D&D Mystara Elven Units

Grandraem

Alchemist
Here are some elven units I made for my D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) mod, based on the world of Mystara. Included are: an elven settler, worker, scout, warrior, and light footman. The warrior is kind of the base offense unit in my mod, with the light footman being the next upgrade after that. I was going to create my next few upgrades in the line as well, but chose to keep my current placeholders, as they're acceptable enough to me.

There are some notes I need to add for them. Hopefully I'll remember them all, so here goes:

1. The elves of Mystara are slightly shorter than the average human, so these units may be about a pixel or so smaller than regular PDM units. I reduced the PDMs size a tiny bit by overall scale, and then a tiny bit more by width, just to fit how I wanted them to be. I'm assuming it'll be barely noticeable (or maybe even not at all) at Civ Scale.

2. They're all based (some more loosely than others) on pictures of elves from D&D Mystara products.

3. To save time on them, they mostly use animations from Plotinus and CamJH. A huge thanks to the both of them. Other animations I created or altered myself.

4. The worker contains a crudely added fortify and attack anim. I added those using the short sword I gave him for his jungle anim. I'm aware that he carries a shovel for the default and run and then fortifies with a sword out of nowhere, but I just added those anims just in case and probably won't use them anyways. Also, I know that he slides a very tiny bit in the fortify, but I'm leaving it be as it's not that noticeable, and also for the same reasons about not probably using it anyways.

5. There may be slight alterations from the GIF previews, as they were created using the rendered BMPs, and some slight changes, such as post-storyboard work to the Light Footman's cape, were done afterwards.

6. The preview GIFs are all in the SW direction, by my choice, and a slight jump in the Light Footman's attack in the preview isn't in the final unit.

Thanks to...
themanuneed - who made all the preview GIFs for me, and helped me to correct a slight jump in the run anim of the units.
Plotinus - for various things, such as animations and his dynamic cloth tutorial, which I once again had to reference for one of these units.
utahjazz7 - for his unit making tutorial and props.
Moeniir - for FLICster
Steph - for his SBB program
CamJH - for animations
Various other 3rd parties - such as the creators of Photoshop, etc.
If I missed anyone else, I apologize and would appreciate if you would mention it to me so that I can add you to this list. :)

Previews...

Download ZIP...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18032&act=down

Please feel free to alter or use these units in any way you wish!

Fantastic! That basic elven warrior was needed for a long time. Now, elven civs won't have to always start the game with Bronze Working to have spearmen as their only combat unit at the start. That settler and worker will be put to good use as well.

Definitely Going to have to grab the worker for the Final Fantasy mod... The current Elvaan worker doesn't fit quite as well as this one.

Definitely Going to have to grab the worker for the Final Fantasy mod... The current Elvaan worker doesn't fit quite as well as this one.

Ditto for me and my fantasy mod. Several of the others may well replace other Elven units I have in at present too. Thanks for making them Grandraem.

Any plans to make an Eleven spearman unit in the future. I know that several exist already but the one I'm using currently doesn't quite fit properly in my mod.

wonderfull, if they would not have those ears they would have fitted in a variety of gaps, but i guess it will work anyway. :)

I haven't looked them in game, but are these ears really visible on so small scale.. if not, then those who want to use them as humans, have to paint over only pediaicons... not a big thing. I think that even if these ears are visible in game, I still use them in normal game.. at least two of these. Good work Grandraem!

Thanks all, for the nice comments! :)

As for the ears, you get glimpses of them here and there, but I don't think it'd take too much work for someone to edit the storyboards and "paint" over the ears. Probably would only take an hour or two per unit to export FLCs to storyboard, load them into a paint program, paint over the ears with the hair or hat colour where necessary, and then create new FLCs.

nick0515,
I may in the distant future make a line of elven defenders (spearman, pikeman, etc.), but currently I've got other units I'd rather work on, as some of my placeholders badly need replacing and the elven spear units I'm using are acceptable enough for the time being. I'll probably release my mod before any more elven units are made, which still requires some other graphics and units.

The current unit I'm working on is a king unit for my Malpheggi Swamp Civ (which I'm replacing the Eusdria Civ with), which will be a lizardman unit. I have some excellent lizardman units already, but I don't wish to spare any as a King unit. I haven't decided whether I'll release that unit separate from my mod though. :)

Not sure if you mistook my comment to mean that I made or am making multiple lizardmen units, themanuneed. The others I referred to (the "excellent lizardmen units") were ones that others already made. I'm only making one myself... I think... .... yeah, probably just the one king unit. The swamp also contains gnolls, goblins, and orcs, so I'll be able to fill any gaps in the unit lines with those.

Grandraem: I'm looking forward to that one lizardman unit... I've already grabbed (and added) Tom's spear and sword lizardmen as Bangaa to the Final Fantasy mod (and I have plans on adding a flavor Mithra offensive unit line for Windhurst), and I was planning on adding an additional Bangaa Mercenary line of offensive units (along with the flavor Mithra units since Windhurst is one of the civs slated for removal) to the Lord of the Final Fantasy scenario when I get around to making it (basically a crossover between Final Fantasy and Lord of the Rings..)

Top Bottom