Divine Intervention-The Newbie's Gambit

Tlc2011 said:
If you have BTS [beyond the sword], try doing a Fall From Heaven: Age of Ice story.
I will do this either after this DI or if I don't get 5 gods to sign up. 3 are needed if you want to join, no real skills required!

Strados said:
Found your second city 6 E, 1 N of your capital. Do not chop any of the forests but the one with forests under it. Do not build any improvements but roads, the cow pasture, the mine on the grassland hill and the horse pasture, do not chop the forests.
Rather interesting. I wonder what my reward will be...maybe a good resource on that mine?

Sam, Age of Ice is a real mod.

If you were talking to me. Age of Ice is in the advanced area under "Load a Mod" or in Beyond the Sword content in Single Player.

All mods that you put in the mod folder are stored in the Load A Mod section.

To install, FFH2 has it's own installer and other mods, drop their zip [or unzipped, i can't remember] folder into the Mods folder in Beyond the sword. Because i use Windows Seven, my BTS folder is in F\Program Files[64bit or something],Firaxis,CivilizationIV,BeyondTheSword. Something like that.

I know its a real mod :D
I was looking around the mods when I first got this game in January, and I remembered it looked fun. Just never got around to trying it. And I know how to load a mod...

KK, just didn't know whether you did or not [you said Complete Noob]

And i expect you to find Iron in that mine after you get the task done.

Welcome!
:band: :band: :dance: :dance: [party] [party]

We won't eat you!

If anyone tells you that I am less Epic than them they are lying, especially if its MoreEpicThanYou. :D

Anyway, Tambien, Narrator, signing in. :D

Hey, I copyrighted that!

Not signing up for this. I'm going to be busy for a while.

I am getting awards left and right!
hey Tambien can you make pictyre of a cookie that has chocolate chips spelling out EPIC COOKIE for me? :D

Oh, yea? The Supreme Court of CFC isn't enough!
LET THERE BE TEH COURT OF MORE EPIC THAN YOU! Where I am the judge! AND THERE IS NO JURY!
I sentence you to a thousand years in Non-Epicness-land!

You're right! And...

Attachments

• epiccookie.png
    epiccookie.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 139
Start-Turn 53.

Turn 59- Oh Goody(Hut)!

Turn 63- Goody Huts Give EXP too!:D

Turn 69- Researched Archery.

Turn 89- Thank the Gods for Goodie Huts!

Turn 95- After crossing the first land bridge...

Turn 96-...This guy pops up right there!

Turn 99- 1/2 of the quest given to me by Tambien is done(Judaism founded)

Turn 101- I AM GLORIOUS![pimp]

Turn 111- I get my first chariot to protect my worker and (soon-to-come)settler.

Turn 122- I cross the second Land Bridge.

Turn 127- All I could think of was Devo singing "Whip It!" ...and this-:whipped:

Turn 135- I get the Settler to start and finish Strado's quest!

Turn 137- A third land bridge? Cool :cool:

Turn 145- I got pot(tery)!

Turn 149- This guy pops up...

Turn 151- I AM STILL GLORIOUS! [pimp]

Turn 154- It's Charlie...

Turn 155- ...and Genghis Khan!

Settled Bombay AKA Treehugcity.

Turn 158-RAWR. NO STONEHENGE FOR ME.

And here I stop. Intervene away!

NOTE-for some reason pics for turns 155,154, 127, 122, 111, 101, & 99 didnt show up.

Start-Turn 53.

NOTE-for some reason pics for turns 155,154, 127, 122, 111, 101, & 99 didnt show up.

I can see them.
I'll intervene next.
Oh yes - your reward. A super early national park :) Yes, in treehugcity.
You will have to earn the forest preserves via mini-quests.

Strados saw the new city, burstling with life. This city was found to please him, and called 'treehugcity'.
What a pity Sam Sniped hadn't invented the compass yet. For if he did, he would have known that 'East' was the opposite direction.
He clapped in his hands, and suddenly the city was silent. To explode in screams a mere second later.
It sank away in the ground, taking it's population with it. And reemerged thousands of kilometres to the east, on the right spot.

This was the city of Trees, and the National Park of India.
Strados used the power he got out of the prayers of his worshippers to cover the whole continent in forests. The Indians rejoiced, as they knew those forests would bring them abundance.

But not everyone on the continent was pleased with this.
Far away, a Roque-fort addicted primate had build a palace too and reigned over a group of city-states. The people living in those cities, a cultured, refined and friendly people, had done nothing to deserve such a capitulating swine.
Louis XIV had to go.

So Strados emerged in one of SS's dreams, telling hem:
'Louis XIV has to go.'

This was a very clear message, and Strados had no doubt his faithful follower would eliminate Louis. The reward would be great, as Treehugcity's citizens would be even more productive.

NFSSE:

Spoiler :
I covered the whole continent in forests.
I moved Treehugcity 12 tiles to the east.
I added two forest preserves to it's BFC.
I added the national park in it.
I added a continent to the centre of the map, full of abundance and scarce of cheese-eating cowards.

Attachments

• SamSniped BC-1920.CivBeyondSwordSave
    118.9 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom