News: TSG16 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 16
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the sixteenth game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of new features in Civilization 5 to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these new features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It’s better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

In this game, the designated VC is Culture. You may win by any VC you wish, as all VC's are enabled, but the results will be posted with fastest finish by Culture victory and then all other VC listed below by fastest time. Good Luck!

In this game you will play as Darius I and lead the Persian civilization to victory. It’s a standard sized fractal map played at Prince difficulty and at standard pace. Culture victory is the designated VC for this game, all victory conditions are enabled. You will have until August 15th to complete the game and submit.

Time to test the new patch with Culture victory. Let's see how the changes to the Social Policies affect this VC.

It seems the new patches for windows puts Mac players on the sidelines again as they await their patches. Hope it is a short wait. :please:

Please note that you are only allowed to build Oxford University one time. :nono:

Civ V - TSG16 game settings
Playable Civ: Darius I - Persia
Number of AI Opponents: 7
Number of City-States: 16
Map type: Fractal
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: Prince
Temperature: Temperate
Game pace: Standard
Game options: Promotion saving is enabled. Quick Combat is disabled (You can enable it by following instructions in this link.) Policy saving is disabled.

In this game, you will be playing as Darius I, you possess Achaemenid Legacy. Golden Ages last 50% longer. During a Golden Age, units receive +1 hex movement and a 10% Combat Strength bonus.

You can train the Immortal, which replaces the Spearman. The unit specializes in defeating mounted units. The unit has a combat strength of 8, higher than the Spearman's 7, and it heals more quickly. To build it, you must research the technology of Bronze Working.

You can also build Satrap's Court, which replaces the Bank. Satrap's Court increases the output of the city's gold by 25% while also adding +2 Gold and +2 Happiness to your empire. A Market is required in the city before you can build it and you must have researched the technology of Banking.

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Game In Progress thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! , We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature)

This game runs for four weeks and ends Monday, 15 August 2011.

The Save can be found here.

The gotm server has been a bit dodgy today. If you cannot see the image of the starting screen shot, chances are good that it is not working properly. This also means that you cannot download the starting save.

Please accept our apologies as we ask for your patience. :please:

As the server appears to non-functional for the moment, please find the TSG16 save attached to this post.

Attachments

• TSG16_Start.Civ5Save
    410.7 KB · Views: 144
had hopes for a cult game, and definatly gonna do this.
Gonna move inland, even when map looks like the "continent" might be small and host few civs.

Huts on/off?

Got my sp path in mind allready.

AlanH has posted a forum wide announcement that the server that supports the gotm and hof is down and that the hosting company is performing hardware testing to attempt a repair. Until the server comes back online, you will not be able to upload your final saves using the submission system. Please keep your saves and upload them when the server has been repaired. Thank you again for your patience.

Huts on/off?
Huts are on.

Leif, can you add the screenshot in another way to the post?

cheers
Christoph
Sure can. Here it is.

Attachments

• TS16Start.jpg
    TS16Start.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,243
Think I'll give this one a try. I'm a Civ5 neqbie though. Just wonering what everyone else thinks of the viability of settling in place? Nice resources there, but where's the Food?! Is Grasslands enough?

except for the 2 hills and the desert they are ALL food (2 food from grasslands)
The stone tiles have 2 food and 1 production, and if you improve the dyes that tile will have 2 food as well.

farming grasslands near river will result in 3 food per tile as well... no food problem there. a fish would have been nice though...

I think I'll move the warrior west 2 tiles before deciding if I want to settle in place or move west. Settling in place looks like it might be the best idea. We might even get lucky and have fish/whales show up in the eastern 3rd ring tiles that are in the fog.

Top Bottom