Modded civ dont show up HELP!

lenin1917

Warlord
Well so i start creating my own civ, to start i only do basic xml change like changing the city name of an existing civ, and when i install my mod in game everything go fine but when i go to choose my civilization, it didnt show up!

Need help to figure out what cause that, pretty sure its something stupid, but i can fiure out what it is :(

So there is the zipped project and the zipped folder of the mod

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Quebec Civ.zip
    517 bytes · Views: 66
  • Quebec Empire.zip
    3 KB · Views: 60
Im really in the same boat as you. The Modbuddy isnt a buddy it is an evil device designed to make modding more confusing that it actually is. I did the same exact thing and came up with this same issue. Im assuming Civ 5 is just so stupidly made that it doesnt recognize manual changes to the xml files. Thats just my theory atleast. Im just gunna make a thread requesting the changes I want anyways. Maybe we can lump our requests together if you can't figure something out.

So nobody know whats the problem ??

Your first problem is that you are trying (and failing) to re-define all the standard tables within your mod. Omit all the <Table ...></Table> tags and you should either get your civ working or some more meaningful errors in the database.log and xml.log files (you do have logging enabled and are checking the log files during mod development)

La civilization ne s'affiche pas parce qu'il y a des coquilles dans le code XML.

Reste à trouver lesquelles. Je n'ai pas le courage de regarder, j'en bave déjà avec mon MOD en préparation.

Je conseille de télécharger un MOD qui marche et qui a mis en place de nouvelles civilizations, de faire un copier / coller de son fichier civilization.xml et de procéder par petit pas pour comprendre à quoi correspond chaque ligne et faire le parallèle avec ton fichier. Une simple faute de frappe peut casser le MOD.

Ça peut être long, probablement fastidieux, mais il n'y a pas de raisons que quelqu'un puisse réussir et pas un autre. En ce donnant un peu de mal on arrive à tout.

I hope, I help. Good luck !! :)

And sorry for the inconveniance of writing some french, i hope i did not broke some forum's rules.

Kwadjh

Top Bottom