[C3C] Modding turns and variety of single player options

Hello all. I am 65 in a month and love playing Civ series. I play strictly Single Player and love modding for my enjoyment. I play via Stream and am playing on a Windows 7 64 Bit and wanted a cheat program, I have searched and found great opportunities in the Editor however saw somewhere a Trainer (I think thats it?) where you could alter the game such as maybe rush a Wonder or adjusting a terrain bonus or even make a larger than 160 X 160, also adjust where a mega map with little to no ocean is. I am handicapped with little to no use of left hand so love playing single player. Please forgive me if this has been asked before, I would appreciate any assistance as I love to mod and learn from the experiences. One other thing, In Call To Power I learned to use SLIC to change various parameters as well as Notepad to make some units non obsolete as well as extend buildings and wonders for an extended period, is this possible with CIV III Conquests? Thanks for any assistance!

Grandpa Troll, as it seems you had no success since that post you have written at CFC, I made a quick search at CFC for Civ 3 trainers and I found the following:

MegaTrainer XL : The link in that thread seems to be no longer active.
Pitch

I have never used any of them, as using those "trainers" during a game in my eyes is cheating (at least you cheat yourself). Different in my eyes is to use the Debug mode of C3C for creating mods or scenarios. A Debug mode biq can be created easily from every C3C biq by one click in the Firaxis editor. I have attached a C3C biq in Debug mode to this post. Simply put it in your C3C content folder for mods and scenarios. I cannot say if it works for the steam version of Civ 3 Complete, as I don´t own this version.

When playing in Debug Mode, the complete map is revealed and your civ is renamed to the civ Debug, so everybody knows that you are using that function. Terrain cannot be changed directly, but of course many workers can be added to perform terraforming. Here is a screenshot of the Debug options listed in the civilopedia of the mod CCM:

Debug Mode.jpg

Attachments

• conquests-Debug.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 2
Hello! I was going to say welcome to CFC, but I see you've been here longer than I have. Welcome to Civ3 C&C anyway. To your questions about maps and rules, the Conquests editor (Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe in your game directory) allows you to generate and edit maps of any size from 16x16 to 362x362, and customize all of the content such as units, resources, techs, etc. You can find threads on how to use the editor stickied in the "Tutorials, References, and Guides" subforum, plus there are a few unofficial editors and mod tools here that let us do more.

Wow..thanks so much! Like I said I am disabled to some degree and love modding for personal use only. I have always loved comping to CFC, not a Caustic abrasive community. I seem to remember a Thunderfall (name may not be exact_ he was or is an owner of maybe senior staff here. He appealed to me how he lets members have frank open discussions, "Dialogue" versus "Monologue". Im a big boy so I understand some people simply cannot communicate or other side of coin some cannot take criticism. My babydoll went out in the land of internet....found me some older functioning towers with WINDOWS 98 plus some laptops similar setup. Im set for my older games. A guy named Dale maybe from Australia, made me some templates to mod for CIV IV:BTS. It was a birthday present and was so happy for the guidance. Best advice I ever got and dont remember who, but was learning C++ or SLIC (for Call To Power) and having issues, he simply posted a one word response, "EDIT" then posted then "TEST" for next post. LOL it took a couple minutes to sink in but a light came on. Funny thing I tried counting line on NOTEPAD and of course not possible. Then someone introduced me to EDITPLUS and EDITPLUS2, you see the point I am attempting to share, is people just like you both here were kind enough to share. Please know it means so much! I am grateful and will not take it lightly. Ill keep you abreast of it comes. Please accept my deepest appreciation!

Wow!!! This is why I love CFC!!! So I am doing "muh thang" over here...and found using the DEBUG feature...I can complete wonders!!!! I have tweaked a few Wonders by having them produce a unit every so many turns ...like 10 turns for free Rifleman upon completion of The Pyramids, so I tried out the DEBUG feature under City Screen pressed "b" and could add a Wonder to a city!!! In additions I added Settlers abilities to mimic a worker. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I need to teach myself map making, I would love to have a map with huge settings like the 362 X 362 and mostly land, maybe some rivers running like a highway system but make it where warring factions/civilizations battle for supremacy. Thanks again for the help, it means a lot for me and my single player enjoyment!

I wanted to follow up with this recap. I tried several things and found it was not entertaining having a massive advantage. I have been tweaking and just to share I was on DEBUG and demigod mode. I was amazed watching the computer go to town, a well oiled machine!!! I was impressed on how the computer A.I. basically churns out settlers and after a few cities dedicates one or two to settler production and then maybe 1-2 may produce spearmen and maybe one or two produce workers. I just love Civilization games, Call To Power CIV II Test of Time (Graphics look a little better the CIV II MGE) , CIV 3 Conquests and CIV IV: BTS. I havent been exactly thrilled about anything past that, maybe one day. Thanks again for all the help, means a lot from a player who is not an expert at playing or modding but does enjoy learning how to do some basic functions.

Top Bottom