Lancaster Bomber

Hunter

Civ Addict
Well I was planing to finish this by friday but company is coming tomorow and staying for a while. Besides sleep is a....ZZZZZ hu wha. O ya as I was saying I give you the "Lancaster Bomber".
The power house bomber of the commonwealth in WW2. My game was not complete whith out it and I hope you enjoy it. It isnt my best unit but I like it.

I sugest using it as a flavor unit for any commonwealth nations you use in your game.

O alittle bit of info on this real life beauty is that only 2 are still flying today.

and historicaly:
Of the total of 7377 Lancasters built, 3932 were lost in action. During the war Lancasters flew a total of 156 000 sorties and dropped 608,612 tons of bombs. 55,000 aircrew, including 10,000 Canadians, were killed serving in Bomber Command. During much of the war 5% of the bombers which set out each night failed to return making service in bombers the most dangerous field in the allied military.

Lancaster

Sorry I forgot the image. I will post an in game one tomorow... O wait it just became tomorow... well later TODAY then. Good night... or good morning, anyway, enjoy.

Attachments

• lancasterimage.jpg
    lancasterimage.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,102
Great unit.
Thanks.

Some stats (from Century of Warfare):

Lancaster(1943 version)
Range: 1 450 km Anti-air 2 Defence 11 Bombard 21
Comparing stats for He-111:
Range: 820 km Anti-air 2 Defence 8 Bombard 9

looks great hunter
keep up the the good work

Thanks guys Im glad you like it. :)

Next on the plate is a unit I was asked to do some time ago (its a secret ;) ) and then Zulu had asked and I want to do the Matilda tank. After that who knows, maby the sherman (never realy liked the Civ 3 Tank) or some more air craft. :hammer:

Thanks guys im glad people like this one as well. I am starting to think I am enjoying creating units more than the game its self. I have been spending more time at it then playing anyway. :)

Originally posted by Schizo_Angel
hmmm...No offence hunter, you seem like a cool bloke, but again, Not the lancaster im looking for. Oh well

Well my good man how would you like it changed? Is it just a mater of colors or is more of a physical change. I have alitte more time on my hands this weekend than expected so maybe I can alter it.

You rock Hunter!

Just the sort of unit any prospective WW2 creator desires :)

I will give my crits once I've added it :)

Could you show me some more shots? (once youve done the camo)

I dont know really, maybe its the model quality...Sorry :(

Its the previews, some poeple dont have good picture converters please try the unit in game b4 your post negative feedback thanks....

I would, but I dont like messing around all the unit files...its annoying. A screenshot in game (print screen) is all it takes

Top Bottom