Galleass Sailing Warship

The Galleass middle ages sailing warship is complete. I have not been able to test the death animation in-game, but the rest of the unit works just fine.

Discussion of this unit can be found here.

The preview you see jumps around a bit, but it's not really noticeable in-game.

Galleass.zip

CATAPULT ATTACK ANIMATION NOW AVAILABLE

CatapultAttack.zip

Awesome. With so many excellent units coming out and filing in the historical gaps my Mod is now a third added units.

A Sugestion: Using a line like;

RUN=..\Galley\GalleyRun.wav

will use the wave file without having to include it with the unit. This will work even if the new unit's folder is in a scenario folder and the original unit's folder is in the default location. ie.

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\CIV3PTW\Scenarios\HMM\Art\Units\Galleass

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\units\Galley

Well, this is really great :)

Especially since it is done cut&paste, which makes things like the death anim much more difficult

:goodjob:

Originally posted by Nemesis Rex
A Sugestion: Using a line like;

RUN=..\Galley\GalleyRun.wav

I appreciate you showing me exactly how this works. I do know about this feature, but it seemed everytime I used it, I'd get an error message saying it couldn't find the file.

I'll have to try it again.

Also, those of you who have downloaded the unit, let me know how the death animation looks in-game. I'd like to know if it looks ok.

Thanks,

Colonel

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken

Cool! I'm glad I could be of service and a part of your mod.

No prob. Actually it was desided before youposted the unit.

Originally posted by Kal-el
Well done, I will have to find a place for it in DyP. Now how about that Ship-of-the-Line conversion. ;)

Sheesh! You don't give up, do ya?! :lol: ;)

That's what I was going to look into next . . . after a little break. It's just that I know it's going to be soooo difficult. :crazyeye:

:)

I love it im just not sure (even after going thought the discusion page) where in the tech tree to put. But I must say it is a very needed unit.

Originally posted by Hunter
I love it im just not sure (even after going thought the discusion page) where in the tech tree to put. But I must say it is a very needed unit.

Thank you. My thought was probably to just have it available with Feudalism or Engineering. Astronomy would be too late. It should probably be right from the beginning of the Middle Ages.

Thanks for enjoying my unit. :)

Colonel

Just wanted to chime in and say what a useful unit this is.

Well made, and fits perfectly into a gap in the game (historically and for gameplay).

"By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan... You
shall be avenged." (also Galaxy Quest... Rickman's character has that cheesy line he hates rattling off.)

I really like this unit, and have added it to my latest
scenario version.
I have also checked "build often naval units" for the
med.-civs.
Great work,Colonel Kraken.
5*****.

Thanks.

Top Bottom