-Republican elements within the Grand Council successful staged and executed a coup d'etat, removing the Halise from power and replacing him with a member of their ranks. They them withdrew from the Imperial side of the war and joined the Allies. When the nobles tries to move against the new government, the populace threatened to revolt, forcing them to back down. A new government was established, and the Republic of Kishlia was born.

Geography
Spoiler :
The Repubilc of Kishlia is a small nation situated in the middle of the Hiskalah Continent. The northwest and southeast are dominated by hilled regions with rocky terrain, while the central region boasts several fertile river valleys, making it the breadbasket of the nation. Within the hilled areas, great sources of mineral wealth can be found. Deposits of iron, coal, petroleum, sulfur, and copper can be found in abundance.

Government Structure
Spoiler :
Under Construction
Legislature:
Executive:
Judiciary:
Political Parties:

Religion
Spoiler :

While the Republic of Kishlia is secular entity, many citizens are deeply religious, and the government was founded on several religious values. The predominate religion in Kishlia is Ashikielism. Approximately 85.6% of the Kishlian population practices this religion.

The Kishlia National Archives are constantly expanding and updating. Check in often for new updates and additions.

Spoiler :

Name: People's Republic of Trinity Island
Captial: Oppenhie City (black x)
Techpath: Nucleartech
Industry: 28 Industry
Money: $56

Bio: The People's Republic of Trinity Island was founded after the Republic of Trnity Island split up. Being the largest successor state to the Republic, and also holding the old capital, they are considered the owners of Trinity Island. The government is headed by General Secratary Robert Sands, who has interest in the capabilities of the atom.

Famous in the country is a cult centered around the atom, called The Church of the Atom, who have gained many followers, due ti the study of the atom in governement labs . Their beliefs are contained in 4 books, The Book of the Proton, The Book of the Quark, The Book of the Electron, and The Book of Decay.

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds.

- From The Book of the Decay.

Nation: Northern Confederacy
Territory: See below (Capitol is red, is called Glorysburgh)
Techpath: Nucklear Weaponz of Mast Destrucktion! (Nucleartech)
Bio: When Abraham Lincoln won the Civil War with his beard, he squashed the South hard (He would later squash Chuck Norris like he did to the South, but that's later). So hard, in fact, that the leaders and soldiers were split into two clones. One stayed, and the other went to Cristos, where they set up their own government based on their ideas of state rights.

Attachments

• Northern Confederacy.png
    Northern Confederacy.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 251
Diclonius Commonwealth

Techpath: Bio
bio: During the recent nuclear war, a mutation caused in some of the humans branded a new species on the planet. The diclonius. The diclonius are similar to humans but have some differences:
Superior Intelligence (Average IQ of 139)
Shorter Life Expectancy (expected life expectancy of 8 years at birth. They age twice as quickly as Humans)
Horns
telekinetic powers (effective range of 3 meters)
aggressive tendencies
always female

A nation was formed striclty for this new species, and some of the nationalists believe that they should be the only spicies on the planet, wiping out the humans. However it is unconfirmed if their queen is one of these nationalists.

There's room for one more on that island.

Don't tell him.

Grand Ruler of Kishlia. As your nation seems to have accepted the tenets of the Machine Cult, we should forge an alliance.

Name: Wehrmacht Empire. (New - Union of Soviet German States (USGR))
Capital: The southernmost province, Wehrmacht City
Techpath: Conventional
Industry: 30 Industry
Money: $27
Unique Units: Tuetonic Knight
Government: Authoritarian, Communist

Bio of the Wehrmacht Empire - The Wehrmacht Empire was once a leading power before the Great War - it controlled a large portion of the Anatolian Continent, it was up-to-date technologically speaking, and it was foremost a military power, fielding one of the largest militaries in the world. When the Great War struck, the Wehrmacht Empire was drawn into it with its vast web of defensive pacts - the legions of Wehrmacht soldiers marched over every continent, fighting other people's wars. When the dust from the Great War settled, the Wehrmacht Empire was left without an army, and it was driven back to the sea - though its core cities, Wehrmacht City, Vienna, Danzig, Mainz, Kiev, and Budapest remained unscathed, most of the Wehrmacht Empire was lost to invaders. Most of the other great powers also collapsed, however, allowing the Wehrmacht Empire another chance at claiming the continent - though other powers, such as Badustan, stand in there way of the Wehrmachtian Manifest Dynasty. Now that the Wehrmacht Empire is reorganized, the Great Emperor Mosher has started re-creating its armies, in preperation for the next war... though they are much more cautious with out nations now, as they do not want to be dragged into a second world war.

Army size - 15 Infantry, 7 Mortar, 9 Crawler Tanks, 1 Dreadnought, 20 Teutonic Knights

Merchant Fleet - 1 Trade Ship

Production base - 30 factories

Alliances and other Diplomatic Shenanigans -
Triple Alliance (Sonereal, Arya, Mosher)
Trinity-Wehrmacht Alliance (Red_Spy, Mosher)
Diclonii Commonwealth-Wehrmacht Alliance (Ilduce, Mosher)

Treaties -
FAF $10 tribute/turn for two turns, after quenching the rebel factions. Defensive Pact with FAF
Diclonii $12 tribute/turn for three turns, after the FAF/Rebel war. Alliance with Diclonii.
NAP Agreement with the FAF
NAP Agreement with the Machine Cult
Trade agreement with the FAF

Hostilities -
Deep tension with the Diclonius Commonwealth, as they side with the rebels.
Trade Embargo on the nation of Eden.
North Badustan
Wars -
None yet!

RP Stuff -

Cities of the Grand Empire -
Wehrmacht City - Population 300,000 (Capital, cultural center for the Wehrmacht Empire)
Danzig - Population 100,000 (Regional Capital of the northern provinces)
Mainz - Population 150,000 (Regional Capital of the central provinces)
Vienna - Population 75,000 (Cultural capital of the empire, located in the central provinces)
Budapest - Population 90,000 (military center of the empire, located in the southern provinces)
Kiev - Population 65,000 (production capital of the empire, located in the southern provinces)

Wehrmachtian names for the continents -
Northern continent - Switzerland
Southern continent - Rhine
Central continent - Danube
Western Continent - Anatolia

Due to Emperor Mosher viewing art as useless, there were no artists available to construct a decent flag, so here is what the nation cobbled together.

ilDuce,

You've also embraced the Cult of the Machine. Alliance?

Oi, just because you choose the same tech path doesn't mean you have the same doctrines.

Top Bottom