Don't have Conquests? Read this.

WildWeazel

Carthago Creanda Est
As you've all seen, Civilization III is nearing its 10th birthday and sadly I still see poor souls lamenting about how they don't have the Conquests expansion. Since this here forum is all about modding and you can't do a lot of modding without Conquests, that makes things a bit unwieldy.

Well it turns out that Steam, Direct2Drive, and Impulse all have digital downloads of Civ3 Complete (PC) for under $5 USD. That's cheap enough that it should be an instant purchase for anyone, but times are hard and some people just don't have the money, or in the case of you young'uns, don't have the plastic.

Edit 09/2014: I'm limiting this offer to Steam only, because the other stores have migrated and I always keep a couple of extra copies in my Steam inventory anyway. It routinely goes on sale for as low as $1.24!

In honor of Civ3's anniversary and to help bolster the future of this little commune I've decided to help out.

So then, if you:

• don't have Complete and/or Conquests
  • are unable to fork over a few dollars for it
  • are not pirating the game
  • have a Steam account (free)
  • and are a participating member of CFC
PM me with your Steam profile name AND send me a Steam friend request, and I'll gift you a copy, no further questions asked. All I expect in return is that you continue to contribute to the forum in some way, and pay it forward if you get a chance.

Spoiler :
I'll have to take your word for most of the above points, so please don't try to take advantage of me and ruin it for everyone else. Of course I reserve the right to modify or rescind the offer at any time for any reason without notice yadda yadda IANAL.

Last edited:
:hatsoff: such an offer should be put in the front page! Very nice of you really!
About the 5th point, maybe someone "really willing to become a participating member of Civ3 C&C forum" should be welcome too ? With Conquest they will discover all kinds of new possibilities with Civ3 and would be able to participate more than they do now.

:hatsoff: such an offer should be put in the front page! Very nice of you really!
erm... I'd be afraid that might exceed my budget ;) In fact I'd appreciate it if word of this doesn't spread beyond C&C. Which is why I made the final point:
About the 5th point, maybe someone "really willing to become a participating member of Civ3 C&C forum" should be welcome too ? With Conquest they will discover all kinds of new possibilities with Civ3 and would be able to participate more than they do now.
I'm not expecting someone to have published a mod, just that they've been here and posted in the forum, showing some interest in what we do, and are not just a brand new member who we've never seen before.

erm... I'd be afraid that might exceed my budget ;) In fact I'd appreciate it if word of this doesn't spread beyond C&C. Which is why I made the final point:

I'm not expecting someone to have published a mod, just that they've been here and posted in the forum, showing some interest in what we do, and are not just a brand new member who we've never seen before.
I'm pretty sure "participating member of C&C" and "don't have Conquest" doesn't make a lot of people, and it won't harm your budget to spread the word, but I might be wrong.
Let's wait and see ;)

What a fantastic offer and awesome way to keep this community alive and thriving!

For those not sure if it worth $5, there are no other games that I've ever hung onto for a decade. Nothing compares to Civ3, and to be fair to my "Real Life" I hope nothing else ever does :)

yep praise for great offer .. ah but I already have this and haven't lost, worn out or destroyed the disk yet.

This is a Very Thoughtful gesture indeed WildWeazel.
I do think it wise to limit the offer rather than extend it to the general population obviously.

...hey, if you do not get any takers, I can always use a little extra cash...:D JK :lol:

I wuld like to get the game if you have chance,
thanks,
ceaser1345

10 people praising me and not a single taker... I may have stumbled upon the secret to public goodwill.

I realy would like a copy of Civ3 Complete, all I have is an accouont there and notmuch else,
thanks,
ceaser1345

Top Bottom