Divine Intervention-The Newbie's Gambit

SamSniped

DJ Goodboye
Hello guys, I am a complete noob! :D
Anyways, I am starting my own my own Divine Intervention game. I will be Gandhi on a Marathon RandomScriptMap as a Warlord, with everything I can randomize except era and time randomized. I will take 50-100 turns every 24 hours, so you must post your interventions quickly. Here are the rules for you gods out there-

1.Do NOT give Industrial or Future Era techs or units to any Civ until 1850 AD; no giving Gunpowder units or Calvary until 1000AD.

2.There can be an unlimited number of gods. I will state, however, that each god gets 3(three) interventions tht CANNOT be changed lest I state that intervention will ruin the game for everyone. The god who makes an unintervenable channge must state so in that post. I WILL be monitoring this!

3.DO NOT INTERVENE IN ANOTHER GOD'S QUEST!!!!!! If you do you may suffer banishment from this game.

For the rest, these rules follow (FROM DI2[certain rules nullified])-
I.Thou shalt announce your intentions.
--(Be sure to "got it" so we don't run into continuim errors. We reserve the right to ignore not announced updates)

II. Thou shalt not Intervene if you were the last deity to intervene, and thou shalt only intervene once per waking
--(You may only intervene once per my update, and you must wait for another God to intervene before intervening again.)

IV. Thou shalt not use your powers for cataclysmic destruction
--(Remember, less is more. Be subtle. It is far more interesting for everyone if you make subtle, interesting changes like forming a choke with mountains than if you just tear giant swathes of ice through my cities. I reserve the right to reject saves I think are unnecessarily apocalyptic.)

V. Thou shalt reveal yourself to the mortal with grace.
--(Everyone loves a good story, and if you decide to contribute to it, be creative! Choose a name and domain [i.e., Winston, the Sea God] that you govern, even if the characters don't know it's you acting)

VI. Thou shalt not be vindictive, and thou shalt not halt progress.
--(You are not allowed to strip techs away from me. Anything I research is mine permanently. You are also not allowed to remove any named unit, for any reason.)

VII. Thou shalt not be unnecessarily nice to the puny mortal.
--(I do not need a stack of thirty Level 9 Praetorians to win my fights. You do not need to fill my BFC with flood-plain grassland goldmine hills next to rivers. The only exception to this is if you genuinely make me work my ass off to get it, and even then it not ought to be as good as the dream city outlined above.)

VIII. Thou shalt reward him for piety, and thou shalt offer him redemption for his punishments.
--(If you give me a quest and I succeed, reward me! If it was easy don't give me a big bonus, and if it was hard I am going to be miffed if I get another Great Prophet for all my hard work. Likewise, if you punish me, tell me how I can fix it!)

X. Thou shalt obey the natural order of things, and of time, and of destiny.
--(There is a storyline going on here. Do try and fit in. Do not take great lengths to completely detract from it. Be smart.)

XI. Thou shalt not abuse your architectural omniscient nature.
--(Don't add wonders that don't already exist.)

THE GODS(Name/God Of.../Unreversable Interverntions Left)
Tambien/Narrator/3 Left
Strados/Weather/3 left
Almighty Z/Uranium, chaos, elephants/3 left
Inohotep/wonders,land/3 left
Radio/Music/3 Left

Current Turn number-753
QUESTS-
Strados's Quest-Attack the first civilization to settle in the Strados Highlands and raze the city they founded there.
Radio's Quest-'Take my "R" shaped island from the barbarians, it's definately worth it'
AZ's Quest-Vassalize all of the Civs

I found out tht NONE of my screenshots saved except the last one :( So I will tell you what happened in turns 1-52
I founded Hinduism around turn 23.
I got AH, Priesthood, and Hunting from goody huts.
I thought I was the only one on my continent until i found Louis XIV around turn 47.
I have two Warrior units(with woodsman 1 and 2) and a scout unit exploring manually.
And I ended here-

Intervene away!

@Sam: Its a long-held forum tradition to tell newbies that we won't eat them. :D It makes their meat more tender when we do them relax, and gets them initiated. :D

THE EDIT:
Sam was walking along his gardern's main path when he saw a flash. Out of the flash came Tambien. Tambien said, "Hello Sam. I am Tambien, Narrator. I am a kind god. The others are less so. Do not let them trick you."

Sam replied, "Umm... Ok...."

Tambien said, "Anyways, I have created some landbridges. You are now connected to the other 2 continents of your world. Good luck!" With that Tambien vanished.

Spoiler Quest :
-Get the techs Monotheism and Theology
-Found Judaism and Christianity(they come with those techs)

NOT FOR SAM'S EYES(NFSE)
Spoiler NFSE :
-Built a landbridge between the continents. LB 2.
-Built a landbridge between the continent GM is on and the one above it. LB 1.(One tile adjustment :lol: )
-Built a bridge between an island that First Bridge(B2 in game) connects to and the main conrinent. LB 3.

There are four DIs up now. :run: What's up with all of them that have sprung up?

I sign up as Strados, god of the weather.
I'll do my changes next.

Samsniped , the great king of Delhi, was walking in his garden (he must be garden-addicted) when he saw a droplet falling out of a cloud. The droplet had eyes and a mouth, and floated in the air without falling. Samsniped, being a wise king, knew normal droplets don't defy the laws of gravity and don't have facial features, and deduced this droplet was a deity.
'Hello', he said.
'Tambien has been here.' the droplet said.
'Indeed, o mighty deity! You must be a wise god, as you know things no other beings can possible know.'
'No, no, there is just a terrible smell around here, I knew it had to be Tambien.'
'Oh'.
Spoiler :
I'm just joking ;)

'Tambien is an evil god and did many bad things to the world, such as connecting civilizations, meaning war will soon break out. I, however, warmed up the colder areas of the world, making them suitable for settling.'
'That's great!' said Samsniped.
'Indeed. I also have a quest for you. Settle your second city 6 E and 1 N of your capital, and name it Treehugcity. Do NOT chop any of the forests, unless you have to do so to free poor livestock, such as sheep, cows and horses, and pasture them. Do not improve any tile but the grassland hill two W of the city, the cows, and possible other livestock.'
'I shall do as you wish, great deity'.
And the droplet magically disappeared in a cloud of sulphur.

QUEST:
Spoiler :
Found your second city 6 E, 1 N of your capital. Do not chop any of the forests but the one with forests under it. Do not build any improvements but roads, the cow pasture, the mine on the grassland hill and the horse pasture, do not chop the forests.

Not for SS's eyes:
Spoiler :
I changed all deserts w/o floodplains, oasis or resource to lakes or coast. I changed all ice into tundra. I changed all tundras into plain. I removed the Polar ice.

Attachments

• Strijder20's changesBC-3220.CivBeyondSwordSave
    80 KB · Views: 94
Welcome
:band:

If you have BTS [beyond the sword], try doing a Fall From Heaven: Age of Ice story.

I just finished my first game on that mod i actually won, it was fun

And if you can handle it, try playing FFH2 [Fall From Heaven 2]

It doesn't come with BTS, though

Top Bottom